Thoughts on rey mysterio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Its fairly obvious that many people dont like Rey Mysterio due to his title reign. However, it has also come to my attention that many people never liked him before his championship. Rey Mysterio is one of my favorite professional wrestlers, and here are my opinions on him:

Point 1: It is not Rey's fault that his championship revolved around Eddie's death. From what I've read, Mysterio never suggested the storyline to Mr. McMahon, so why do you take it out on him? Did you expect Rey to refuse the title reign? This complaint should have been taken out on Vince McMahon, not Rey.
Point 2: Rey Mysterio has led a new audience into Professional Wrestling. The first professional wrestling match I ever watched was of Rey Mysterio. About halfway through the match I had decided that I loved it, and I was going to watch it from then on. If it werent for Rey, I am certain that I would have seen it as 'A bunch of guys in tights that are fake-fighting' and would never have thought twice about the business. Rey Mysterio has not only brought in kids (his main fan-base) but adults as well, who have always been against professional wrestling.
Point 3: Rey Mysterio is an EXTREMELY talented individual. I have never seen anyone in my life that is as good at what he does than Rey Mysterio (Begin here, TNA marks). Rey Mysterio is simply amazing. You can say "The people on the receiving end are doing most of the work," or "He's just an overly-hyped spot monkey" but at the end of the day, he's one of the hardest working athletes in the wwe, if not in all of professional wrestling.
Point 4: Rey Mysterio created a new standard for the word 'CruiserWeight'. This can be debated, but imo Rey Mysterio gave new life to a division that was dead. Whether he is competing for the CW championship or not, Rey will always be a Cruiserweight. Imo, lightweights that use the same tactics as their heavyweight counterparts (Gregory Helms) are a disgrace to the division. Divisions are all about using your differences to your advantage, and Rey did just that. He is the definition of a Cruiserweight, and will be thought of as that for many years to come.

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
i love seeing rey in the ring, alot of matches ill come on the computer and just listen to the tv but i like sitting down and watching a mysterio match

Dylan for mod spot! Dylan for mod spot!! Dylan for mod spot!!! lol..... i guess?

KENNEDY412

Reaction score
I also love rey mysterio he puts on great matches and his moves are amazing. I also totally agree with you about the gregory helms thing. I hate seeing cruiserweights that put holds on for hours and do the same thing heavyweights do. Crusierweight action is suppose to be high flying and fun to watch and that is exactly what rey is.

the dark knight

im not gonna read anything, just post my opinion.

plain and simple, the guy is talented. always enjoyed his matches. he was cool when he was edge's tag partner and even better when he was a CW champ. BUT, he is a disgrace on the WHC. its a joke, WWE championship can look ok but WHC = anyone who's big enough, have the charisma and mic skills, looks like a guy that can beat others. none of these consist with mysterio.

giving him another WHC shot will completely ruin the WWE to me...

Reaction score
Honestly, I liked him more in his WCW/early WWE days. But to be fair, I don't watch WWE PPV's anymore so I probably havn't seen his best recent stuff. I always thought he was an extremely talented high flyer though.

Reaction score
This is just my opinion:

Rey has an unbelievable amount of talent. he put on one of the best matches in ECW, and he uses his size to his advantage, in spite of it generally being a disadvantage.

because of his size though he isn't heavyweight champion material. WWE were wrong in giving him the belt. when he returns i hope him and chavo feud over the cruiserweight championship

straight_edge76

I gotta agree I love Rey's in ring work But Giving him the WHC was a mistake, I mean the belt went all the way uo to his chest lol

After he returns he should feud with Chavo for the CW belt, give the title some credibility once again

MikeRaw

Rey is probably the top cruiserweight today.......Possibly ever...What shocks me is hes been around so long but hes still young(30 or 31).The WHC thing wasnt that bad because IMO it was just a nice little thing that didnt last too long.WWE Title would have been better but o well...When Rey coems back he is gonna kick ass:)

DcDudley

Reaction score
I dont have anything against Rey holding the whc, it was fun and produced some good matches.
What I would really love to see is another Rey mysterio vs Psicosis.

Reaction score
I want to see him have another WHC reign, he is one of my favorites. Not to mention he deserves it.

Then, when more main-eventers start coming back, he could stay up or come wrestle for the Cruiserweight Championship. God knows that belt needs some prestige.

Reinvented

Reaction score
I like Rey from AAA and then WCW with the whole Latino World Order and the Flithy Animals.

I don't like the WWE Rey simple reason WWE puts the shackles on there wrestlers how could they have had Billy Kidman and not have him do the Shooting Star Press also Rey himself no more Frankenstiener from the turnbuckle.

WWE especialy put shackles on Wrestlers not breed in the WWE like Booker T and RVD I want to see what they do with Teddy Hart he is to extreme for T.V better then Hardy and Punk.