Thiago Alves Vs Matt Brown to headline first UFC on Fox Sports card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
fightline.com said:
Matt Brown and Thiago Alves have verbally agreed to fight on the inaugural FOX Sports 1 card, reports MMA Fighting. The welterweights are the only confirmed bout on the new FOX channel. It's location on the card isn't clear.

Brown has five straight wins, with four being in 2012. Only once were the judges needed.

Alves last fought in March 2012 when he lost a third round submission to Martin Kampmann. He's since undergone several surgeries due to a torn pectoral muscle and then an injured PCL and ACL.

The first UFC show on FOX Sports 1 is August 17 from the TD Garden in Boston, MA.

Now if anyone saw Matt Brown's latest fight, than they know that this one is gonna be an absolute war. Plus it's good to see Thiago back in the UFC, I wondered where the hell he went so.. Joe Silva (where ever you are) thank you for making this awesome fight!

Hate

Reaction score
I think Brown takes it, should be a war.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Matt Brown has a real mauling style, a "technical brawler" so to speak but mostly a brawler. His last fight against Jordan Mein was a prime example, and in the past, we've seen Thiago really adjust well to that (the Josh Koscheck and John Howard fights are prime examples). The only people who have a real forward style so to speak that have given Thiago problems are Georges St-Pierre and Jon Fitch and unfortunately Matt Brown is not on that level. Experience really has nothing to do with this one seeing as they both have had just as many fights. But at the same time, Thiago doesn't really posses the style on paper to defeat Matt Brown so really it's a toss up.

On paper, I say Thiago takes home the unanimous decision. But of course, it's a fight... anything can happen and considering the roll Matt Brown's been on and the work that I've seen him off of his back; I'm definitely not counting him out of this one, and he may very well catch Thiago in a submission if he's not careful.