The WWE of '05

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nov

Reaction score
(banner coming soon)

Second go at a BTB by yours truly, Alex Naumovski. This will more than likely be my final attempt, so i'm determined to make it count. I've came up with a few ideas and just couldn't go past the year 2005. It is my favorite year and I just felt it would be the most enjoyable to write. Anyway now on to the project. I will be doing all my shows in recap form, including Pay-Per-View's, but I will try and make them as descriptive and informative as possible. I will be starting the night after Wrestlemania 21, the results are as follows:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Match: Booker T won a 30-man Interpromotional Battle Royal featuring: Paul London, Heidenreich, Spike Dudley, Charlie Haas, Funaki, Doug Basham, Danny Basham, Orlando Jordan, Mark Jindrak, Luther Reigns, Scotty 2 Hotty, Hardcore Holly, Charlie Haas, and Billy Kidman from SmackDown! and Simon Dean, Tajiri, Matt Hardy, William Regal, Tajiri, Rob Conway, Sylvain Grenier, Snitsky, The Hurricane, Rosey, Chris Masters, Viscera, Val Venis, Tyson Tomko, and Maven, from Raw.

Rey Mysterio defeated Eddie Guerrero.

Edge defeated Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Christian (w/Tyson Tomko), and Kane in the first ever Money In The Bank Ladder Match.

Hulk Hogan made a surprise appearance saving Eugene from an onslaught by Muhammad Hassan and Daivari, both of whom were infuriated for being excluded from the event.

The Undertaker defeated Randy Orton.

Trish Stratus defeated Christy Hemme to retain the WWE Women's Championship.

Kurt Angle defeated Shawn Michaels.

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper confronted "Stone Cold" Steve Austin on Piper's Pit until Carlito interrupted and began to insult them. This resulted in Carlito receiving a Stone Cold Stunner from Austin and Piper throwing him out of the ring. Both ended the segment celebrating with beer until Austin gave Piper a Stone Cold Stunner as well.

Akebono defeated The Big Show in a Sumo Wrestling Match.

John Cena defeated JBL (w/The Cabinet) to win the WWE Championship.

"Mean" Gene Okerlund introduced the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2005: "The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart, "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, The Iron Sheik, "Cowboy" Bob Orton, Nikolai Volkoff, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, and Hulk Hogan.

Batista defeated Triple H (w/Ric Flair) to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

and the rosters....

RAW

Superstars
Batista
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Chris Masters
Christian
Daivari
Edge
Eugene
Gene Snitsky
The Hurricane
Kane
Matt Hardy
Muhammad Hassan
Randy Orton (+ Injured, out indefinetly)
Ric Flair
Rob Conway
Rosey
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Simon Dean
Sylvain Grenier
Tajiri
Triple H (+ Injured, out indefinetly)
Tyson Tomko
Val Venis
Viscera

Divas
Candice Michelle
Christy Hemme
Lita
Maria Kanellis
Stacy Keibler
Trish Stratus
Victoria

Personalities
Eric Bischoff – General Manager
Jim Ross – Announcer
Jerry Lawler – Color Commentator
Jonathan Coachman – Backstage Interviewer
Todd Grisham – Backstage Interviewer

Tag Teams/Stables
Christian & Tyson Tomko
La Resistance (Robert Conway, Sylvain Grenier)
Muhammad Hassan & Daivari
William Regal & Eugene
The Superheroes (Hurricane, Rosey)
Edge & Lita

Champions
World Heavyweight Champion - Batista
Intercontinental Champion - Shelton Benjamin
World Tag Team Champions - The Superheroes
Womens Champion - Trish Stratus

Smackdown!

Superstars
Big Show
Billy Kidman
Booker T
Carlito Caribbean Cool
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Danny Basham
Doug Basham
Eddie Guerrero
Funaki
Hardcore Holly
Heidenreich
Joey Mercury
John 'Bradshaw' Layfield
John Cena
Johnny Nitro
Juventud Guerrera
Kurt Angle
Luther Reigns
Mark Jindrak
Orlando Jordan
Paul London
Psychosis
Rene Dupree
Rey Mysterio
Rob Van Dam (+ Injured, out indefinetly)
Scotty Too Hotty
Shannon Moore
Spike Dudley
Super Crazy
The Undertaker

Divas
Amy Webber
Dawn Marie
Joy Giovanni
Melina
Michelle McCool
Torrie Wilson

Personalities
Theodore Long – General Manager
Michael Cole – Play By Play Commentator
Tazz – Color Commentator
Josh Matthews – Backstage Interviewer
Steve Romero – Backstage Interviewer

Tag Teams/Stables
The Basham Brothers (Doug & Danny)
The Cabinet (Amy Webber, The Basham Brothers, JBL, Orlando Jordan)
MNM (Mercury, Nitro, Melina)
Mexicools (Juventud, Super Crasy, Psychosis)
Mark Jindrak & Luther Reigns

Champions
WWE Champion - John Cena
United States Champion - Orlando Jordan
Cruiserweight Champion - Chavo Guerrero
WWE Tag Team Champions - MNM

Pay-Per-View Schedule (dates yet to be determined)
Backlash – Manchester, New Hampshire
Judgment Day – Minneapolis, Minnesota
Vengeance – Las Vegas, Nevada
Great American Bash – Buffalo, NY
Summerslam – Washington D.C.
Unforgiven – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
No Mercy – Houston, Texas
Survivor Series – Detroit, Michigan
Armageddon – Providence, Rhode Island
Royal Rumble – Phoenix, Arizona
No Way Out – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
WrestleMania 22 – Los Angeles, California

So that just about wraps it up then. I've been planning this for a while and I feel I can make something out of it. I apoligise for the lack of a backstory, but I believe that the WrestleMania 21 results are a good enough replacement. I shall aim to have my first RAW recap up in the next 24 hours. Anyway hope you all liked this first post, all feedback is much appreaciated as it works as incentive to keep booking. Thank you very much.

Moonlight Drive

You've picked a good era here mate, looks promising

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I've seen this before, and I see you fixed out the kinks in the roster here. Good luck man.

Nov

Reaction score
You mean the RVD Injured/Us Champ thing? Yeah lol. Anyway thanks, should have the first Raw up in the next 24 hours.

Nov

Reaction score
Monday Night Raw
AT&T Center - San Antonio, Texas
April 4th 2005

The show opened with the man who the night before single handedly defeated Triple H and in the process won his first ever World Title, Batista. "The Animal" received a standing ovation from the crowd as he made his way down to the ring. He was wearing his cream coloured suit and a smile was etched across his face. Once inside he grabbed a microphone and stopped in the middle of the ring as he waited for the cheers to die down. He then spoke about how he was so over joyed to of finally beaten Triple H and to of won the World Heavyweight Championship. He then said that he would do whatever it took to hold on to the gold and he didn't care who he had to go through to do so. Then all of a sudden a "Wooooo" filled the arena as the music of "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair played over the sound system. Ric appeared from behind the curtain to a massacre of boos before he made his way down to the ring. He was looking very serious with his suit and tie. Once inside he too grabbed a microphone before standing in front of Batista. He then informed Batista that in last nights World Title match, "The Game" Triple H had severly damaged his back and would be out for two to three months. Batista then tried to tell Ric that he didn't mean for it to happen but the 16 time World Champion was quick to shut him up. Flair then proceeded to say that he had no hard feelings and understood that Batista did what had to be done. Flair then told the new World Heavyweight Champion that he was extremely proud of him for how far he had come. Batista stuck out his hand but Flair shook his head. Instead he pulled Batista towards him and hugged him in the center of the ring. The fans cheered as the show went to a commercial.

The first match up of the night saw Rob Conway and Sylvain Grenier, otherwise known as La Resistance, up against the unique tag team of Eugene and his carer if you will, William Regal. The match was a physical one, with Regal keeping his team together and in the process brutalising both members of La Resistance. The match ended when Regal tumbled to the outside with Grenier, leaving Eugene to deliver a Rock Bottom to a knocked out Conway, who had earlier been hit with the brass knucks by Regal.

Christian and Tomko were shown backstage, clearly unhappy at the fact that "Captain Charisma" had been unable to come out victorious last night in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match. The two continued to the General Manager's office, where they pleaded their case to Eric Bischoff. They claimed that Christian had been cheated out of the match last night, and that he should of been the one to walk out with the briefcase and the guaranteed world title shot. Bischoff had heard enough as he made the main event of the night. It would be Christian and Tomko versus the World Heavyweight Champion Batista, and "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Bischoff pointed out that if Christian were to gain a victory over the champ tonight, it would go a hell of a long way to helping the chances of a world title shot sometime in the future.

The next match up was for the number one contendership of Shelton Benjamin's Intercontinental Championship. "Y2J" Chris Jericho and "The Rabid Wolverine" Chris Benoit were to battle it out in this one. However just as the ref was about to call for the bell to start the match, the familiar voice of Muhammed Hassan was heard from the top of the entrance ramp. And sure enough there stood Hassan and his sidekick Daivari. Hassan went on about how this racism towards him had gone too far. First he was left out of the WrestleMania card, and now he was left out of this match. He even went as far as to call Eric Bishoff a racist bitch. Finally "Im Back" hit as Eric Bischoff came out to confront Hassan. The two stood face to face before Bishoff broke the silence. He said that he didn't appreaciate being called a racist bitch, but he could see where Hassan was coming from. He then added Hassan to the number one contendership match making it a triple threat. Hassan smiled and thanked Bischoff, before making his way down to the ring to join his fellow competitors. The match it self was an exciting one, a number of near falls and a number of pins broken up at the last second. After a good fifteen minutes of action the match came to an end when Benoit went up top for the Diving Headbutt on Jericho. However just as he was about to jump Muhammed Hassan came up from behind and pushed him off. He then proceeded to climb in to the ring and deliver a Reverse STO to Benoit for the three count.

Trish Stratus was walking down the hallway backstage when she accidently bumped in to Victoria. Victoria congratulated Trish on her win last night before rapping her arms around her and giving her a big hug. Trish then said goodbye before continuing past Victoria. An evil grin spread across Victoria's face as all of a sudden she ran at Trish taking her down with a forearm to the back. She then brutally assaulted her all through the backstage area before security dragged her away as the trainers came to the aid of the bloody Women's Champion. Victoria yelled at Trish saying that she was going to take her Womens Championship before brushing the dust off her hands and walking off happily.

Tajiri faced an unforgiving Kane in the third match of the night. Tajiri suprisingly put up a fight getting "The Big Red Machine" down to one knee before going for a spinning heel kick only to be court by the throat and Chokeslammed all the way to hell. Kane picked up the win and his dominance continued.

Fan favorite Divas Michelle McCool and Stacy Keibler went at it. In an extremely hot match, Stacy picked up the W after a spinning heel kick. Stacy celebrated in style, showing of her sexy legs for all to see.

Todd Grisham interviewed Shawn Michaels backstage. Coming off his loss last night, Michaels was suprisingly up beat. He credited Kurt Angle, even going as far as saying that he is the best pure wrestler in the business today. Michaels then went on to say that next week on Raw the real HBK will return as he faces "Mr Money In The Bank" Edge.

As earlier announced "Captain Charisma" Christian and his "Problem Solver" Tomko faced "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and "The Animal" Batista in the Main Event of the evening. In what was a very entertaining encounter, the power and strength of Batista, and the experience and tactics of Ric Flair proved too much for Christian and Tomko as Flair made Tomko tap out to the Figure Four Leg Lock and Batista pinned Christian with the Batista Bomb. After the match Batista and Flair rejoiced in the ring as the show went off the air.

--------------------------------------------------------------
So there's the first show. I hope you all like it as im pretty happy with it. I realise it's short but that's what's expected for a recap. So anyway I would kill for some feedback as it works as incentive for me to keep booking. Well that's about it, thanks.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
that was a really good read, I can't really review it. I like the feud with Shelton, Y2J and Benoit, that could have some pretty nice stuff in it.

I want to see what feud you have next with HHH being out for a while, you had Christian there, that could be a nice feud. But I think there could be lots more happening.

It was different, so I'll just say where I think things are headed. I see Batista vs Flair for Backlash, with HHH returtning after the match there, just based on tonight. Victoria vs Trish is a definite, as is Hassan vs Benjamin. Not really sure what other feuds we will see at this stage. Very interesting to read.

Nov

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback you two. Just want to inform you headfirst that Benoit and Jericho are not fueding. Anyway thanks. Will check out your threads when I have time.

Nov

Reaction score
Thursday Night Smackdown!
Wachovia Center - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
April 7th 2005

The new WWE Champion John Cena opened Smackdown! this week. The fans went nuts as "The Doctor Of Thuganomics" exploded through the curtain, holding up his newly won title for all to see. Once in the ring, Cena collected a microphone and brought it to his mouth. He then yelled out "The Champ Is Here" to the enjoyment of the crowd. He continued by saying that this was the best time of his life because he had finally realised his dream. He said that he was honoured and privilaged to have the life he has and to have the chance to perform in front of all you great fans. This prompted a big cheer from the Phili faithful followed by a "Cena" chant. However it was quickly cut short by the former WWE Champion John Bradshaw Layfield who appeared at the top of the entrance ramp with a microphone in hand. He began by saying that he couldn't stand another second of this travesty. He then said that Cena was a joke of a champion, and he had now tarnished the legacy of the WWE Championship forever. JBL said that Cena didn't deserve the title because what went down at WrestleMania was nothing but a fluke. JBL then reminded Cena that he had in his possesion a contract. A contract which guaranteed him a rematch for the WWE Title. This prompted Cena in to action as he told JBL to cash it in right here, right now. This didn't seem like a good idea to JBL who laughed Cena's proposition off before saying that he was a patient man and would give Cena some time to prepare. He set the date for two weeks from now. At the three hour edition of Smackdown! John Cena would defend the WWE Championship against John Bradshaw Layfield. JBL then closed the segment by saying that Cena may as well savour the title as much as he can for the next two weeks because there was no way JBL was going to lose. He then reminded everyone that he is a "Wrestling God!" before heading back through the curtain with Cena looking on angrily.

The first match of the night was a 10 Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. The champion Chavo Guerrero would be defending against Billy Kidman, Funaki, Juventud Guerrera, Paul London, Phycosis, Scotty Too Hotty, Shannon Moore, Spike Dudley, and Super Crazy. The match started with all challengers teaming up to eliminate Chavo Guerrero who could'nt believe what had happened. Eight minutes later we were down to three. Billy Kidman, Juventud Guerrera and Paul London. London was trying with all his might to hurl Guerrera over but the leader of The Mexicools was holding on to the top rope. Then all of a sudden Kidman came up from behind and threw both of them over. As Guerrera tumbled to the ring floor, London held on and pulled himself back up on to the apron only to be Dropkicked off by Kidman. Kidman had just won the Cruiserweight Championship! He celebrated in the ring before collecting his title and heading back up the ramp.

Eddie Guerrero was seen in his locker room. He had just been in the shower and was yet to get dressed. The door swung open and in walked Theodore Long. Eddie jumped and rushed over to the towel hanging of his chair. The Smackdown! General Manager winced a little at the sight of Eddie's bare bum before telling "Latino Heat" that he will be facing The Undertaker in tonights Main Event. Eddie looked none to pleased about this. Teddy then shook his head and told Eddie to put some clothes on before exiting the room.

Charlie Haas went one on one with the Olympic Gold Medallist Kurt Angle in the second match of the night. Kurt Angle continued on from where he left off against Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania as he completely dismantled Haas. Haas got limited offence and Angle proved too strong, finishing the match with the Ankle Lock. Angle sent a message to all the other members of the Smackdown! roster too as he didn't release the hold until ten seconds after the bell.

Rey Mysterio was interviewed backstage by Josh Matthews. Matthews asked Rey how he was feeling after his win over Eddie Guerrero at WrestleMania. Rey responded by saying that he felt better than ever, he was overjoyed about the win and was glad that him and Eddie were still close friends. Matthews then asked Rey what his plans were for the future. Rey said that he wasn't fussed. He was just going to sit back and enjoy the ride. Although he would love to wrestle for the World Title one day. With the last question Matthews asked Rey what he thought about his upcoming match with Booker T next week. Rey said he was looking forward to it. He said that Booker was one of the best and that he was going to go out there and give it his all. Matthews then thanked Rey for his time and Rey saluted to the camera before walking off.

Big Show took on Carlito Caribbean Cool in the fourth match of the night. Using underhanded tactics Carlito controlled a large portion of the match. But in the end he caused his own downfall as he went up to the top turnbuckle only to be caught by the throat on the way down. The 7 foot tall, 500 hundred pound Big Show then Chokeslammed Carlito down to the mat. Big Show made the cover to win the match.

Backstage Eddie Guerrero was seen sneaking out of The Undertaker's locker room. He had an evil grin on his face as he did a thumbs up to the camera before tip toeing off down the corridor.

In the second last match of the night the team of Melina and Dawn Marie, accompanied by MNM, went up against fan favorites Michelle McCool and Torrie Wilson. Melina and Dawn Marie were in firm control for most of the match, isolating Michelle McCool in their corner. However when Michelle escaped and made the tag to Torrie Wilson, the tides changed. Torrie exploded on Dawn and Melina. She was even almost about to win the match with a Nose Job on Melina but was stopped in her tracks by Nitro and Mercury. The WWE Tag Team Champions then lifted Torrie up and laid her out with the Snapshot. Dawn Marie held Michelle off as Melina pinned Torrie for the three count.

In the Main Event of the evening Eddie Guerrero faced off against The Undertaker. The match went on for about fifteen minutes and was action packed from start to finish. The match was an even one with both competitors getting their fair share of offence in. However towards the end of the match The Undertaker began to get drousy. As he went for the Last Ride on Eddie he just collapsed. Eddie stood up and a grin spread across his face before he went up to the top turnbuckle and hit the 5 Star Frog Splash on "The Deadman". Eddie then covered The Undertaker and the match was over. Eddie celebrated in the ring for a while before The Undertaker sat up. Eddie froze before fleeing the ring, leaving The Undertaker to close the show on one knee, his arms in the air and his tongue sticking out.

---------------------------------------------------------------
There's Smackdown! ladies and gentleman. I'm pretty happy with it although I realise nothing substantial happened. It has still paved the way perfectly for something much much bigger, don't worry about that. Anyway please leave some feedback as I have worked my ass off to get this done. Thanks.

Reaction score
okay so first off the opening promo with John Cena and JBL i guess it was pretty obvious that JBL was going to get a rematch it almost alwasy happens after a WM but it was good anyway.

The opening match was a bit suprising seeing Kidman win i thoguht Chavo would ahve held on. But at the same time i am glad because i like Kidman hopefully you do not juts let him hold the belt for a wek and hopefully he holds it for a long time.

EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE what did he do in Takers locker room i ams ure we will find out.

Haas and Angle squash match but it has its purpose as you want Angle to be on a rampage after a big win at WM.

Rey interview was okay him against Booker T instant clasic

I iwhs Carlito beat Big Show i think Carlito deserves a massive push but it just neevr seems to happen :(

Womens match was well a womens match

Eddie, Taker will this be a start of a rivalry or a one off event i am dying to find out. Anyway great show keep it up.

Nov

Reaction score
Thanks for the review, will take in to account the points you made.

Wow, read this before, but forgot to leave a review. Alrightm, here I go.

Cena vs JBL was the rightful feud to begin with, otherwise you would be heading against logic, since JBL does have a rematch clause. Liked how this started, and in two weeks, I'm guessing it will be a DQ or something so that you can drag this out to Judgement Day.

Kidman winning the Battle Royal surprised me, and I didn't think we would see a title change straight away. Surprised you didn't have Paul London win it either, but London and Kidman could be a good feud.

Eddie and Taker may indicate that Rey and Eddie isn't happening here. That can be good or bad, depending how you use Eddie.

Angle squashing Haas showed his dominance, though I thought you would have pointed out that Haas was Angle's former pupil.

Rey saying the thing with Eddie is sorted was alright. I guess Rey will move on to feud with Booker now, with Booker turning heel.

Kind of disappointed you had Carlito job to Show. He was really over at this point in time, so a push would be cool.

I don't think the women's tag match will do anything. Don't see any feuds.

Main event was interesting, and definitely seems like the start to Eddie vs Taker. Like I said earlier, this has the potential to be good.

Nov

Reaction score
Thanks for that man, will take everything that you said in to account as you made some good points. Will post RAW tomorrow, but for now I would love some more reviews.