• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Video Game Debate Thread

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
I would rather they be in English. Or, I guess the language I speak. It doesn't hurt the immersion for me. Even though I have the subtitles on in 90% of the games I play, I still want to hear things in my native tongue.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
I would rather they be in English. Or, I guess the language I speak. It doesn't hurt the immersion for me. Even though I have the subtitles on in 90% of the games I play, I still want to hear things in my native tongue.
Fair enough. I wouldn't say it ruined my immersion of the games just seemed odd since they are made by in Ukraine and theya re speaking English, and thank you for your opinion

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Would you rather a game released in its native language and have English subs, kind of like Subbed Anime for an example, or would you rather them be dubbed? I only ask this mainly because after playing STALKER and Metro I realized I would rather them be in Russian/Ukrainian with English subs than English dub with Russian subs.

I personally would prefer them to be in their original language, because I think it can help with immersion. Metro and Stalker are prime examples of games I like to get heavily immersed in. I played a bit of Shadow of Chernobyl when my PC could just about run it, great game. Subtitles tend to make me focus on stuff more as well I've noticed. I seem to get more captivated by foreign movies these days.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Alright, folks, who remember when this was a thing for a hot minute? I'm back to present an age-old question for anyone who's slightly a fan of the Elder Scrolls series:

Stormcloak-vs-Empire.jpg

Who do you support? The Stormcloaks or the Imperials during the Skyrim Civil War and why?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
If I can actually be totally honest, I don't even play the main quest anymore on Skyrim, with the mods I have, I have way more fun starting my game in Dawnstar and roleplaying as an immigrant adventurer looking to make my fortune in the wilderness of Skyrim, through mining and alchemy and cleaning up bandit hordes, all while trying to stay clear of the political environment (but I'm 100% Pro-Imperial no matter what), and not really going to Helgen until I feel comfortable actually starting the main plotline.