The WHC is retired..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
- As seen last night at TLC, the top title in WWE is now known as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

The “big gold” World Heavyweight Championship has been added to the “Retired Championships” section of WWE.com.

-SESCOOPS

:cry:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:sad: Goodbye big sexy belt

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Man, I'm sure as hell gonna miss that title, it was one of my favorites.:sad:

Toto

The Showoff
Reaction score
I`m gonna miss that title, it had the best look and it was one of my all time favourites

ENFORCER1

Jobber
Reaction score
I remember as a kid growing up that I always wanted to win the WHC more than the WWE belt. There was just something about it that I loved. Especially with the likes of HHH, Goldburg, Edge, Flair, Benoit, Rhodes all wearing it, it just was so much cooler than the WWE belt.

Piece of wrestling history being laid to rest
:((

Reactions: David5150

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Why retire the WHC but then decide to call the unified champion the WWE World Heavyweight Champion? That makes it sound like the WHC is now the one existing world title of the company.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Why retire the WHC but then decide to call the unified champion the WWE World Heavyweight Champion? That makes it sound like the WHC is now the one existing world title of the company.
Because it was the name of the belt before WCW became a on TV thing? When Hart held it it was the WWF world heavyweight title.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Because it was the name of the belt before WCW became a on TV thing? When Hart held it it was the WWF world heavyweight title.

That was years ago, though. I don't remember when (probably around the late 90's) but they started just calling it the WWF/E Title at some point even before the WHC became a WWE defended championship.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I thought it was just a combination of both. They never really called the World Heavyweight title the WWE World Heavyweight title, and they never called the WWE title the WWE Heavyweight title either since bringing in the WHC if I remember(it's also why they changed ECW World Heavyweight title to ECW title so it wouldn't be confused with the World Heavyweight title).

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
That was years ago, though. I don't remember when (probably around the late 90's) but they started just calling it the WWF/E Title at some point even before the WHC became a WWE defended championship.
They started calling it the WWF/E title when WCW's TV product took of and they had a world title. Plus with this name they pay tribute to both titiles, tying in both legacies, which was a big part of the hype into the match.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I thought it was just a combination of both. They never really called the World Heavyweight title the WWE World Heavyweight title, and they never called the WWE title the WWE Heavyweight title either since bringing in the WHC if I remember(it's also why they changed ECW World Heavyweight title to ECW title so it wouldn't be confused with the World Heavyweight title).

The only time you would see the words "WWE World Heavyweight Championship" written was in press releases relating to the WHC, This was done to differentiate it from other companies' world titles.

wk

acailler

Reaction score
I don't get why WWE are so against that big wonderful Gold Belt!

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, it really makes sense. It's better to drop this belt than to drop the WWE title's lineage.