The Top 10 Matches The Women's Revolution Needs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm doing this.

So...its fair to say that the women's revolution was basically stalled after Roadblock: End of the Line
and to me...that just isn't good enough. The WWE has the creative teams and the talent to put on some
fantastic and groundbreaking women's matches...but...for some reason...we aren't seeing them.

Well...I'm putting on my fantasy booking top hat again and I'm going to list...

~The Top 10 Matches the Women's Revolution Needs (In the next 12 months)~

#1: An Elimination Chamber Match:
ec7-1487014998-800.jpg

So in my opinion the SmackDown creative team really missed a golden opportunity this year by not
booking the first ever women's elimination chamber match.

You had 3 feuds running at the same time, a title change booked and a brand new (and safer than
ever) chamber design in place...and they missed the boat completely.

And even if the WWE was worried about Nikki Bella's neck...Natalya could have taken her out during
the kick off show and Carmella could have taken her place.

Whether its a SmackDown or RAW pay per view the next time we see it...the ladies need to have a
chamber match.

#2: A Ladder Match:
AJ+Lee+Up+On+A+Ladder.jpg

The fact the ladies haven't had a ladder match yet is just sad. Make it happen WWE.

#3: A TLC Match:
Well...if we've seen a tables match and we can get a ladder match...then why not a TLC match?
In fact...I nominate a Becky Lynch vs. Naomi vs. Charlotte Triple Threat Match TLC match. That
sounds amazing right?

#4: Alexa Bliss vs. Trish Stratus at Wrestlemania 34:
There is no doubt that Alexa Bliss is red hot right now (and I'm not just talking about her perfect
backside) and by the way she's being booked she may-be the new "chosen one" to lead the entire division
for the next 5 to 8 years.

For Alexa to come face to face with her idol on the biggest stage in Wrestling would truly be an amazing
moment in WWE history and fantastic moment for Alexa on a personal level.

#5: Charlotte vs. Asuka...A.S.A.P:
We all want to see it...the Queen vs. the Empress...the two most dominant female performers in the WWE
at this very moment...we need Charlotte vs. Asuka and the sooner the better.

#6: Charlotte vs. Natalya...In the Hart Family Dungeon:
At Fully Loaded 1998 Owen Hart & Ken Shamrock fought in the Hart family dungeon...and I say let Charlotte
& Natalya do the same.

This match would honestly be for Natalya because in my opinion Nattie deserves to have a legacy defining
match and so far...she hasn't had it. She's been involved in some fantastic matches...but she needs to be
in a landmark match and she actually needs to win it.

I say let Charlotte & Natalya stage a "shoot fight" and make it as brutal as they can...and have Nattie
finally score that big career win she deserves...and if its for the women's title...all the better.

#7: Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch...In an I Quit Match:
tumblr_opphhnuwXJ1ui54szo1_500.png

Everyone knows that Charlotte & Becky are basically BFFs behind the scenes and they haven't really had a
chance (on the main roster) to face off in a true one on one fight. Giving these 2 ladies a chance to put
on a grueling but technical match only seems fair...and I'm sure they could push each other to their very
limits and provide us with a history making match.

#8: Heel Sasha vs. Bayley...In a Last Woman Standing Match:
tumblr_nvwwvqJmNh1rohh3go1_400.gif

(Oh that gif is sooooo good)

These 2 women put on 2 classic matches in NXT...and I'm sure most fans want them to do the same on the main
roster. Sasha Banks needs the big pay per view title win that has so far eluded her...and her finally defeating
Bayley to do so would be all the sweeter for the Boss.

#9: A Royal Rumble Match:
Don't sit there and give me reasons why it can't happen...think about the ways it could happen.

~ RAW Roster...
~ SmackDown Roster...
~ NXT Roster...
~ Surprise entries by former stars & legends...

It needs to happen.

#10: A Women's Division Pay Per View:
Now I know I'm cheating with this one...but it would be a worthwhile experiment for the WWE to go through with.

We could have three title matches, an inter-brand Survivor Series-style elimination match, perhaps an inter-brand
triple threat match and the first ever women's Royal Rumble to finish off the night with every available woman
(apart from the 3 champions) taking part as well as a few surprise cameos.

WWE seems hell bent on having as many pay per views as they can...so why not give the ladies their own special
night to prove just how good of a show they can put on.

Well...that's my list. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments and I will hopefully see you around the traps.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Phenom

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
The one I would like would be a 20 or 30 women rumble. I think the main reason its stalled is the brand split- each show only has 6 women or so. All the women should be on 1 show, all the tag teams on the other.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
The fact the ladies haven't had a ladder match yet is just sad. Make it happen WWE.
Assuming you're not counting the Katie Lea/Beth Phoenix ladder match from when OVW was still WWE owned, right?

#9: A Royal Rumble Match:
No. There is a reason there aren't many women's battle royals, and why when they do happen, they suck. They are either not over the top rope, which makes for really lame battle royals. Or most of the women are too short, or have other issues, which make them actually going over the top rope for eliminations just look awkward and bad for the most part. Not to mention, the only time that this would actually make sense would be at the actual Rumble event, and I don't think many people want to sit through two Rumble matches in one night, no matter what the reason.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Assuming you're not counting the Katie Lea/Beth Phoenix ladder match from when OVW was still WWE owned, right?
I didn't know about it...and I'm not counting it...
No. There is a reason there aren't many women's battle royals, and why when they do happen, they suck. They are either not over the top rope, which makes for really lame battle royals. Or most of the women are too short, or have other issues, which make them actually going over the top rope for eliminations just look awkward and bad for the most part. Not to mention, the only time that this would actually make sense would be at the actual Rumble event, and I don't think many people want to sit through two Rumble matches in one night, no matter what the reason.
That's a very negative opinion to have...but...its your opinion...and I do understand it for the most part.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'd be down for all of these, except maybe #6 since quite frankly, that sounds boring. I haven't seen the Hart/Shamrock bout so I don't have the best frame of reference, but I don't really like matches that will likely lead to long bouts of brawling since that's possibly the quickest way to lose my interest. I almost prefer rest-holds honestly, though context is important. Regardless, I'm all for giving Natalya a defining moment and I like both of the competitors, so I wouldn't reject the idea outright. I do think it's the least likely of the ten sans maybe the PPV. Depends what you mean exactly, since I think the Mae Young Classic more or less counts. If it has to be main-show PPV's like I think you mean, I doubt it. WWE seems committed to the Brand Split, I can't imagine them making another dual-branded PPV just for the women (& James Ellsworth because let's be honest, he'll be there).

As for the Royal Rumble, WWE has done Rumble matches outside of the Rumble PPV. Eddie won his shot against Brock Lesnar at No Way Out 2004 in a 15 man Royal Rumble on Smackdown. So it isn't impossible for WWE to do something like that, though with the Brand Split thing I doubt they'll go that route. They definitely won't do a 30 woman Rumble on the PPV along with the men one. But I think a 15 woman one with shorter intervals between opponents could work. Start the show off with that then close with a Rumble. Not sure how entertaining that'd be, since Rumble matches aren't usually very entertaining imo, at least of late. But hey, maybe a women's one wouldn't be hurt by how obvious the result is. I'd settle for just throwing Nia Jax into the main Rumble though.

Also don't think the prospect of Alexa/Trish does much for me. I get the appeal and it feels worthy of Mania, would likely be a good match but eh, I'd rather the women avoid the 'part-time' curse the rest of the card suffers from. Asuka vs. Charlotte would be a better match, and is easily the one I most want from this list. Because they're both pretty much my favorite women wrestlers of all-time at this point (at least, gun to my head I'd *probably* say Asuka then Charlotte).

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'd be down for all of these
Cool...
except maybe #6 since quite frankly, that sounds boring.
Well...the idea would be for a short, brutal fight...with some possible blood...
It would hopefully be anything but boring. More UFC than WWE.
Regardless, I'm all for giving Natalya a defining moment and I like both of the competitors, so I wouldn't reject the idea outright.
Nattie deserves it...but who knows...she might claim the briefcase at MITB
and that will be her defining moment...along with her successful cash-in.
As for the Royal Rumble, WWE has done Rumble matches outside of the Rumble PPV. Eddie won his shot against Brock Lesnar at No Way Out 2004 in a 15 man Royal Rumble on Smackdown. So it isn't impossible for WWE to do something like that, though with the Brand Split thing I doubt they'll go that route. They definitely won't do a 30 woman Rumble on the PPV along with the men one. But I think a 15 woman one with shorter intervals between opponents could work. Start the show off with that then close with a Rumble. Not sure how entertaining that'd be, since Rumble matches aren't usually very entertaining imo, at least of late. But hey, maybe a women's one wouldn't be hurt by how obvious the result is.
Fair call...but I still think the WWE needs to try it at least once.
I'd settle for just throwing Nia Jax into the main Rumble though.
No...not until Nia improves...I say put Charlotte in there instead...but
then I basically worship Charlotte...so of course I'm going to say that.
Also don't think the prospect of Alexa/Trish does much for me. I get the appeal and it feels worthy of Mania, would likely be a good match but eh, I'd rather the women avoid the 'part-time' curse the rest of the card suffers from.
Yeah...that would basically be the point of it...it would "feel" like a Wrestlemania match/moment...and I honestly
don't have a problem with female part-timers...anything to add depth and experience to the women's roster.
Asuka vs. Charlotte would be a better match, and is easily the one I most want from this list. Because they're both pretty much my favorite women wrestlers of all-time at this point (at least, gun to my head I'd *probably* say Asuka then Charlotte).
If you were booking the Asuka/Charlotte feud...how many matches would they have and who wins the feud?

Just curious...

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well...the idea would be for a short, brutal fight...with some possible blood...
It would hopefully be anything but boring. More UFC than WWE.

Every time I went to watch UFC/MMA I found it boring outside of a few cool knockout blows (the only one I remember is someone like kicked jumped off the cage and punched the other dude) so it's just not a style that appeals to me. Doesn't mean it's a bad idea, just that I wouldn't be down for it.

Nattie deserves it...but who knows...she might claim the briefcase at MITB
and that will be her defining moment...along with her successful cash-in.

One of the best things about the upcoming Women's Money in the Bank that I literally anyone can feasibly win it. I reckon Charlotte is the least likely, just because she doesn't really need it to get a Championship match, she essentially already has her ticket with the fact that she's never really got to have hers against Naomi. Though WWE does love giving her firsts so maybe.

No...not until Nia improves...I say put Charlotte in there instead...but
then I basically worship Charlotte...so of course I'm going to say that.

I position for Nia mostly because WWE only tends to place the powerhouse special females in the Rumble matches. Nia Jax is a lot closer to Chyna, Kharma, and uh, Beth Phoenix(?) than Charlotte, so I figured she'd be the more likely one to get added. Charlotte's got the height if nothing else, so I don't think it's impossible. Well, with WWE's current landscape I do, since the only woman any men are allowed to hit in the ring anymore is Stephanie at WrestleMania and only by accident.

Yeah...that would basically be the point of it...it would "feel" like a Wrestlemania match/moment...and I honestly
don't have a problem with female part-timers...anything to add depth and experience to the women's roster.

Oh I get that but judging by last year, it's safe to assume that there'll be only two women matches, a Raw one & a Smackdown one (and for the longest time, it seemed like the Smackdown one was getting cut). It's almost worst for the women to have a part-timer claim a spot, it basically ensures Alexa's the only woman on Raw whose getting a Mania moment.

If you were booking the Asuka/Charlotte feud...how many matches would they have and who wins the feud?

Just curious...

So, I don't know if you knew this when you asked, but I'm bonkers and I have crafted a really detailed long form plan for how I would build their rivalry. So for the short answer to your question, three single matches and Asuka wins the feud. Now, I think their are two ways to go with the feud, either few matches spaced apart or the other idea would be to basically have them feud all year. I think I could get behind the latter, but I prefer the former and my idea revolves around that concept.

So before I get to their feud, I'm going to quickly summarize the events that will happen in the following months before their feud even begins.

For Asuka it's real simple. She continues to hold the NXT Women's Championship, ideally hitting the 500 day milestone before dropping it to Ember Moon. Sticks around NXT for a little while longer, enough to get a rematch with Moon that she loses and hopefully it it's timed out right, she'd make her Smackdown debut in December/January. Enough time to establish her as a competitor for the general audience to earn her a spot in the first ever Women's Elimination Chamber match (I assume Smackdown is getting the Chamber again). She does not lose any match on the main roster going into Elimination Chamber.

Charlotte's a little more complicated. So at Money in the Bank, she does not win the briefcase and Lana, with interference from Rusev, defeats Naomi for the Women's Championship. I actually think this will happen, it makes sense since both Rusev & Lana were a couple on WWE tv for so long, Shane McMahon didn't award Rusev with the Championship match he wanted at Money in the Bank and then had to be goaded into giving his wife a Championship match at Money in the Bank, so Rusev would cost Naomi the match both as a way to support his wife and to stick it to Shane. This would probably lead to a Rusev/Shane match at SummerSlam.

Anyway, Charlotte finally gets her Women's Championship match at Battleground in a triple threat match between her, Lana, and Naomi. The finish would have Charlotte hitting Naomi with the Natural Selection, and Lana would quickly throw/dropkick Charlotte out of the ring, and pin Naomi, retaining her Championship. At SummerSlam, it would be a one-on-one between Charlotte and Lana, where Charlotte would finally win the Smackdown Women's Championship, only to join the holy trinity of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, because the winner of the Women's Money in the Bank cashes in and steals the Championship from Charlotte. Ideally, this would be Natalya. So then the next feud is Natalya and Charlotte and for the September PPV or whatever, Natalya would retain the Championship against Charlotte in some nefarious way I'm sure. So the October PPV, I'm just assuming WWE will have two PPV's every month or so but you could just substitute PPV for special Smackdown or something, Charlotte will finally claim the Women's Championship from Natalya. But during all of this, Charlotte was getting more and more frustrated via getting constantly screwed out of her Championship reign. From the Welcoming Committee shenanigans, to Lana stealing her victory, to the cash-in, to the nefarious ways, so this is ultimately going to revert Charlotte to heel after a good ten or so months as a face. I would have Charlotte maybe continuously attacking Natalya after the victory, releasing her angry over the months of being screwed out. Like really brutalize her, a double turn would be the ideal way. Maybe instead of Natalya winning via nefarious ways it's an unintentional thing, like an accidental count-out or the ref doesn't notice Charlotte's foots on the rope. Let's say the foot on the ropes, since otherwise Charlotte might just come across as justified. And side-bar, I think Charlotte works better as a heel right now but I feel that Asuka will just be better in the face role. Because when she debuts, she's going to get a pop, she's going to be well-received, especially if you debut her in a more smarky crowd, so instead of trying to fight that, just let her go face. Maybe, being humbled by Moon in NXT, she'll face turn prior to debuting. Anyway, from that point on, Charlotte is a dominate Women's Champion. She can finish her program with Natalya in November/December, and maybe have a quick one with Becky Lynch, perhaps a December/January feud. So she's re-established as the top heel and gets to dominate with the Championship for four good months before we introduce the Asuka component.

Okay so now, we have the first ever Women's Elimination Chamber match for the Smackdown Women's Championship. I'll be blunt, the only two competitors that really matter in this booking our Asuka and Charlotte. So insert whoever you think is best applicable. The match begins with Asuka and let's say Carmella. Before the next entrant is out, Asuka taps Carmella out with the Asuka Lock. Assuming the intervals are at about five minutes, she ideally tap Carmella out in 4:45. So that she when she gets up the countdown for the next participant begins. Hopefully when the pod opens the next wrestler, let's say Lana, can slowly come out while the fans chant "Asuka's gonna kill you", it won't happen but that'd be awesome. Back to the match, same exact deal, right before the count down begins, Asuka finishes off Lana. This time, maybe with her spinning heel kick, we want to establish on a big stage that Asuka can finish people off in several ways. So finally, out comes Charlotte Flair and unlike the last two, Charlotte isn't eliminated by Asuka before the next entrant. So let's say, Tamina, I don't know, comes out and it becomes essentially a handicap match with Charlotte and Tamina working together to try and eliminate Asuka. It doesn't work, then outcomes either Becky Lynch, Natalya, or Naomi, ideally a babyface who would have cause to target Charlotte instead of the Asuka despite the performance she put on. Since Charlotte just ended the one on one feud with Becky at the Rumble, let's put her in her, though any of the three work. Becky targets Charlotte and it becomes two one-on-one matches, Tamina vs. Asuka and Charlotte vs. Becky. Charlotte manages to eliminated Becky first, maybe via moonsault off a pod, and it goes back to being a handicap. Not to long in to this return, Asuka's hanging on the ropes and Charlotte charges but gets hit with a back body drop, bumping on the chamber flooring. This allows Asuka enough time to lock on the Asuka Lock on Tamina and eliminate her. Once she lets go and begins to get up however, Charlotte nails her with the Natural Selection, and eliminates Asuka to win the Chamber match to retain her Championship.

Now, it's a little bogus that two women have to kinda job out like that but I think the most important thing about this dream match is how dominate both competitors have been booked so it's vital to establish to the larger WWE Universe who might not be aware or been present for Asuka NXT run to establish her as a dominant figure. Charlotte is already positioned a league above the rest of the division at this point, so we use the Chamber to solidify Asuka as a league above the rest too. So we place them on level playing field. Charlotte looks strong because she won and survived Asuka, and Asuka eliminated half the competition and lost due to a sneak attack essentially. The only thing about this I don't like is that five minutes of Asuka/Charlotte might be less of a exciting tease and more of a spoiler. Like, I want these two mostly apart heading into Mania so during the build there'd be very little physical interaction between the two. And at WrestleMania, Asuka will dethrone Charlotte in their first singles match for the Smackdown Women's Championship.

So now I'm assuming the Superstar Shake-up will still happen and we draft Charlotte back to Monday Night Raw. The feud isn't over now but it is on hiatus. I want to treat the match-ups between the two as the highest on the women's roster. Like Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar, if it's happening, it's happening on one of the big four. Consider it as a big draw match. The next time they face will be at Survivor Series. Now, on Smackdown Asuka continues to reign supreme as Women's Championship. She doesn't have to remain undefeated but if she does lose it can't be clean and they have to be rare. She goes into Survivor Series looking as unstoppable as ever. Meanwhile on Raw, at some point, Charlotte manages to regain the Raw Women's Championship, preferably within the first two PPVs on Raw, maybe SummerSlam. And holds onto it strong going into Survivor Series. Where instead of having a 5-on-5 Survivor Series match for every division, like we can still have a Women's one not featuring the Champions, but they are having a rematch between the two dominant Champions, Asuka vs. Charlotte II. This time, Charlotte wins, and she wins clean. And this affects Asuka. Going forward, she starts making more mistakes in the ring, she loses a few more matches. And at the December PPV, she loses the Smackdown Women's Championship. At the Royal Rumble, rather than competing in a re-match, she instead interferes in Charlotte's Championship defense, and costs Charlotte, the Raw Women's Championship. Because that's the only time where both rosters will be represented before Mania. From here you can build to the Mania re-match in many ways. You can use it to bring Asuka to Raw or Charlotte to Smackdown, personally, I'd keep them on separate brands and have an interesting build where the story can progress on both shows or in subtle ways. Perhaps, they start trying to out-do each-other, or imitating each-other, like Charlotte winning using the Asuka lock, or maybe Asuka comes out with a Charlotte-esque robe. Maybe have Charlotte cost Asuka her rematch but personally I don't want Asuka going for the Women's Title after losing it. Because I think the story here should be that Asuka is focused on Charlotte. Nothing is more important than proving she's better than Charlotte.

So WrestleMania, Charlotte/Asuka III. For the first time in WrestleMania history, we a get a repeat Women's match and I think it's only like the sixth back-to-back WrestleMania match (Hogan/Andre at III & IV, E&C/Hardyz/Dudleyz at 2000 & X-Seven, Shawn/Taker at XXV & XXVI, HHH/Taker at XXVII & XXVIII, Rock/Cena at XXVIII & XXIX) which is a pretty big deal as well. At this point, the victor doesn't really matter. But, I don't want Sable to continue having the best WrestleMania record for women (3-0) and since Charlotte's already been beaten at Mania in real life, I would push for Asuka to win and become the female Undertaker. Also, I like Asuka better than Charlotte.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Every time I went to watch UFC/MMA I found it boring outside of a few cool knockout blows (the only one I remember is someone like kicked jumped off the cage and punched the other dude) so it's just not a style that appeals to me. Doesn't mean it's a bad idea, just that I wouldn't be down for it.
Oh...I'm not a UFC guy either...I just like the idea of Nattie having a special match all about her
and her finally scoring a big (title?) win over Charlotte.
One of the best things about the upcoming Women's Money in the Bank that I literally anyone can feasibly win it. I reckon Charlotte is the least likely, just because she doesn't really need it to get a Championship match, she essentially already has her ticket with the fact that she's never really got to have hers against Naomi. Though WWE does love giving her firsts so maybe.
I honestly think anyone but Tamina. I don't mean to seem harsh to her...but I think there is no benefit to
Tamina claiming the briefcase. May-be if she was ten years younger...and the crowds actually responded
to her.

I'm currently working on a list of possible cash-in/booking options for the Women's Money in the Bank...
and they'll be posted in a couple of days...and most of my in-depth opinions will be posted there.
I position for Nia mostly because WWE only tends to place the powerhouse special females in the Rumble matches. Nia Jax is a lot closer to Chyna, Kharma, and uh, Beth Phoenix(?) than Charlotte, so I figured she'd be the more likely one to get added. Charlotte's got the height if nothing else, so I don't think it's impossible. Well, with WWE's current landscape I do, since the only woman any men are allowed to hit in the ring anymore is Stephanie at WrestleMania and only by accident.
I understand Nia has the "size" but...she doesn't have the in-ring skill...and frankly...she's boring
to watch. Seriously...they should call her "3 Move Nia"

I actually can't stand Man on Woman violence and intergender matches make me very uncomfortable...
I swear the first season of Lucha Underground was like torture for me...cause I love Sexy Star...but I don't
want to see her getting smacked in the head with a chair or speared by some giant masked brawler.

I guess I just want Charlotte to achieve everything she possibly can...I admire her as a performer and without
seeing an image of her online...I woud never have come back to wrestling.
Oh I get that but judging by last year, it's safe to assume that there'll be only two women matches, a Raw one & a Smackdown one (and for the longest time, it seemed like the Smackdown one was getting cut). It's almost worst for the women to have a part-timer claim a spot, it basically ensures Alexa's the only woman on Raw whose getting a Mania moment.
Which is why some kind of Women's Royal Rumble at Mania would be great so everyone gets a run and it
would possibly set up a future title feud. Let's say whoever wins the Women's Rumble gets a shot at either
the RAW or SmackDown title at SummerSlam. Again...just an idea.

The Alexa/Trish match idea stems mainly from the huge push Alexa is getting and I do believe the WWE is
positioning her to be the Alpha Female eventually once Charlotte has retired and Asuka has had he main
roster run.

I have a feeling in 5 years Sasha & Alexa will be the 2 top women fighting tooth and nail for the title.

Just a long term prediction based on their respective ages.
So, I don't know if you knew this when you asked, but I'm bonkers and I have crafted a really detailed long form plan for how I would build their rivalry. So for the short answer to your question, three single matches and Asuka wins the feud. Now, I think their are two ways to go with the feud, either few matches spaced apart or the other idea would be to basically have them feud all year. I think I could get behind the latter, but I prefer the former and my idea revolves around that concept.
Dude...love the long term booking idea...and I'm going to click that follow option now.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
In my opinion there's only one match that the "Womens Revolution" actually needs. Alexa Bliss vs. Charlotte or Bayley or Sasha or Becky where Alexa just gets squashed and buried in like a minute. The best way to signify the Revolution is legit is to distance it from the Divas of the past. Alexa is a Diva in every way; hot blonde that cant work even a decent match. If they signify her time is done and the actual workers are here to stay thats what the Revolution needs. Because as it stands the Bliss push is just undoing everything the Horsewomen did and sending the division back to the Darkest days of the Divas era with horrific booking, worse segments and unwatchable piss break matches between a bunch of terrible characters.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Alexa is a Diva in every way; hot blonde that cant work even a decent match.
I don't know...her first televised match against Becky Lynch on SmackDown
last year was pretty good...and the Tables match between the 2 was...okay.

I think Alexa can work...she just needs to find someone who can bring out
the best in her. Now the automatic response to that would be Sasha Banks...

But...

It appears Sasha Banks is stuck trying to get the ratings up for 205 Live
while Alexa is now going to be feuding with Nia Jax.

So...are we turning Alexa face? Or is Nia the face? Who are we meant
to cheer for? I mean I honestly don't care what happens...and I haven't
really cared for Alexa since she joined RAW and took Sasha's spot.

Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax at a Pay Per View...that sounds like a disaster
waiting to happen.

Let's take possibly the worst two female workers on RAW and have them
feud with each other while Mickie James, Bayley & Emma do nothing and
Summer Rae can't even get on TV.

Ugh...

Look...I think Alexa "looks/acts" like a "Diva" but I think she has better in-ring
skills than the "Dark Era" Divas did...and hopefully she will continue to improve.

She is only 25 years old.

I also just want to state that I'm 110% positive that any woman wrestler on the
roster could easily kick my ass and I respect all of them as athletes.

I just believe some have a much higher level of ring skills than some others.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't know...her first televised match against Becky Lynch on SmackDown
last year was pretty good...and the Tables match between the 2 was...okay.

I think Alexa can work...she just needs to find someone who can bring out
the best in her. Now the automatic response to that would be Sasha Banks...

But...

It appears Sasha Banks is stuck trying to get the ratings up for 205 Live
while Alexa is now going to be feuding with Nia Jax.

So...are we turning Alexa face? Or is Nia the face? Who are we meant
to cheer for? I mean I honestly don't care what happens...and I haven't
really cared for Alexa since she joined RAW and took Sasha's spot.

Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax at a Pay Per View...that sounds like a disaster
waiting to happen.

Let's take possibly the worst two female workers on RAW and have them
feud with each other while Mickie James, Bayley & Emma do nothing and
Summer Rae can't even get on TV.

Ugh...

Look...I think Alexa "looks/acts" like a "Diva" but I think she has better in-ring
skills than the "Dark Era" Divas did...and hopefully she will continue to improve.

She is only 25 years old.

I also just want to state that I'm 110% positive that any woman wrestler on the
roster could easily kick my ass and I respect all of them as athletes.

I just believe some have a much higher level of ring skills than some others.

I've tired of the Alexa Bliss Revolution. Her push on SmackDown was the point where that division started to turn bad, and her monster push on Raw is awful. Its not just Alexa's push by itself, but they make all the other women look like absolute idiots so Alexa looks even better by comparison. They killed Becky Lynch's potentially great run as Champion to put over Alexa. After Becky had been screwed over so much the logical storyline conclusion was for her to have a good, long run as Champ where she proves herself. Instead they booked Becky even worse, made her look useless and pushed Alexa way too fast. On Raw they had Bayley dethrone Charlotte, start the build to a Byaley v Sasha feud and then just threw all that away and buried Bayley to make Alexa look good. That really urks me, Charlotte had to cheat her ass off to beat Bayley but Alexa can just squash her, makes no sense.

I still haven't been impressed by a match from Alexa. While even Kelly, Eve Torres, Candice Michelle and co. had a match here and there that impressed me. Alexa is dragging the quality down and WWE book the division like a Divas division again; unwatchable WOAT tier segments, and the definition of piss break matches. Alexa doesn't warrant a big push in this era. Its meant to be a time to take womens wrestling seriously and get higher quality matches, Alexa is the opposite of that, a hot blonde playing the generic bitchy heel role and putting on mediocre matches.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
They killed Becky Lynch's potentially great run as Champion to put over Alexa.
Becky's run as champion was never going to be great...and the injury she suffered really hurt as
she missed her first PPV title defence because of it.
After Becky had been screwed over so much the logical storyline conclusion was for her to have a good, long run as Champ where she proves herself. Instead they booked Becky even worse, made her look useless and pushed Alexa way too fast.
I will agree Becky's booking as Champion was absolutely terrible...while Alexa looked unbeatable.
On Raw they had Bayley dethrone Charlotte, start the build to a Bayley vs. Sasha feud and then just threw all that away and buried Bayley to make Alexa look good. That really urks me, Charlotte had to cheat her ass off to beat Bayley but Alexa can just squash her, makes no sense.
I agree...but it was Bayley who had to cheat twice to defeat Charlotte (RAW title win and Fastlane)...
not the other way around. Charlotte actually crushed Bayley cleanly at the Royal Rumble if you remember.

Bayley's booking as Champion was awful...and it really isn't her fault. I stand by my statement...Bayley's
career is dead. Alexa put the final nail in the coffin at Extreme Rules...plus the crowds have started to
turn on her. Its just sad.
I still haven't been impressed by a match from Alexa. While even Kelly, Eve Torres, Candice Michelle and co. had a match here and there that impressed me. Alexa is dragging the quality down and WWE book the division like a Divas division again; unwatchable WOAT tier segments, and the definition of piss break matches. Alexa doesn't warrant a big push in this era. Its meant to be a time to take women's wrestling seriously and get higher quality matches, Alexa is the opposite of that, a hot blonde playing the generic bitchy heel role and putting on mediocre matches.
Originally when Alexa debuted...I was happy for the WWE to push new talent and give Alexa a run with
the SmackDown title...but I believe we have reached the point of over pushing now...and Alexa hasn't
improved enough as far as her in-ring work goes to warrant said push.

I don't class Alexa as a "Diva" but she better improve shortly...or some people (who aren't blinded by
her beautiful face and backside) will start calling her Dana Brooke 2.0.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I honestly think anyone but Tamina. I don't mean to seem harsh to her...but I think there is no benefit to
Tamina claiming the briefcase. May-be if she was ten years younger...and the crowds actually responded
to her.

I'm currently working on a list of possible cash-in/booking options for the Women's Money in the Bank...
and they'll be posted in a couple of days...and most of my in-depth opinions will be posted there.

Oh I agree that there's no benefit to Tamina winning but I could honestly see WWE doing it just to troll us. Kinda like how they initially debuted her on Smackdown through a troll. I don't really see her winning it either but I wouldn't be to surprised if WWE pulled the trigger on her.

I understand Nia has the "size" but...she doesn't have the in-ring skill...and frankly...she's boring
to watch. Seriously...they should call her "3 Move Nia"

I actually can't stand Man on Woman violence and intergender matches make me very uncomfortable...
I swear the first season of Lucha Underground was like torture for me...cause I love Sexy Star...but I don't
want to see her getting smacked in the head with a chair or speared by some giant masked brawler.

I guess I just want Charlotte to achieve everything she possibly can...I admire her as a performer and without
seeing an image of her online...I woud never have come back to wrestling.

Oh yeah, I agree on Nia Jax. I didn't give her the nudge because I think she's great or anything. I liked her role in the fatal four way match at Mania but that's more or less it. I personally don't really have any issues with intergender matches of men/women violence (at least in terms of wrestling) but I'm not necessarily clamoring for WWE to bring it back. However, it really annoys me how much Mayrse ends up cutting the balls of any wrestler who's feuding with The Miz (unless they got a women like John Cena). It's not bad for all wrestlers but it really doesn't make much sense that the Lunatic Fringe who forgets that low-blows are disqualifications when provoked has enough composure to kept chivalry with Maryse. This is tangential though so moving on.

Which is why some kind of Women's Royal Rumble at Mania would be great so everyone gets a run and it
would possibly set up a future title feud. Let's say whoever wins the Women's Rumble gets a shot at either
the RAW or SmackDown title at SummerSlam. Again...just an idea.

The Alexa/Trish match idea stems mainly from the huge push Alexa is getting and I do believe the WWE is
positioning her to be the Alpha Female eventually once Charlotte has retired and Asuka has had he main
roster run.

I have a feeling in 5 years Sasha & Alexa will be the 2 top women fighting tooth and nail for the title.

Just a long term prediction based on their respective ages.

I'm not typically a huge fan of the throw them all in matches at Mania and I don't think WWE would let the reward take that long to get but if well-built that could definitely be a cool idea.

And I kinda feel WWE is already positioning her to be Alpha Female but it's hard to tell because both Raw and Smackdown have different writers, and Smackdown actually feels like booking a division than a one woman show. Since the Alexa Bliss conversation got brought up in this thread since my last post, I'll just say I don't think it's anything like returning to the pre-Women's Revolution and more of WWE applying their booking style to the women, which is to say, the one on top is the one with the best personality/charisma. Pretty much any era in WWE, the top guy has never been the best from an in-ring perspective but they'd be pretty hard to top in terms of mic skills (granted, Roman is neither the best on the mic or in the ring but he's got the looks, which is a third factor I've ignored). As far as I've seen (since I heard heel Sasha was great on NXT) nobody on the main roster is as natural on the mic as she in, and I'd even say there's few males better than her here. Her feud with Bayley, at least post-Payback, was terrible more because the WWE writers for some bizarre reason think Bayley's character should have the mental capacity of a five year old than Alexa Bliss over-booking imo. Though yeah, I do agree they're pushing her a bit too hard and I've lost interest in the Raw Women's division for the time-being.

Dude...love the long term booking idea...and I'm going to click that follow option now.

Awesome, glad to hear it. Had a field day thinking that one up. Guess this site is twitter now too, I'll follow back.