Theme Songs You Like (TV / Movie Edition)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
Rate the PPV

Kinda like Monkeystyles Rate the Wrestler cept its rating previous PPV's on buildup, fueds, matches etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WM17.JPG

WrestleMania X-Seven was the seventeenth annual WrestleMania professional wrestling pay-per-view produced by the World Wrestling Federation. It took place on April 1, 2001 and emanated from the Reliant Astrodome in Houston, Texas. A record-breaking attendance for the Reliant Astrodome of 67,925 resulted in gross receipts of $3.5 million USD.

WrestleMania X-Seven is usually considered as the event that concluded the Attitude Era for the World Wrestling Federation and the pinnacle of the 1990s wrestling boom. The tagline for WrestleMania X-Seven was Houston... We Have A Problem. The theme song for the event was "My Way" by Limp Bizkit.

The commentators for the event were Jim Ross and Paul Heyman. The Spanish language commentators were Carlos Cabrera and Hugo Savinovich. The guest commentators for the Gimmick Battle Royal were Gene Okerlund and Bobby Heenan. Howard Finkel served as the ring announcer for the event.

Chris Jericho defeated William Regal to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship

Tazz and The APA (Bradshaw and Faarooq) (w/Jacqueline) defeated Right to Censor (The Goodfather, Val Venis and Bull Buchanan) (w/ Steven Richards)

Kane defeated Raven (c) and The Big Show in a Triple Threat Hardcore Match to win the WWF Hardcore Championship

Eddie Guerrero (w/ Perry Saturn) defeated Test to win the WWF European Championship

Kurt Angle defeated Chris Benoit

Chyna defeated Ivory to win the WWF Women's Championship

Shane McMahon defeated Vince McMahon (w/Mick Foley as special guest referee) in a Street Fight

Edge and Christian defeated The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) (c) and The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff) in a TLC match to win the WWF Tag Team Championship

The Iron Sheik won a Gimmick Battle Royal featuring: Bushwhacker Luke, Bushwhacker Butch, Duke Droese, Doink the Clown, Nikolai Volkoff, Tugboat, The Goon, Earthquake, Gobbledygooker, Hillbilly Jim, Brother Love, Michael Hayes, One Man Gang, Kamala, Jim Cornette, Repo Man, and Sgt. Slaughter.

The Undertaker defeated Triple H

Steve Austin defeated The Rock in a No Disqualification match to win the WWF Championship
----------------------------------------

I give it a 10/10. Absolutely amazing PPV. Watched it about 10 times already every single match is good. Great theme song and heel turn for Austin. THe build up was incredible for all the matches and this is still one of the best wrestlemanias.

Soulpower

10/10.. Austin vs The Rock had the best buildup for a WM event. Angle vs Benoit was a classic, which we should have expected from both men and of course we had on hell of a TLC match. All this and I'm not including the HHH-Taker match and the heel turn by Steve Austin.

Best Wrestlemania ever, only sad part is that it marked the end of the Attitude era.

xtremebadass

Great Idea Truth

9/10 Well I didn't actually see it, but I saw the McMahon match, Taker's match, and Rock's match on DVD though, those were alll great matches, but can't say anything about the rest because I didn't see it, so i gave it a 9

Taker

Reaction score
I would give Wrestlemania 17 a 9/10, the following matches are the ones i liked the most:

Undertaker Vs. Triple H - Undertaker picked up the victory in this brutal matchup. The best part is when Undertaker goes for the Last Ride on HHH, but HHH smacks a Sledghammer in the head of Taker.

Vince McMahon Vs Shane McMahon: This was an exciting match between Father and son. I like the part when Vince brings Linda McMahon into the ring to watch her babyboy get beaten, But when he turns around she gives Vince a low blow.

Wrestlemania 17: 9/10

Reaction score
An incredible Wrestlemania that has not been bettered since in my opinion. There were a couple of okay matches but the main event, 'taker vs. HHH, Benoit vs. Angle and of course the TLC match put it on a pedestal. It had great matches, awe inspiring spots and a fair amount of dumb ass comedy to cleanse the palett. This is the standard that Wrestlemania's should aspire to.

I also love it because I bought my DVD copy for £8 and sold it on ebay for £50 a couple of weeks before WWE re-released it on DVD. Result!

9/10

Reaction score
First off, EXCELLENT idea Truth! If any of us had any rep, I'm sure we'd all be dishing it your way lol. Secondly I must concur with the rest of you. 10/10 for Wrestlemania X-7. The two main events were spectacular. Undertaker vs. Triple H was a 5 star match, no doubt about it. Anyone remember Triple H being chokeslammed off the little scaffolding above the crowd? That was crazy! One of the best matches I've seen in a long, long time. Also Austin vs. The Rock delivered as of course it always did. However this time might have been their most entertaining match between the stories rivalry. I don't think anyone saw the ending coming, truly shocking. Several other good mid-card matches as well. Benoit vs. Angle was, of course, a fantastic match. Chris Jericho vs. William Regal was also a good match, and surprisingly Vince vs. Shane was also very well done. But of course, THE match that everyone is still talking about to this day from that night, and will continue to for years to come, was the Triple Threat Tag Team TLC match between The Hardyz, The Dudleyz, and Edge and Christian. Sick match, absolutely sick, that's all I can say. As was this Wrestlemania. Probably hands down the greatest Wrestlemania of all time, and that's REALLY saying something. WMXX was pretty good, but I think this runs away with it. Great job Truth.

Vander

Reaction score
I don't think i'd ever give a PPV 10/10, but this is as close as one comes. The Rock/Austin and HHH/Taker matches are two of my all time favourites, and none of the others dipped below ***

Montana

Great card all around, probably one of the best if not the best. Could have had a little more story to the event. This will be a tough ppv to top.

wait a second, didnt i steal this idea from monkey and posted it in teh staff room suggestions?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
i'd give it a 9.5/10

it was a great great wrestlemania and there wasn't one match i wasn't into but the only problem i have with it is how vince mcmahon was involved in the final 5 mintues of the rock/austin it took away from 2 of the all time best wwe had to offer but besides that it was a great card.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
It was a fantasic PPV one of my all time favorites, it had a brilliant lineup and produced some great matches. 9 out of 10

Truth

Reaction score

Great card all around, probably one of the best if not the best. Could have had a little more story to the event. This will be a tough ppv to top.

wait a second, didnt i steal this idea from monkey and posted it in teh staff room suggestions?

Well you might have but I didnt get it from you, you know I always give credit when I get an idea from someone, even on my cards for PPVs. Keep the voting coming it ends tonight.

You think I should just score it like Rate the Wrestler, or divide the final numerator by final denominator and get a percentage.

Example:
I vote 9/10
He vote 9/10
Final score= 18/20= 90%.

Truth

Reaction score
Oh okay I always thoght you just added up the scores, yeah thats what ima do then.