Theory: Triple H & Stephanie McMahon played politics and got Chris Kreski demoted & Chyna fired

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh and keep it civil in here.

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Someone reported?

giphy.gif

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Did he report - because I called him a tool?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Since you made me look, I originally was only talking about behind the scenes stuff. The direction of the company etc. Booking matters.

Anyways, I'm done here hopefully.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Thanks for reporting and not making it worse. We appreciate you listening. :drose

Even if I'm irritated with you in the discussion. :slip:

So please keep it civil in here, everyone.

Reactions: RLStern

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Did he report - because I called him a tool?

giphy.gif

ceb7af6510aad386bc66e88b30220fe0.gif

Since you made me look, I originally was only talking about behind the scenes stuff. The direction of the company etc. Booking matters.

Anyways, I'm done here hopefully.

No one was talking about booking, you said she was exclusive in 2000, that’s technically false, she officially became exclusive in January 2001.

If you said the writers planned to make her exclusive in 2000 I would’ve agreed but you didn’t say that, you therefore made a technically wrong statement when you said she became officially exclusive in 2000. That happened in January 2001.

Refuted, wish you would’ve admitted to the mistake.

giphy.gif

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Thanks for reporting and not making it worse. We appreciate you listening. :drose

Even if I'm irritated with you in the discussion. :slip:

So please keep it civil in here, everyone.

She insults me, I don’t insult back. If she insults I’ll just report, wish she would be friendly, very hostile.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yes, I was clearly talking about the change in direction behind the scenes. And then I said they made her exclusive by the end of 2000. They did.

I didn't use the word official until you mentioned the Val Venis match and I saw her first women's match was in December the next night.

I honestly don't care if you agree about the word official or not. My point was the decision was made behind the scenes in 2000 to change the direction of the company away from the more risky stuff and that included Chyna wrestling men. She'd wrestle her last male opponent in 2000.

That's all I care about. I don't care about any semantics you're trying to use to change the point. The point was she was moved to women. So her value in 2001, which we were talking about the whole time, wasn't the same because she'd never wrestle men again in 2001. WWE didn't want it.

Whether it was December or January is irrelevant in the scheme of what I was talking about originally. The direction had changed backstage.

Can we agree to disagree here because December or January ultimately changes absolutely nothing about this topic and the rest we can't agree on, either?

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
So her value in 2001, which we were talking about the whole time, wasn't the same because she'd never wrestle men again in 2001

Her value was beyond that of the entire women’s division and men’s divisions other than Rock, she was their 2nd biggest draw and therefore 2nd biggest value.

If she had no value to the WWF then neither did Austin, Trish, Lita, the entire men’s and women’s division other the Rock since she was the 2nd biggest ratings and mainstream draw.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Her value was beyond that of the entire women’s division and men’s divisions other than Rock, she was their 2nd biggest draw and therefore 2nd biggest value.

If she had no value to the WWF then neither did Austin, Trish, Lita, the entire men’s and women’s division other the Rock since she was the 2nd biggest ratings and mainstream draw.
Austin could wrestle the other men and Lita/Trish could wrestle the other women.

Chyna was stuck being expected to wrestle men, but could now only wrestle women who the fans could not be made to buy into credible threats.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

If it makes you feel any better, I'd have found a way keep her wrestling men.

But like you pointed out earlier, Vince got seduced by sponsors and network notes.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Austin could wrestle the other men and Lita/Trish could wrestle the other women.

Chyna was stuck being expected to wrestle men, but could now only wrestle women who the fans could not be made to buy into credible threats.

Chyna was going to wrestle more in the women’s division. She only squashed a select few who weren't doing anything anyways. The Lita feud was to span multiple PPV’s in order to get her over and other women by virtue then you had Invasion coming. they had plenty for her to do. Instead she never got to work the stories she was going to work with the other girls due to the backstage stuff with Triple H.

Once Triple H and Stephanie got rid of her the women’s division was dead until Survivor Series.

Also sponsors has nothing to do with it, Chyna was wrestling men long after the PTC issue and women were still getting their ass beat by men for years after.

What the sponsors stopped was the stuff of sexual nature, they never complained about Chyna wrestling men and continued having women/men violence.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Also sponsors has nothing to do with it, Chyna was wrestling men long after the PTC issue and women were still getting their ass beat by men for years after.

What the sponsors stopped was the stuff of sexual nature, they never complained about Chyna wrestling men and continued having women/men violence.
Most network standards and practices are against this kind of thing. There's a reason only smaller indies do intergender matches.

They were slower to phase her into the women's division, but it still came with the change and they used the same RTC/PTC mock group to do it. WWE is fine pushing the envelope here and there, but it's easier asking for permission for Austin being a heel and attacking Lita than having men and women wrestle on a weekly basis. Trust and believe WWE getting letters weekly about their content from both sponsors and UPN.

This was RTC's sole purpose was to clean up the image without the fans turning on the change. That's the reason RTC eventual set their sets on Chyna in December into Mania season. They once again decided to make a shift in direction and needed this heel group to play the catalyst.

appears the injury angle for Chyna may be along the lines of a storyline reason to keep Chyna from wrestling men and have her wrestle women and vie for the womens title
Actual report from uncle Dave at the time explaining why this match and feud was taking place.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The Lita feud was to span multiple PPV’s in order to get her over and other women by virtue then you had Invasion coming.
Torrie and Stacy were not threats to Chyna in any way shape or form.