The top five NBA Finals of all time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

lxxsumi8

Reaction score
There were many of the NBA Finals in recent years, but some of them were more special than others. What makes a great show?

1. Celtics over the Lakers (1969) - The Lakers were the team to dominate the entire season, the Celtics were very old and is expected to be completed cheap authentic nfl jerseys. As if there was not enough drama, Lakers owner Jack Kent Cooke was so sure his team would win the last game, there were thousands of balloons placed in the rafters for the celebration party after the Lakers win the game The game is expected in September September victory for the Lakers never came. It was the final championship run marked the Celtics during the 1960's and was the single best series of the NBA Finals of all time.nfl jerseys throwback classic

2. Knicks over Lakers (1970) - This series is mainly remembered for the great Willis Reed and his amazing toughness, but it was an amazing series all the way through. Reed was badly injured, but he fought hard and inspired his teammates in Game Seven. Clyde Frazier lit up the Laker defense for 36 points and 19 assists, and the New York Knicks upset the Lakers.mlb jerseys

3. Celtics over Lakers (1984) - This was the first NBA Finals meeting between Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. History vs. Bird Johnson was the biggest in the NBA has ever seen. The Lakers took a 2-1 series victory after a 137-104 in the third game, but Boston took control thereafter. Kevin McHale and the rest of the Celtics came to play basketball the most physical of their careers in the fourth game, and they finally prevailed in what was a fantastic series.nba jerseys

4. Celtics over Suns (1975) - The Suns weren't supposed to be in the NBA Finals, and everyone expected the Celtics to make quick work of this young team. The Celtics did end up winning the series 4-2, but not before a series filled with an amazing amount of drama. Game Five of the 1975 Finals is considered by many to be the best game in the history of the NBA postseason. Gar Heard's amazing shot to force a third overtime is one of the most memorable shots ever.nhl jerseys

5. Lakers at Celtics (1985) - The Celtics embarrass their rivals from Boston in the first game so bad that the game was known as "Memorial Day Massacre." Boston fans were convinced that his team would bring a second consecutive NBA title michael vick jerseys. Kareem Abdul-Jabaar was terrible in game one, but he dominated the rest of the series. Lakers rebounded and won two games, and they have made the Celtics in game six in Boston. It was the first time the Lakers had already beaten the Celtics in the NBA Finals.

Reaction score
The 1999 Finals- Asterisk my ass. How's 15-3 sound, with a 12 game win streak and the first is always the most memorable. Plus this squad is statistically the finest defensive squad ever.

2003- Just the beginning of success for the most effective Big 3 of the modern Era and the Admiral goes out in a way only the classy do, on top with 13 and 17, plus Tim bangs out one of the finest Finals performances ever with a near quadruple double, 21, 20, 10 and 8. Just sick.

2005- So under rated, each game was tightly contested with so many clutch performers. Bobs Horry in game 5, Timmy all series long and Gino bending over the Detroit starters in closing out game 7.

2007- Substance will always trump hype. King James? Not quite, Timmy is the greatest winner of the modern era in all of sports and this quick sweep is just a testament to his leadership, he should have been the MVP, but there's nothing wrong with Frenchy getting his shine on.

Everything else is irrelevant.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
1. 1998
2. 1997
3. 1991
4. 1996
5. 1993

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I don't know about top 5 but the 2005 finals series was amazing, even though the Pistons lost they made every game good to watch and stayed in it. I personally like the 04 finals just for the fact that the Pistons won and murdered the gay lakers, two great back to back finals.

I hope we get two new teams in the finals this season because I am sick of the Lakers and Celtics.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Thank you Lennie ^^^. The 2004 series for me was awesome. The Pistons had done very well all season and when they pulled the deal for Rasheed Wallace, that solidified that team. I remember when the finals began, the announcers had to have their lips surgically removed from the Lakers testicles. To watch the Pistons go into L.A. and slap them and all the media who thought the Lakers would dominate was fantastic. Rip Hamilton, Chauncey, Tayshaun, Rasheed, and Big Ben were dynamite in that series as was Corliss Williamson coming off the bench. What made the 04 series so great was because the Lakers were so heavily favored, by almost every major media outlet and my hometown Pistons proved that the games have to be played on the floor and not on paper. 05 was great from start to finish. I have nothing but respect for the Spurs, and if you're a basketball fan, that's a Final you absolutely have to love. Two teams leaving it all on the floor all 7 games.