Thoughts on the crowd: Let's face it, we all would of done the same

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So thinking back at Summerslam and Raw last night we all called out the crowd for being stupid and stuff, like focusing on the UV title and not the match.

Honestly if I was there I would of done the same thing they were doing.

Would any of you done the same too?

Reactions: #BeatUpJohnCena

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
No. They were acting like assholes.

Despite the Universal title design being deplorable and all, they should've focused and cared about the match.

Same as they should've cared for Ambrose vs Ziggler.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
No. They were acting like assholes.

Despite the Universal title design being deplorable and all, they should've focused and cared about the match.

Same as they should've cared for Ambrose vs Ziggler.
I wouldn't of cared at all honestly... Somehow I'm looking for 2+2 to equal 5 from WWE creative like everyone else but it's not mathematically possible. And I can't accept it.

Hey, I'm being honest.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
All I'm saying is, they should've focused on the match, but instead they were mocking the title. Stuff like that hurts the match.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Yeah...if I was there I probably would have joined the chants....I would have been ashamed...but I would have joined in.

Honestly I would have preferred, if they wanted the red strap for Raw, have a black backing for the belt similar to the Women's title's red backing, and maybe even add a golden globe design in the background to make it DIFFERENT from the two titles, while keeping the same "universal design" (inadvertent pun) they want.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
I would've done it too, it's the company's fault not crowds. The crowd was giving them a hard time for making a stupid title like that, I lost 80% of my interest in the match once I saw the title. It will look even more terrible once Seth wins it next week(my guess), red looks terrible on him.
Plus they chanted ''DELETE'' so.....

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The crowd sucked. They sucked for Sasha and Charlotte too, they only woke up for Cena/Styles and to chant at the title.
Yeah, WWE should have paid more attention to card structure when it comes to reactions (and also not had a 6 hour show following NXT)
Probably the biggest issue with it was how much WWE PPV's don't feel like big events. When you get a ticket to Takeover, the atmosphere/crowd chants/being rowdy and noisy is a big part of why you go. It's a selling point and an attraction that WWE has built into the NXT audience. Look at Summerslam last year, it's unavoidable. There's none of that with the main roster PPV's and the difference is alarming.

(there's also the issue of us still only having an emotional investment in Cena in 2016...)

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Maybe having your show be SIX HOURS LONG causes your crowd to get extra mad over certain things, the Universal Championship being unveiled was just that final push that caused fans to absolutely trash the show. There were plenty of things for them to get mad about, Sasha losing, Enzo and Cast losing in their hometown, Ambrose/Ziggler being "boring" but the Universal Championship being a fucking red velvet cake was the thing that finally bothered fans enough to the point they pretty much ruined a good match because of the shit show they were forced to watch.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Wrestling fans are trash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
If I had to sit through 6 hours of a show, that's action died down, just when the interesting matches started, then, yeah, I would've done the same.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
:rollins3:
tumblr_occoaxrBGN1r2zt15o1_500.gif

tumblr_occoaxrBGN1r2zt15o2_500.gif

Reaction score
Maybe having your show be SIX HOURS LONG causes your crowd to get extra mad over certain things, the Universal Championship being unveiled was just that final push that caused fans to absolutely trash the show. There were plenty of things for them to get mad about, Sasha losing, Enzo and Cast losing in their hometown, Ambrose/Ziggler being "boring" but the Universal Championship being a fucking red velvet cake was the thing that finally bothered fans enough to the point they pretty much ruined a good match because of the shit show they were forced to watch.
Good point!