• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Things TNA Must Do Better

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
We have looked at some of the improvements TNA have made in recent months, but what else do they need to focus on to improve their product?

My suggestions:

1. Write better storylines/feuds/characters to sell the PPV's. At the moment a ever improving roster of in ring talent are being given more opperuntiy to shine in the matches, but fans still
need compelling feuds and interesting characters to encourege them to watch the big matches. The horrible soap opera storyline involving Styles, Dixie and Daniels is a prime example. It is the
sort of crap which long suffering TNA fans don't want to see anymore and which even casual fans are not going to pay to see, why would they when they can see it elsewhere and better
done on those shows called soap operas! Simply put people don't tune in to see that on Pro Wrestling.

2. Promote the product stronger, give the impression that each show is worth while. Once again last night I was watching a TNA event without the sense that it was really anything special or
history making. Altrough the annonce team of Mike Tenay and Jeremy Boash did a solid job calling the show there was a lack of passion from them throughout. For years now TNA outside of one or two
prime events have struggled to put time and effort behind promoting their Pay Per Views. Too often it feels like Impact is far more important than the big shows.

3. Cut down on the washed up or medicore ex-WWE guys. A core of expereince talent with name value is good to have, Kurt Angle being a prime example the guy still delivers consistantly in the ring is over with the crowd and is able and willing put younger talent over. But there are too many of them being paid far too much money and not producing good enough results. Also it wasn't
them that TNA built itself on origainal it was the X-Diversion and fresh talent like AJ Styles, AMW, Christopher Daniels, Amazing Red, Bobby Roode etc. Its time for them to get back to basics
and start creating the stars of tomorrow.

4. Either start charging fans to get into the Impact Zone or move away from the Impact Zone. They are running a business after all and throwing away millions each week just isn't smart. There
are a core of loyal hardcore fans who I am sure would be willing to pay as long as the price was reasonable and as long as the product goes on getting better.

5. Cut down the Pay Per Views to five or six a year. No explaination needed here, with even the biggest TNA events of the year drawing poorly on ppv it simply has to be done. Less is more is so often the way.