The Walking Dead Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
As difficult as it is to deal with someone who is volitile like Merle, in the current situation someone like him could be the best ally you could hope for.

Finding Lori & Carl so quickly is a very common issue with both the comics & show. Atleast in one of the novels when Megan & Lilly(neither character is in the show) catch up, it is explained that so early in "the fall" cell phone towers still worked, and its not hard to imagine 2 twenty-something women would own cells.

That is a dick move by Shane, but not nearly as bad as say Kyle Reese from Terminator(who went back in time to become his best friends daddy)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I guess you have to take what you can in a situation like that and that numbers do count for something, still wouldn't really want him in my group if that ever happened to me :D

Really enjoying the dynamic of this show and Glenn is becoming my favourite character. Not afraid to take a risk and he is funny as well, like that he is so excited to be driving a hotrod. The flow of the show is quite good as well with the group now trying to arm themselves against further attacks.

Disappointed that the first season is only six episodes, I am going to have to buy season two now as I will be thrown season one in no time.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Glenn without a doubt is my favorite character. He is that guy that is so easy to relate to.

I have watched the first season a few times now, back when it first aired, then one of the marathons, then when I picked up season 1 on DVD for the B&W episode. And I admit, the pacing of the show in season 1 was great, but, adding more episodes in season 2 did effect the pacing for the first few episodes.

Reaction score
I cannot wait for Sunday!
I agree Season 2 had a strange pace but coming off of Season 1 which seemed like was over in a flash it I think it has more to do with the fact that different writers write episodes and each writer gives the show a distinctive feel. Early on when they are still trying to establish characters and keep storylines going I think all in all it had a mildly bumpy start and the season finished in a much stronger place.
As far as favorite character, I would have to say Daryl or T Dogg.

Ben

Reaction score
Pumped for Sunday...a instant resolution to the Dixon brothers is wanted from me right off the bat.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I finished season one and I liked the way that it ended. My only negative was that I was looking forward to Andrea staying behind inside the CDC, can't stand that character. This show let my down by not killing an annoying character just like Breaking Bad let me down for the same thing. Hopefully she starts to cheer up a little and stops moping around. I know that it is the end of the world but seriously if you are sticking around lighten up a bit and help the others.

I want to find out what happens next so I ordered Season 2 on DVD and it arrived today. Watching the first episode right now and one thing that I hope happens is Rick and Morgan meeting again later in the series.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wow what a way to finish the first episode, did not see that coming at all. I was waiting for a gunshot but not in that fashion. Surprised that they keep finding great locations but then keep moving on, I would rather build a fort and stay in a great spot whilst hoarding supplies from the surrounding areas.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Finished my Season 2 marathon and I really liked the progression that they made that season. I didn't mind the pace at all, it made more sense than him finding Lori so quickly in the first season. Not surprised with the Shane development, saw it coming and I am glad that that loose end is all tied up. Andrea has grown on me a bit since she finally dropped the woe is me attitude and also after dropping the crazy psycho angle she went through with Shane for a bit. It was really the last episode or two that made me like her after she nearly killed another one of the group. I like the additions for the season especially Hershel once he saw the light. Bit sad about Dale even though he became a bit preachy near the end, Carol is starting to become the new Andrea.

Crazy final episode and I look forward to seeing where they end up next after having had some stability for a bit.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Only a handful of episodes to catch up for tomorrow.

My issues with season 2, the fact that Hershel found Sofia so quickly. Daryl found her doll so far away from the farm, yet Hershel was able to get her into that barn before Carl was shot. Then you have Glenn inside the barn, with enough time to notice a child-sized zombie wearing Sofia's clothes, but was apparently more concerned about how he & Maggie could get it on now.

Absolutely loved the hallucination Daryl had about Merle. But then again, I am a big fan of both Reedus & Rooker, so anytime those 2 are together is amazing.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I watched the first few episodes of the first season, 3 I believe, and I liked it quite a bit, I have season 2 stored on disk atm, yet to watch the rest of the episodes. I've been meaning to watch Season 1 and 2 in a marathon session over a weekend, is it do-able? I mean, just those two seasons over one weekend without anything else.

Other AMC shows are usually impossible to watch that way. Good TV, but just gets too drab in a marathon session. i.e Mad Men, Hell on Wheels etc.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I prefered to watch Hell on Wheels all at once, but to be fair, I am actually enjoying that show more than The Walking Dead(and this is comming from someone who is collecting the comics). The first season of Walking Dead is definately doable as a marathon, its 6 & 1/2 hours, and pretty well paced for an opening season. Season 2, I would do over 2 days, ending with the episode where Shane opens the barn. This way you dont leave yourself sitting for 13 & 1/2 hours, of a season that was relatively slower than the first. I couldnt handle 20 hours of it straight, and thats not even counting the 7(8?) hours of season 3 that has been shown.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I must admit, and I don't care if I catch some criticism for this, I enjoyed Hell on Wheels (the pilot and the show overall) more than the Walking Dead. That's not to say that the Walking Dead is a bad show, but the premise of Hell on Wheels is just more unique and therefore more gripping IMO.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Only a handful of episodes to catch up for tomorrow.

My issues with season 2, the fact that Hershel found Sofia so quickly. Daryl found her doll so far away from the farm, yet Hershel was able to get her into that barn before Carl was shot. Then you have Glenn inside the barn, with enough time to notice a child-sized zombie wearing Sofia's clothes, but was apparently more concerned about how he & Maggie could get it on now.

Absolutely loved the hallucination Daryl had about Merle. But then again, I am a big fan of both Reedus & Rooker, so anytime those 2 are together is amazing.

Was Sophia taken into the barn before Otis shot Carl? Couldn't it have happened soon after whilst Otis was still around since he was the zombie rangler. I can see why Hershel wouldn't know about Sophia being there since he had nothing to do with collecting the zombies it was apparently all on Otis. When Glenn was in the barn he only had a quick look and then moved away so it is fair enough that he wouldn't see her.

I do think that it was a bit silly that after finding out that there was a group of walkers in the barn that none of the group would look in the barn to see if she was there once they heard about what that barn was being used for. They could have done that from the rafters without being hurt and it would have saved them a lot of time.

After that season Glenn is still my favourite but Daryl is right up there as well, like the way that he goes about things. Was a great moment when he took the gun from Rick and did what had to be done when they found Dale.

For Season 3 do they add in any interesting characters?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
YESSSSSSSSSSSS. The Walking Dead finally returns tonight. Can't wait! Gonna be so good to see what happens next and judging by the previews, second half gets even better and more intense.

(Don't wanna spoil as Troy is watching only season 2 atm.)

[MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION] - Yes. They do add some interesting characters.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
[MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION], at the end of season 2 you get a slight peek at the new character Michonne, the chick with 2 jawless & armless zombies chained to her. In the comics she is one the coolest characters, asides from that, you will just have to find out for yourself.

If Sofia was found after Carl was shot, chances are that Otis would have been keeping an extra eye out for a young blond girl, if she was found before, it explains that the Greene's wouldnt have expected her to be turned so quickly that she was already in the barn. It could have happened either way, and is one of those gaps left for people to debate, but I personally feel the timeline was something like, Otis rangles Sofia, heads back out, and shoots Carl. When it happened they were fairly close to the Greene Farm.