The Walking Dead Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Looks like there's a bad ass blade on that returning cast members hand.

Anyways second half of season 2 was pretty slow for me, really dragged, better setting and some new character, and hopefully more acting should make this season better.

Really? Seems to me and a lot of others that the second half was a huge improvement over the first half. First half seemed like it was just stalling until it got to the Sophia part.

David Morrisey looks nothing like the governer but it doesn't bother me because I know he can act.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Man, John Hawkes would've been the perfect Governor. I guess he didn't want to soil his resume with this show.

Instead they have:

governer

DPXmM.jpg

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Comic Con showed a 4 minute preview of Walking Dead season 3, and announced the season will start Oct. 14th.

[video]http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/season-3-comic-con-trailer-the-walking-dead[/video]

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Just watching the trailer minutes ago. The upcoming season looks amazing. The new characters look good and what's gonna happen with them, well everything this upcoming season is intriguing.. :y:

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I have no idea what to expect, the comics have probably revealed some events for the next season, but as previous seasons have proven you cannot rely on them to be 100% accurate.

Phillip "The Govorner" is one of my favorite villains in the comics asides from Negan & Lucille, and having Merle in Woodbury seems fitting. But something I did notice is someone who looks an aweful lot like Tyresse was working with Phillip.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Most of the characters are rather uninteresting... If I read the graphic novel would they come off better? I like the premise of this show but every season is so slow developing that I wish this was just another Zombie movie series.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The comics are just as story driven as the show, issue #100 was awesome, and featured a main character getting their head bashed in with a barbed wire baseball bat repeatedly until only a pile of goo, and an eyeball remainded of their face, but that was the most action packed issue since about #48(I have the first 96 issues collected in graphic novel, and they do a horrible job of seperating issues). There were flashes of action in between, like a 4 shot involving cannibals, or a stand-off here & there, but there are very rare moments that make it feel like a horror story. It is a drama about Rick trying to remain human in a world where everyone is becoming a monster, the zombies are simply the backdrop.

The prison is some of the slowest progress in the comics, but by seperating Andrea & Michonne from the group and having them arrive in Woodbury may help that problem out alot. In the comics the first bit is what of these criminals can we trust, and can we trust the crazy chick that was walking around with zombies chained to her. Then you have the whole Lori is pregnant, and Hershel does not have the right equipment, or knowledge to deliver a baby without putting her life in jeopardy, and then you finally get to some insane, & intense action(I dont want to spoil too much, as I am sure some of what I am not saying will be in the show). Also having Merle & Daryl(who are not in the comics) you have a whole new story, where one brother had to fend for himself, and the other stayed and helped the guy who left his brother to die. I do have high hopes for this season being better than the comics, I always found it slow, and the new angles make it more interesting.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well thanks for explaining that... If it's just as slow as the show, I may have to pass but I do know someone who wanted to borrow it to me so I guess I may read it someday.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Not a problem. I know there are alot of people who prefer '68 to Walking Dead just because '68 is more action oriented, where Walking Dead is more drama. Its not for everyone.

Ben

Reaction score
The Walking Dead Season 3

[video=youtube;ShQz68Zkb3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQz68Zkb3Y[/video]

Premiers October 14th. Season 2 was good, but at points it dragged, them moving to the prision this season along with new characters come in have me excited for a more action packed show similar to season one.

AF.

Reaction score
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Yeah, this season coming up looks badass. I really enjoyed Season 2. The farm was a good location. I expect the Prison and Woodberry to provide lots of new awesome moments to the story.

AF.

Reaction score
Going to do my own little run-down of this fantastic show.

I like everything about this show. The concept of surviving in a zombie-apocalypse is appealing to me. I like how this show borrows from others like Lost, but cuts out the bullshit that Lost had. It is straight to the point, and doesn't hold back at all. This show is all about death. Old people die. Kids are mutilated. It is all about surviving and they manage to make it interesting especially when supplies run low and they have to do supply runs. The first season was balls to the walls action, my only gripe was that there were only 8 episodes. Season 2 improves on this, changes the pacing BUT adds 4 more episodes. I'd rather this then the fast paced first season in which I completely watched in one sitting.

My favourite characters are Rick, Dale, Herschell and Glenn I guess. I don't understand what direction they are taking Daryl, he shows a good change of heart when he searches for the little girl but once it's revealed she's dead (IN THE FUCKING BARN! Mark out moment and I totally didn't see it coming) he loses his mind of sorts and treats the girls mother like crap.

My favourite episode is the one where they find the little girl in the barn, that was a huge moment for me and I was literally gobsmacked when it all went down as I didn't see it coming. Kinda sad they killed off Dale and not a useless character like T-Dogg or Andrea. Shane being the cunt was great, but I'm glad he's gone in the end.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
^Andrea should undergo a little unwanted facial reconstruction, and become bad-ass. She is one of 4 surviving members from the camp site in the comics.

My favorite episode has been the one where Daryl is hallucinating and sees Merle(any episode with Michael Rooker in it is badass), favorite season was 1(as it had the most Merle), and surprise surprise, my favorite character is Merle. Cant wait to see him in the "Daryl Possition" of the Governors group.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Been waiting for this all year. Now that they lost all the red shirts at the farm, losses to the walkers will be even
more heartfelt. (Really, did anyone care when they lost Patricia and what's their names?) Dale and Shane were characters
I really felt for, so his death really got to me. That's about it.

As far as my favorite moment in the series so far, it's too close to call. This entire series is so littered with epic events
that I can't just choose a specific one, and I've been through it 5 times just in this year. If one were to stand out, it
would have to be Andrea fighting through hordes and hordes of walkers all through the night by herself (probably because
she's my fave now that Shane's gone...I miss Shane.)

As far as my hopes for the new season?
1. More walker action. I know we've seen a hell of a lot of it throughout the
series, but who can get enough walker action?
2. Kill Lori. She's not only useless to the group, but often times is counterproductive.
I don't care if it's walkers, or a heel character, an illness, childbirth, or what, but if she doesn't go,
she'll only continue to get in the way. Further decreasing the groups odds of survival.
3. Darrel beating the shit out of Merle. No reason, I just think it would be funny.