Things You Wanted As A Kid But Never Got

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pete

Reaction score
What were some of the things you REALLY wanted as a kid, but never got?

I could say I was pretty spoiled. My parents would get expensive gifts for me at Christmas or on my birthday. However, there were some rules, and I knew better than to ask for certain things. For instance, when I asked for a bicycle, a skateboard, and a puppy, I got them. But there was no use in asking for videogame consoles (my Mum was firmly against them, unless purchased with my own money) and huge playsets. Every year I'd mark them out in the toy catalogue, just to test the waters, but I knew I was never getting them.

So here are some of the things I wanted, but never got:

- Sega Mega Drive/Genesis
- Sony Playstation 1 (wanted DESPERATELY. Saved up for MONTHS. When I went to buy it, it had gone up in price again, so I just said "fuck it" and bought a Game Boy and half a VCR, with my Mum chipping in with the other half).
- Any huge action-figure playset. Star Wars, GI Joe, Action Man, you name it. If it wasn't Lego, I wasn't getting it. And even from Lego, the only one I ever got was the castle (which was fucking awesome). Of course, this was due to them being insanely expensive.
- A canary. My mum thinks birds are more trouble than they're worth. I did have numerous other pets, though.
- Chipmunks. My friend was giving me a couple, but my Mum said no at the last minute. The following week, my friend went from having two chipmunks to having two dozen chipmunks, and I knew why he was in such a hurry to give them to me :lmao
- A playhouse. But we didn't have a backyard, so whatever.
- Tamagotchi. Here, the story is a little different. My parents DID get me one (having been in line for hours), but I was an ungrateful little brat, so they took it back to Toys R Us, and I never got another one. Served me right.
- One of those books you had customised so that you were the hero of the story. Did you guys have those? Basically it was a standard story template, but you'd have the company print it with your name as the hero's name.

Other than that, like I said, I was pretty spoiled :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
When it comes to material stuff, my family was pretty extravagant specifically when it comes to spending on children, so yes..I was pretty pampered myself too..got everything I wanted, comic books, toys..the new PlayStation, an expensive bicycle (it's still lying around someplace, lol) I guess this doesn't really count as a "thing" but I didn't have any stable friendships till my early teens. (I kept switching for some reason, didn't know who I fit in with)

Stuff I wanted that I didn't get:-

I initially asked for a Mac when I got my first computer, I got a windows PC instead, something I'm thankful for to this day.

My mid teenage years I wanted a ridiculously expensive smartphone, got a less expensive MP3 player phone instead, again, thankful, I'm probably one of the most careless human beings when it comes to keeping stuff safe...

A dog, my family hates animals (The idea of having them inside a home, not animals in general) They just took me to the zoo and a local reptile park when I was persistent.

Oh my god....I am spoiled..almost all of the things that "I didn't get" were more of an alternative than a denial of the object itself.

I don't know what I was thinking, but for some reason I spent a shitload of money on firecrackers. And what a waste of money that was.

Last edited:

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I always wanted a dog. I ask for one for Christmas and my mom trolled me and bought me a little furry dog toy, lol.

Another thing was Playstation. When I was little kid, I was doing really well in school (Hell, I'm doing well right now, I had straight A's.) and my mom thought that if she'd buy me playstation, I would become washed up idiot and the only thing I would do is play games on PS.

Reactions: 1 person

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
^ Lisa Simpson.

As a kid, I had a lot but I must say the one thing I wanted most was to move schools and never got that :/

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Let's see there were some strange things I wanted.

in 3rd grade I wanted an A in my Language Arts class but got a very high B. Teacher wouldn't convert it to an A... wound up getting straight A's the rest of that year but because of that B I didn't get what the other kids that got straight A's got that year and I was pissed cause they got a nice plaque and everything. So I was like aight so 4th grade I made sure to get straight A's the entire year... got some sorry little plaque for it... I was like dang this sucks. I wanted to skip a grade but was denied, wanted to be in gifted but missed that by a few points.

As a kid I wanted the Megazord but never got all the pieces for it... but I did wind up with the green ranger. I also wanted all the ninja turtles but I think I wound up with all of them except one. I also wanted the turtle van since I had the sewer system and technodrome... yeah never got the van. Ah well... good times.

Pete

Reaction score
See, the Megazord would be one of those "no use even thinking about it" toys for me. I did have a White Ranger action figure, and a larger Red Ranger figure, with kicking action. His leg ended up twisted the wrong way so he would kick backwards :lmao

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I had a giant green ranger that I had fight against the giant Destro and the giant Krang. :D

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
I had all of the 4 Ninja Turtles! They were awesome. I remember desperately trying to share pizza with them, but my mom always tried to stop me, because I could get dirt on my pizza.

But, the things I wanted but never got.

Here's one of the recent things; XBOX 360. I wanted one for Christmas.. I dunno.. three years ago, but my dad bought me some badass NBA jerseys of my favorite players. They were awesome, and I was truly happy, I still wear them when I go play basketball, but still.. it wasn't the XBOX lol. It's not like I never had a gaming console, I had a PSP I sold over a year ago, I had a NDS I lost at the swimming pool - what a bad decision, I'd play the new pokemon all day lol and when I used to be younger, I had a GameBoy AND a PS1, but, as ridiculously as it sounds, my TV fell on it and squashed it. Still have traumas from it though.

The other thing I always wanted was a parrot, but also never got one. I have a giant golden retriever, he's a good buddy, so I'm happy that I have him.

DBZ Action Figures. I wanted all of the Z Fighters, but I wound up having only Goku, Vegeta and Teen Gohan. And I once saw a commercial that showed a totally badass Frieza action figure, but I never saw it again. Mom promised me she'd buy me it once we find it somewhere, but we never found it. Yeah.

The Yu-Gi-Oh battledisc, or whatever was it called. The white thing. I was a huge YuGiOh fan as a kid, so I remember wanting it, since one of my friends had it and it was just something I really wanted.

A Poké Ball! Well, I got one in the end with a Shiny Charizard card. But I always thought that there's no way that there wasn't.. you know.. a Pokéball with a Pokémon toy in it.

Just some of the things. And as you may have noticed, I loved anime since I was a kid.

Pete

Reaction score
Your action figure story reminds me of when I went to go see Batman Forever (yes, I'm old). After the movie, all I wanted was a Riddler action figure. But when we went to Toys 'R' Us, guess which figure they were out of? I was gutted. I got an Armoured Batman and a Two-Face in the end, but it was still disappointing. Some days later, when we went back, they were freshly stocked with Riddlers again, and I DID try, but my Mum said "no, you already have your two figures, you're not getting another one". So I never got my Riddler :(

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I feel very spoiled to this day because I am spoiled. That's not to say that I'm not appreciative of everything I get because I generally do get everything I want. For example at Christmas, my mom always buys me and my brother something expensive from "Santa". I'm 21 and I still get these presents. Last year I didn't ask for anything big because I didn't really want anything. I got an IPad 2. So did my brother. That's in addition to everything else they gave me. I've had 3 red ringed Xbox's and my parents just always bought me a new one. I have a Dragonzord with a sword that Tommy uses to play the song to call said Dragonzord.

The only thing I remember not getting was my keyboard because my parents thought I wouldn't use it after a couple of weeks. I bought it myself and they were right although I am trying to get back into it. Also a kinect but those things are fairly recent.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Atari Jaguar. Thank god I didn't get it.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
The Yu-Gi-Oh battledisc, or whatever was it called. The white thing. I was a huge YuGiOh fan as a kid, so I remember wanting it, since one of my friends had it and it was just something I really wanted..

I was a big fan of yogioh when i was a kid . Loved that shit alot , also bought alot of cards and played for hours with my friends . As for topic , with having a really bad memory , i cant really remember but one thing is for sure i wasn't spolied like most of you :danielson: . Well i spent most of my childhood playing cricket , swimming , having karate classes , wasnt really a fan of PS or Xbox untill i was 15 . SO yeah i didnt really had many demands so i got everything i wanted .

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
When i was a kid i always wanted the power ranger helmet. I also wanted the 3 pack 1998 Cactus Jack, Kane, Austin set

EDIT, I found the video

[video=youtube;HYoAAAp26_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYoAAAp26_0[/video]

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
A Poké Ball! Well, I got one in the end with a Shiny Charizard card. But I always thought that there's no way that there wasn't.. you know.. a Pokéball with a Pokémon toy in it.

I still have one to this very day. 8D