The US TV Deal Conundrum

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WCW Rules

Reaction score
You know, just recently, I've been learning and watching matches from overseas companies such as Pro Wrestling NOAH, NJPW, and I've been watching matches from ROH and I'm a huge fan of Lucha Libre like CMLL and AAA. With the exceptions of AAA and CMLL, which are broadcasted in the US on Galavision and ESPN Sports Espanol, I'm having trouble wondering why ROH and NOAH are broadcasted in European countries and sometimes Canada, but not in the US. I'd love to watch these weekly, because watching them on Youtube is sometimes a drag.

Ordering their DVDs doesn't make it any easier on me and others like me, since ordering online is sometimes out of the question when you have no credit card or something of that nature. Is it because of the financials, or do they see TNA and WWE as some sort of barrier, a reasoning of, "Why bother? No one's going to watch."

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I think that there isn't that much interest at all in having another wrestling show on TV from networks. The last non WWE or TNA show that was on TV was Wrestling Society X, and it showed what there wasn't that many people wanting to watch, and having something like violence in wrestling is too much for some TV stations. I see more TV Stations jumping on the MMA Bandwagon though, and it's pretty clear that stuff like that can get pretty big ratings.