The World X Cup

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

The World X Cup has been pretty good so far (despite 2 very short matches this past Thursday night on iMPACT!), and I've enjoyed it. TNA put together a nice crop of talent for the X Cup and I'm really looking forward to seeing who will come out on top after its all said and done. I think Team TNA is going to win the X Cup, I actually want Team Japan to win though. Speed Muscle and that Milano Collection AT guy really impressed me with their matches over the past few weeks, and I would love to see them win it all. Unfortunately, I don't think thats going to happen.

Anyway, who do you guys think is going to win the X Cup?

1chiban

Reaction score
Team TNA probably, although the Japanese and Mexican teams have looked most impressive imo

The Rated R CMStar

While in singles matches all teams have been able to showcase their wrestlers nicely. If I am not mistaken Team Mexico and Team TNA are way ahead in the scoring, so to me, I hope that in the next episode of Impact the scores get more even.

1chiban

Reaction score
Has Doug Williams wrestled yet? Missed last week's Impact so that my explain why i haven't seen him?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
^no, he's wrestling this week though. He's so awesome, he doesn't belong in the X Division.

Yeah, the world x cup has been a bright spot in TNA for me. There's less of a focus on an outrageous storyline and more of a focus on the in ring action, which is always good considering what talent is there.

Qwake

Team TNA will win it to get them even more over imo but If I were to choose I would have Japan vs TNA in the Ultimate X and have Japan win because they are F'n AWESOME!

Hometown Kid

Yeah I hope Japan wins it...maybe they will but Team TNA are the favorites right now...Milano Collection AT is a solid wrestler and I forgot who the fuck the 4th member of Team Japan is but I remember me liking him...I still wish CIMA was on the team though...:cry:

Axis

I loved the tag matches, but I was a little upset with the singles matches I've seen so far (Russia/Mexico and Curry/Japan). I'd like to see Team International come back and get the win. I know that Daivari has been a name dropped to be picked up by TNA, so I'm wondering if they want to turn this into a storyline to make that happen. I'm hoping they don't and this is just to showcase the X-Division, but you never know in TNA.

lord batair

Reaction score
Team mexico rocks ! I'm impressed by those guys really. The world cup is the best thing TNA can do, showing all types of wrestling ! Really enjoy that world cup.

fan2000

Reaction score
I don't think Team TNA wins this time. I think it's 90% chance of Team Mexico winning, I think there's a 10% of Team Japan winning as well.

A part of me thinks that Curry Man turns and either allows Japan to win or costs Kaz the Ultimate X to allow Mexico to win. Whether Curry Man unmasks to reveal Daniels in this scenario is up in the air.

I know hedging my bets a lot in these scenarios, but then again this is wrestling...anything can happen (usually the dumbest way they could do things). Though I will say that since they were showcasing the X Division, why wasn't Petey Williams used on commentary? I've hardly seen him since the World X Cup started (this past Impact aside), if you're going to showcase the X Division why not have the champion involved in some way?

*First Post Ever*

PeepShow

A part of me thinks that Curry Man turns and either allows Japan to win or costs Kaz the Ultimate X to allow Mexico to win. Whether Curry Man unmasks to reveal Daniels in this scenario is up in the air.

Team USA will win, trust me. Why would Curry Man allow Mexico to win? What would be the story behind that? Same for unmasking. I'm confused by that logic.

Dre

Reaction score
I have a question about The World X Cup, Did USA win the cup every single year?