The Ultimate WWE Experience

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
You can use this thread yourself to tell about any past, present, or future WWE event that you attend.

---------

I just got back from Raw tonight in Indy, and it was a pretty good experience all things considered. The only other WWE event I had been to prior to this was a Raw in Chicago back in 2006, when Cena was feuding with K-Fed as well as going up against Show and Booker in the Champion of Champions match. Anyways, I digress.

I got there about 90 minutes before the show supposedly starts at 8:15, so about 7 PM. Nobody was allowed to go anywhere until 7:15. Gates opened then, and it was a madhouse. Last time I went, I'm pretty sure there were merch stands all over the place, but here, there were only two right next to each other at the entrance. I stood in line for a good 30 minutes before I finally got two Punk shirts for $50. Not bad. Might try and sell one if they are still going for a bit on ebay. :eek:

Got to my seat, which was perfect btw (first row of second level head on), and waited about 15 minutes before the show started.

Opened with Justin Roberts hyping the crowd and then Brodus Clay came out and squashed some local guy named Silva I think in the dark match. Superstars then started, but there was no pyro. Very odd. Just the area around the titantron had the logo and stuff, so you knew it was. In the first match for Superstars, Kozlov defeated Primo, while JTG was on commentary. Ok...? Final match was Swagger vs. Masters. Really solid match that went about 15 minutes. Swagger ended up winning with the ankle lock.

The Raw happened. You guys all saw that obviously. Honestly, (I'm not sure how it came out on TV, I haven't seen it yet) Cena was soooooooo over. There were some boos for him mixed in, but he was clearly getting a better reaction than Cena. It was funny, because right before Raw hit the air, there was a nice Punk chant, but that was a about it. Nice to see Beth win. Can't help but think that maybe Punk might have some pull in that? Hopefully. Nice tag match with Rey/Morrison and Miz/Truth. Shame that Ryder lost. He got a huge pop when his music hit and got a chant of WE WANT RYDER within like 15 seconds of the match starting. PUSH THE GUY.

Overall, decent show. Good atmosphere being there live, but it just didn't seem to click like I thought it would. Something about it held it back. Idk.

A few things I thought were interesting to note: The guy down the row from me kept referring to TNA as TNT. Had to laugh. "Yeah, I Kurt Angle is over on that TNT with Hulk Hogan now." :lmmmao:

Also, there were soooooo many kids there compared to 06. Like seriously double the number probably. I would say 60-70% of the population in the arena were 4-10 year olds. No joke. Most wearing Cena stuff. Some Rey as well.

Anyways...

Comment on this if you would like, ask questions, etc, or post experiences of your own.​

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Who'd you personally pop for most, Lucas? Were concessions ridiculously overpriced there too? D:

My only live event was an actual Raw in Nashville, May 1998. I was 6 at the time. I remember quite a bit from the show. It was a huge hassle because of parking. (We parked way away from the GEC.) We ended up walking the streets for 45 minutes to get there. Parents got me a Stone Cold "SOB" shirt, which I think I still have. I wanted D'Lo Brown's. ): The Raw was infamous due to the fact that I was live for the night...Val Venis debuted. >_> What a show. He beat Too Cold Scorpio. Funaki got a huge pop for a dark match for some reason. The Rock spit in someone's face in the front row, which was funny. I remember Dude Love was heel and people booed and I was the only one who went fuckin' crazy, and my mom told me "No, boo him!" I had none of that, for my favorite Foley persona. After the show we had pizza and that event to this day is a highlight of my life, despite it probably sucking in hindsight.

seX-Power

Reaction score
why is the name of the thread so gay?

but on topic, i've only ever been to one live event which was a smackdown house show back in 06. i don't remember too much except some of the matches were kendrick and london versus chavo and helms, booker versus benoit (pretty cool to be able to say i saw him live i guess) and then the ME was mark henry vs kurt angle vs randy orton vs taker. also sylvan (remember him lol) came out for a promo and a 'you're a smurf' chant started until finlay came and beat his ass. i remember being pretty entertained throughout but i wouldn't go to another one unless i was really up close to the ring.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^^Yeah, good seats or bust, IMO.

Only show I ever went to was UK Rampage 1991 in London, just after WM7.

No tron, no pyro blah, just matches....

Mr Perfect (c) vs Davey Boy Smith (IC title match)
Ultimate Warrior vs Undertaker (Bodybag match)
Hacksaw Duggan vs Sgt. Slaughter
Nasty Boys (c) vs ????? (Tag title match)

...Can't really remember the rest of the card. Great show though!

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
There honestly aren't really any bad seats. Unless you're in the upper corner behind the titantron, then that might be an exception, lol.

Who'd you personally pop for most, Lucas? Were concessions ridiculously overpriced there too? D:

Punk definitely, followed next by Ryder. Ryder got such a ridiculously awesome pop and instant chants. Awesome

As for concessions, I only got a soda, but it was $4.50. So yeah, I guess you could say.

...god...

Reaction score
i remember it costed me like $30 or something ridiculous for some chicken strips at Wrestlemania, but I was hungry as fuck. The show was great to see Austin/Rock/HHH/Taker, and i was pretty close and had an awesome seat so it was all great in that regard. Aside from that, I was at the SD in 05 which had the last match of the Benoit/Booker US title series, it's where Benoit did the spot they use to show quite frequently when he suicide dived straight into the commentating table. The main event was some shit like Batista and Eddie vs. Randy and a partner of his choice, and anyone with a brain knew it was gonna be Kennedy because the mic was hanging right above the ring. I was also on TV a shitload on that one for whatever reason. Oddly, I kinda wanna say my favorite was this inhouse Raw show in 06. Reason, because it was the first time I got to see TRIPLE H (I went to a in house show during the Attitude Era with Austin/Rock/HHH/Taker/etc. but I barely remember it and was really far) and I was literally RIGHT in the middle front. It was during DX and it was gay he came out solo to the music and smurf HBK wasn't even there. But I've literally never been so pumped for something, I remember anxiously waiting and waiting for that day. It really is 200x better if you're in the front rows next to the ring.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Ive been to quite a few. Spanning from 2001 till Raw a couple weeks ago in Boston. So I have a few memories.

Back in 01, things were ALOT different. The people who went to the shows were alot more wreckless and alot older than today. Every single person on the roster had a freaking T Shirt for sale, I remmeber I bought a Raven one at my first live event in 2001 hahaha lmao. I also remember that it was HHHs first match back after that quad injury, he hadnt even returned to TV yet as it was during his return hype period using that U2 song in the promos lol. But yeah he got a fucking amazing pop which I remember to this day. Awesome show and im glad I got to experience it way back in 01 before all the huge differences that have been made latley.

Another memorable show I went to was the Royal Rumble in 04. In which one of my most hated wrestlers at the time Chris Benoit won the RR match itself. My seats werent amazing, and the show itself wasnt really like a usual big 4 wwe ppv (Hardcore Holly in a WWE Title match..) But what I remember the most is when the whole arena went dark and Takers gong went off, signifying he was returning soon and as the old school deadman no more big evil biker. The crowd went aboslutely crazy and it was just awesome to experience a Pay Per View live.

Ive been to just about every kind of WWE event imaginable, Raws, Live events, PPVs, and Smackdowns, but my most memorable Smackdown has to be when they debuted the new ECW on tv and taped it right before SD. It was exciting for me because it was coming off the heels of that classic RVD/Cena match and RVD was the champ. And it was well before we knew that WWE was going to destroy and tarnish the ECW name with what turned out to be a horrible show especially towards the end of its run.

The latest Raw I went to was the one a few weeks back from Boston where Punk and McMahon had the contract negotiations in the middle of the ring. The #1 thing that I noticed that has changed would have to be the type of people in the audience. Just waiting for the gate to open if you look around its almost ALL little kids and their families. All Little Jimmys. Its sickening. The nice part about being at this Raw was that its the closest ive ever sat at any event as I was on the floor and only 4 rows back from the barracade. And the floor seats consisted of more hardcore fans rather than little jimmys and big jimmys which was very comforting to see. But it was by far the least excited crowd ive ever sat in. That 2001 house freaking show was 20 times more exciting than this Raw. I dont know what happened to the fans, but its almost as if theyve become ADD plagued blueberries with no attention span whatsoever. The biggest pop of the night I sware to god was when CM Punk said to bring back the WWE Ice Cream bars, like jesus christ come on now. Even Vince was walking in and out of the stage to try to get us louder and it didnt work haha. Aside from the few smart fans who know what is going on, its all kids and parents who dont follow the product. And we wonder why we get this soft, watered down kids show week after week, its because thats what they know their fanbase wants to see and thats what they know their fan base is going to pay to see.

Axis

Reaction score
For some reason I irl lol'd at Wrestlemania chicken strips.

Axis

Reaction score
I've never been to a WWE show. I almost went to Wrestlemania 24. Then I almost went to Extreme Rules 2011. Then I almost went to Money In The Bank 2011. And I would go to Wrestlemania 28, but I will be out of the country.

Airfixx

Reaction score
There honestly aren't really any bad seats. Unless you're in the upper corner behind the titantron, then that might be an exception, lol.

I'm merely judging by the venue they use here whenever they visit and having been to gigs there in the past.... The seating goes up so high that you're left watching 'dots' in the distance.

Not paying equivelent of $100+ to watch the Tron. F'dat!

Reaction score
The only live WWE event I've been to was the Raw where Kane set a dummy dressed up to look like JR on fire.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I've been to a lot of events. Atleast 10 WWE house shows (have another coming up in October actually), two Smackdown tapings, one in 2003 and the last one was the Smackdown where Punk sang happy birthday to Rey's daughter. I've also been to a couple WCW shows; a house show, a Thunder taping and a live Nitro. I also went to No Way Out 2009.

But the most fun I'd ever had at a WWE event has to be Wrestlemania XIX, the seats weren't good (way the fuck up by the Safeco Field sign), but it's WRESTLE fuckin' MANIA for God's sake. I know a lot of people shit on the crowd for that event but from a live experience I will tell you that crowd was going NUTS (I remember going INSANE when Austin came out). I remember that night pretty vividly, all the way down to nearly being disowned by my family for cheering for Chris Jericho and Triple H lmao. I remember a lot of people leaving after the Rock/Austin match to beat traffic, which is understandable. I'm very glad my mom decided to stay through the main event, which is a very underrated match imo, and ironically WE beat traffic lol.

Of all the shows I've been to I would actually have to say the most fun events are house shows. Tickets are usually cheaper, the wrestlers seem a little more loose and just top to bottom the wrestling seems to be just as good, for a discounted rate (getting good tickets for a house show is A LOT easier than a PPV).

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Been to Raw twice, fucking AWESOME experiences (one was when Trish was hosting), and just bought my tickets to SD on September 13th. I am in row 4, section 119, the fucking TV side. Goddammit, I can't wait to go.

The first Raw experience was better because I was in the floor seats, row 3, so I was pretty much close enough to feel their sweat drops on my skin and when Cena came out, he ran into the ring, did his little posing, and when people sat down, I stood up and gave him double middle fingers and he was looking right at me. That was the best ever.

If anyone remembers when Batista came out with his busted arm in a sling and stopped in the middle of his speech, it was because I stood up and waved.