• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wire

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Season 4 is my favorite! What do you think of Marlo?

I don't really know what to think of him yet. I didn't care for him in Season 3 so much because he seemed real bland, and I also didn't think he looked the part of this big time gangster leader, looked like one of Avon's subordinates. But so far in Season 4, they've fleshed out the character a bit more, and I've enjoyed him more.

John McHenry

John McHenry
I just watched the whole series not to long ago. I think it was season 3 i really disliked but the rest was really good.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I thought Season 3 was the weakest of the 5 (don't see why everyone hates on Season 2 that much), but I still loved it, really enjoyed Carcetti (Littlefinger in Game of Thrones, can't remember his actual name) and the political aspect of the whole thing, but parts of it were a little boring compared to the other seasons. If I were to rank the seasons, it'd probably go 1,5,2,4,3, but IDK that could change tomorrow. I flip-flop a lot.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
This is one of my absolute favorite shows. Can't really blame you for not getting hooked in the first few episodes though bc it doesn't really do that well, def benefits from modern day binging too. If you end up enjoying season 1, I'd def say stick with season 2 no matter what bc it's WAY different and usually everyone's least favorite but by season 3 it's back to form and even better IMO

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Started to watch this today, never got past the first few episodes. I'm committing this time, though.

You're in for a ride, brother.

If it's any consolation, I was in the same boat. I tried it at one point and only got a few episodes in and then the hook sunk in to me and I binge watched the whole lot. It's one of those shows.

Allow the dialogue and characters to grab you, take in every word. It's a masterpiece.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I thought Season 3 was the weakest of the 5 (don't see why everyone hates on Season 2 that much), but I still loved it, really enjoyed Carcetti (Littlefinger in Game of Thrones, can't remember his actual name) and the political aspect of the whole thing, but parts of it were a little boring compared to the other seasons. If I were to rank the seasons, it'd probably go 1,5,2,4,3, but IDK that could change tomorrow. I flip-flop a lot.

Wow just realized I don't agree with this at all after I rewatched the show again in like 2018 lmao :lol

My favorite seasons would probs be 1, 3, 4, 5, 2 now lmaoooo

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
I'm almost through with Season 3 and I really can't stand McNulty. I get he's a complex character, but for some reason he has go away heat with me haha. I won't be back in this thread until I finish so I'll check your responses if anyone has any in a few days.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I def wouldn't say McNulty has go away heat with me, but especially on my rewatch I'd say I found almost no redeemable qualities other than he seems to have good cop instincts :lol man got some decent one liners too

Necro

I def wouldn't say McNulty has go away heat with me, but especially on my rewatch I'd say I found almost no redeemable qualities other than he seems to have good cop instincts :lol man got some decent one liners too

So I finished the series and yeah I couldn’t stand him, but obviously he was literally the main character so he was necessary. I’d say my favorite characters were Omar, Bubbles, Snoop, Lester, and Bodie. Snoop came on strong as one of my favorite characters she cracked me up. I was surprised she was actually in trouble with the law on real life, but luckily seems to be done with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I liked season 4 a lot more on my rewatch and I think it was bc of less McNulty in it lmaooo loved him in season 5 tho but that was when he was just full batshit

Necro

Now I’m reading Kima had felony coke charges, Bunk was arrested for battery, and friggin McNulty cheats on his wife in real damn life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Loved this series. Maybe HBO's best work after Deadwood for me (Sopranos being a close third)
I especially liked the season in which one of the policemen gets fired and becomes a teacher in a difficult school. I really could relate to him.