Three Six Mafia At Wrestlemania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Apparently there was talk of bringing in rap group Three 6 Mafia to do Mark Henry’s theme song at WrestleMania 29 this year but the idea was reportedly dropped.

Read more: Three 6 Mafia At WWE WrestleMania 29?, Chris Jericho’s Black Eye, Marty Jannetty, Rock & Cena | PWMania

I would have marked out hard for this, but I do understand why it's not a good idea to bring them in. With NY/NJ being filled with smark fans, you'll probably hear Goldberg chants for Ryback. If they brought out Three Six Mafia, then Henry would get a pretty nice face reaction. They got to try to make this Ryback moment huge and get him over even more. Keep Henry as a full heel, while try to continue to establish Ryback some more.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Could just be that the match itself really isn't that important on the card and it would be a little silly to have those guys play Henry to the ring just to lose a 1st-hour match. Also, they might have something similar planned already for another match on the card, like what they did with Cena and Rock last year with MGK and Flo Rida. That's something you save for the money matches. I don't think this match really warrants that type of introduction, particularly for Mark Henry of all people.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It just wouldn't make sense to pay so much money to have them for a match that isn't exactly important. I won't be against it if it happens, but really why waste that much money when the pay out might not be that good.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah don't get me wrong, I love Three Six Mafia. That shit takes me back. I'm just not sure their presence will be worth the fee they'd charge.

Reaction score
It's a bigger match than people think. This is Ryback's moment here to not only get a WrestleMania "moment" but also to show that he can get the job done at the biggest show of the year! I do agree though that Three Six Mafia would be a waste of money.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I was also disappointed at first but it makes sense the way the OP put it. This match is presumably to put Ryback over for his first big event win and it won't turn out as well if Mark Henry overshadows Ryback. It'll be hard enough without the inevitable Goldberg chants.

EDIT - hit Quote instead of Reply

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Doesn't really make sense to bring them in for Henry this year, if he was World champion then it would have worked out better.

I am glad that Diddy will be performing this year, massive get by WWE.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;ThfVvz-h-Lw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThfVvz-h-Lw[/video]

Yeah, don't wanna see them at mania. Stick to the studio/recorded version.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm not the biggest fan of this group but Mark Henry deserves a moment like this at Wrestlemania. He doesn't have any real big moments at Wrestlemania, he's clearly always an afterthought this time of year. Also we all know he's probably just there for Ryback to Shell Shock him in front of a huge crowd, let him have his moment man.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Never even heard of them til now.