Thoughts on Kairi Sane?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I don't mean to come off as this sounding bad, but.. I really like Kairi Sane. She has incredible talent, and I feel like she's much better than what the WWE writers are allowing her to do.. And I feel that this is because recently, a lot of Japanese stars have broke out and have been pushed heavily.. Among these are the likes of Asuka, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Hideo Itami. Personally love all the new culture coming into WWE, and all the Japanese stars are super talented.

My one and only question is: Are they going to purposely keep her low to mid card so people don't feel like she's following in the footsteps of Asuka?

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
My one and only question is: Are they going to purposely keep her low to mid card so people don't feel like she's following in the footsteps of Asuka?
Hopefully not because that would be dumb as both women are highly talented and deserve to be in the upper card. Plus, Kairi has a little bit more of theatrics in her style of wrestling then Asuka which is great. I just don't want her to get wasted by WWE if anything.

As for my thoughts on her, I love her. I watched her over in Japan, and she is a great talent. They even kept her gimmick kind of from Japan, which is pretty cool as well. She could be the next break out star on the main roster and maybe one day we can have Asuka vs Kairi.

Also, you forgot about Akira Tozawa in your list.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Hopefully not because that would be dumb as both women are highly talented and deserve to be in the upper card. Plus, Kairi has a little bit more of theatrics in her style of wrestling then Asuka which is great. I just don't want her to get wasted by WWE if anything.

As for my thoughts on her, I love her. I watched her over in Japan, and she is a great talent. They even kept her gimmick kind of from Japan, which is pretty cool as well. She could be the next break out star on the main roster and maybe one day we can have Asuka vs Kairi.

Also, you forgot about Akira Tozawa in your list.
AH AH AH AH..... I mean, Ah yeah, I did forget about Akira Tozawa @Seth
:bitw:

• Haha

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
AH AH AH AH..... I mean, Ah yeah, I did forget about Akira Tozawa @Seth
:bitw:
I mean him and Hideo have been having pretty good matches on 205 against Lucha Houseparty, to be honest. How did you miss him?

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I mean him and Hideo have been having pretty good matches on 205 against Lucha Houseparty, to be honest. How did you miss him?
I honestly have no idea haha. I love his segments though on 205 Live... He always tells everyone that, when he accomplishes something, "YOU'RE FIRED!" then gives a big smile. I fucking love it XD

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea haha. I love his segments though on 205 Live... He always tells everyone that, when he accomplishes something, "YOU'RE FIRED!" then gives a big smile. I fucking love it XD
I love it as well. I know it is silly, but I can't help to love it. I am also glad someone else watches 205, lol.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I love it as well. I know it is silly, but I can't help to love it. I am also glad someone else watches 205, lol.
I watch it every week. They need to make 205 Live and NXT 2 hours. 1 hour just isn't enough. Especially for NXT. NXT is wayyyyyyyy better than RAW or SmackDown by far. 205 Live is cool because I love high flying so much! Fuck Drew's idea "for a better 205 Live" lol. High flying is the best part.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I watch it every week. They need to make 205 Live and NXT 2 hours. 1 hour just isn't enough. Especially for NXT. NXT is wayyyyyyyy better than RAW or SmackDown by far. 205 Live is cool because I love high flying so much! Fuck Drew's idea "for a better 205 Live" lol. High flying is the best part.
I agree with this 100%. Also, I don´t care for the high flying as much as the talent and wrestling on 205.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I agree with this 100%. Also, I don´t care for the high flying as much as the talent and wrestling on 205.
Yeah, 205 Live has a lot of talent.. It sucks because, my favorite wrestler currently, (Johnny Gargano), is under 205... So, once they move him from NXT, he'll end up going to 205 Live and not the main brand. I'd love to see him become IC champ or US champ. Possibly even WWE Champ, but he is a small guy, so idk how WWE will write him.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah, 205 Live has a lot of talent.. It sucks because, my favorite wrestler currently, (Johnny Gargano), is under 205... So, once they move him from NXT, he'll end up going to 205 Live and not the main brand. I'd love to see him become IC champ or US champ. Possibly even WWE Champ, but he is a small guy, so idk how WWE will write him.
Really? Is Johnny under 205? Why? After he leaves from NXT he should go to the main roster and either go for the US Champion or Intercontinental Champion and then go for the WWE Champ because the guy is one of two actual babyfaces in WWE currently that people love.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Really? Is Johnny under 205? Why? After he leaves from NXT he should go to the main roster and either go for the US Champion or Intercontinental Champion and then go for the WWE Champ because the guy is one of two actual babyfaces in WWE currently that people love.
Yeah, his billed weight is 199 pounds.. If he *does* go to the main brand, they'll probably alter his build weight on Google and everything else, just to make it look like he's over the 205 pound weight limit. I do believe every male superstar under 205 goes to 205 live.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah, his billed weight is 199 pounds.. If he *does* go to the main brand, they'll probably alter his build weight on Google and everything else, just to make it look like he's over the 205 pound weight limit. I do believe every male superstar under 205 goes to 205 live.
That is dumb as hell.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
That is dumb as hell.
I agree, but with the way WWE is now... All the small people would get wasted and not used if they were on the main brand. I'm actually surprised that Drew Gulack and Tony Neese participated in the 50 man GRR.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I agree, but with the way WWE is now... All the small people would get wasted and not used if they were on the main brand. I'm actually surprised that Drew Gulack and Tony Neese participated in the 50 man GRR.
That is so true, amigo.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a shame that anyone who matches the weight limit is seemingly forced onto 205 Live but I think it's possible Johnny Gargano is a big enough name in 205 Live to warrant a main roster. Granted, I don't really watch 205 Live, and kinda just have a cursory understanding of the storylines but as far as I'm aware, nobody called up under the weight limit has been treated like Gargano. I know Itami's been a failed number one contender for the NXT Championship before but Gargano, without a title, main event like the biggest TakeOver of the year in a nigh forty minute match. From my view, they seemingly treat him on a higher pedestal. Which of course as I say this, means they very well might consider him a necessary talent for 205 Live if they want to try and make that show as successful as possible, and Triple H runs both now now doesn't he? So he might try and keep him under his control. Which on that note, him going to 205 Live could be a good thing for him. No way he won't be leading the division for a good while.

But man, am I just glad there's no 205 Live for the women's. Because the only person in NXT who I really make sure to watch is Kairi Sane, and it suck if she was called up to 205 Live. Sorry guys, but I'm going to take this thread off topic and talk about Kairi Sane for awhile.

I love Kairi Sane. No wrestler has ever made a better first impression on me then her. Like, when I first saw her wrestle that match with Tessa Blanchard in the Mae Young Classic, I marked out for practically all of Kairi's offense. Then when I tried to go to sleep after watching the MYC, I couldn't because my heart was still pounding. And it was really nice to finally have a reason for why I couldn't fall asleep for once. Second only to Asuka for me when it comes to women wrestlers.

As for the one and only question, I doubt it. If they are, that's really stupid. I'm pretty sure the reason she didn't win the title in the fatal four way was because they had originally penned in Ember to win it anyway. Granted this is just speculation on my part but you can't convince me that with wrestling flexible nature that Asuka was always planned to go over at Brooklyn, I think they just ultimately decided to bank on The Streak than letting Ember win it there. So when it came time to crown a new one, they let Ember have it (and they kept Kairi protected during the finish). And WWE always loved Shayna Baszler so she was always going to be the next one for the title. I recall reading that the reason Kairi won the MYC was because Shayna hadn't signed at the time, same reason they stopped teasing that Four Horsewoman tag match (both of these were Vince's decision, if the reports true, these are both two of my favorite Vince calls in forever). Assuming that's true, it's not a surprise she'd be pushed to the top of the division. They situated Kairi into the feud too, though I think she lost to Baszler way too easily in there TV match, you do only have an hour of run-time on NXT. I wouldn't be surprised if Kairi Sane is the next NXT Women's Champion honestly. She has a history with Baszler that's unique, she played a role in the title picture, and she was the dark opener match for TakeOver: New Orleans according to the tweets I saw. And she does seem to get featured on NXT TV a decent amount, again I kinda just watch her segments so I don't know how frequently she's featured relative to the rest of the roster. But I feel like it's more than say Bianca Belair or Rhea Ripley. It might not be, I might be too biased towards Kairi to notice (though Bianca & Ripley were two other standouts, Bianca especially) but I'm still confident she'll find success at the top of the card.

Reactions: Grievous 3D