There will never be another boom period.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jabroni900

Reaction score
I dont think there will be another boom period.

The WWE is finding ANY way possible to suck money out of people because they know there product isn't anywhere near as good as it once was. They know their headliners are actually drawing more fans AWAY then to it. They expand brands, sell more DVD's of you guessed it....Wrestling's "Glorified Past", add more PPV's and even raise the prices higher. They add WWE 24/7 because they know more people would rather watch the old stuff than today's.

The wrestling industry no longer revolves around ratings, I dont think there will never be another boom period, plus the WWE doesn't seem interested in sparking the imaginaton anymore, why should they? they bought the competition, I believe society in general isn't as interested in TV and Wrestling as they were 10 years ago.

Reaction score
the main problem is that they can't find the one performer who sparks the imagination and carries the industry on his shoulders [rock,austin,hogan].they tried to hype the return of jericho as the saviour of wwe in the hope that he'll reach the rock/hogan popularity but it all went wrong.cena is decent but he ain't as entertaining as rock/austin/hogan.a mini boom period can happen if they find new and right talents.

MikeRaw

I have to disagree. I agree that for the time bring WWE will only grow in small amounts. They wont shoot up and become a huge thing outside of wrestling fans and they wont be back to the product that made them so huge back in the late 90s.
But to say there'll never be another boom period again? That I disagree with. For fun I checked out the list of rating since 1995 for Raw. And from 1995 til 1997, they were constantly doing 2.1's.... Thats mch worse that it is now. Then, beginning in mid 1998, it started climbing to 4.5's for a few months, and then out of nowhere, it jumped to 6.3, which is huge, and it stayed between 5 and 6 for about years, until 2003 (except for holiday episodes, which rating 1ere down for, for obvious reasons) Then, WWE exited that boom period because so many stars left. And they began doing around 4.0's. Now, even today they are around a 4.0 range. As of late theyve been about 3.8, but thats due to alot of things. With a bit of work WWE can go back up to 4.0 (which isnt far off) and that is a very good number for a wrestling show.
So if they get to 4/0 in the ratings, that definately wont be a boom, but it shows their on the ring track with a couple hundred thousand fans coming back.
But anyways, just thought Id show how a boom period happens so quickly...
But its obvious as of now, WWE doesnt have the tools to have a boom period like the late 90s... But to say never is stupid. I can almost gurantee within the next 8 years there'll be another boom. Its just like everyting where it goes in cycles.

the dark knight

welcome back Mr. Nostalgic

anyway, its clear that they're aiming for money more than ratings. but if no one's watching, who are they promoting their merch for? and wouldn't the network be pissed off at low ratings?

MikeRaw

welcome back Mr. Nostalgic

anyway, its clear that they're aiming for money more than ratings. but if no one's watching, who are they promoting their merch for? and wouldn't the network be pissed off at low ratings?

Ya, but the rating arent that bad rigght now. Averaging 3.7 on your A Show certainly isnt great, but its not bad. As I said in my other posts, look at some of the rating from 1995-1998, they were so bad for WWF its almost comical...
And again, its a little much to say never, because the world goes on for a long time and as I said in my other post, Its logi that thered be a boom sometime in the next 15 years or so.

Evil Austin

THE WWE WILL BE LIKE THIS UNTIL TNA UPS ITS GAME TO BE AS GOOD AS IT.

I mean when there was the monday night warz wcw vs wwe , Vince had no choice but to make the attitude era and he had to make it as best as it is, no more need to explain what was it but the next time he worries about ratings is the next time he has to when there is some competition to beat. plain and simple vince will only up his game when he is forced to,

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
Competition may drive people to do better, but Vince had no competition in the eighties. As people have said, it goes in cycles. What they need to get back on top in focus on one feud that can speak to people, on one character that people can relate to and support it with a good under card. Stone Cold vs. McMahon was basically a disgruntled employee fighting against his evil boss, people can relate to that. It's hard to relate to Cena imo because not many people are like his character, and more importantly, I don't think he is really.

Reaction score
I think there biggest problem is, they need a good storyline to hook the fans kinda like the N.W.O time period it was revolutionary!