This is why we need a schedule

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Write for your own characters?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
I have received no booking information and we're 2 days away from the show. People need time to put up some good writing.

Added in a poll tell us what you want and we'll see what's happening.

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
What the hell are you saying? You're not even in the creative team?

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Zamorakian said:
What the hell are you saying? You're not even in the creative eam?

I'll soften the blow a bit, I'm not in a raging mood today.

Ryo Akita is scheduled in a match on Wednesday.

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Adam said:
I'll soften the blow a bit, I'm not in a raging mood today.

Ryo Akita is scheduled in a match on Wednesday.

Come Wednesday you'll see that, so what's the problem?

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Zamorakian said:
Come Wednesday you'll see that, so what's the problem?

Have I completely missed the mark here? Is someone writing my characters matches and promos and shit?

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Adam said:
Have I completely missed the mark here? Is someone writing my characters matches and promos and shit?

It's all happening behind the scenes, you cannot see it because you're not part of the creative team, don't worry come Wednesday you'll see the full product.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
So I've completely got the wrong end of the stick. I'm new to this shit.

I thought that whoever created the characters, wrote for that character. That makes sense in my head. So I've created a character for someone else to write for and have no other involvement what so ever?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Adam said:
So I've completely got the wrong end of the stick. I'm new to this shit.

I thought that whoever created the characters, wrote for that character. That makes sense in my head. So I've created a character for someone else to write for and have no other involvement what so ever?

The problem with that idea is people like Sackfist have written multiple characters, not to mention some people struggle with writing a segment. It's best to speak to Jonathan as he's in control of this fed as the head booker if you want it changing.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Don't worry, if you dislike the segments you can always provide sample promos to the writers. No promo is going to be perfect because no one knows the character like you, but it's a burden if we have to rely on users who aren't in the creative team. It could mess up a whole show for example.

Also, promos won't be on every show so there's no need to worry :).

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
seabs said:
The problem with that idea is people like Sackfist have written multiple characters, not to mention some people struggle with writing a segment. It's best to speak to Jonathan as he's in control of this fed as the head booker if you want it changing.

I just thought that was the way it went, it makes sense. Create the character, write the promos/matches using the bookers' ideas sent to you. Control your career and you progress with how well you write (impressive/entertaining writing moves you up).

That's what confused me as to why there are writers. It's pretty boring though, I've created a character and have absolutely no control over him, what is said/done/written/moves/anything.

I'm new to e-fedding but it just seems a waste of time because the only people that are really involved are the creative team.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
We could perhaps add an option where if your character is making a promo on the show, one of the team can PM you about the segment and you'll write a promo. If you don't reply one will get written for you.

That sound better?

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
It's nothing to do with me, I just got the wrong end of the stick for e-feds.

I thought it was involvement within the community, that's why I was super pumped for it. I don't really want to sit back and read someone else writing for my character. Seems a waste of time.

Oh well, e-fedding isn't for me!

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Crayo said:
We could perhaps add an option where if your character is making a promo on the show, one of the team can PM you about the segment and you'll write a promo. If you don't reply one will get written for you.

That sound better?

Yes this should happen!

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Still not what I thought e-fedding was.

I thought we write our own matches, promos and segments so there's contrasting writing styles throughout the federation instead of the same 4 writers.

No, or very little control over characters.