• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Top 10 Biggest Stars of All Time

Crayo

The Boss
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Hogan being #1 isn't even a question. If you went up to 1,000 people on the street and asked them to name a wrestler 999 would name Hogan.

No they wouldn't, they'd say Cena now. Don't be ignorant, of course it's a question. The majority will say Austin is #1 I can almost guarantee that but it's still up for grabs, it's an opinionated poll.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Honestly, more people recognize the Rock than anyone else. He was a big star in the biggest era, and had more sex appeal and non-wrestling fan appeal than Austin.

Crayo

The Boss
Now'adays no one would know who Hulk Hogan is. Not the younger generation anwyay >18

John Cena is a global star, even outside of wrestling (in US more so). Not saying he's more popular than Hogan was obviously, and now it's obviously Rock who's the biggest (and has surpassed Hogan imo).

But out of this list and strictly wrestling, Austin > All.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
You are really selling Hogan short brother. But I wouldn't expect anything else from you on a subject pertaining to him TBH. Cena might have some fame out of wrestling, but not nearly as much as you are making it out to be. No way of knowing for sure obviously, I can only speak from what I see and hear.

Crayo

The Boss
Dolph'sZiggler said:
You are really selling Hogan short brother. But I wouldn't expect anything else from you on a subject pertaining to him TBH. Cena might have some fame out of wrestling, but not nearly as much as you are making it out to be. No way of knowing for sure obviously, I can only speak from what I see and hear.

As you say, none of us know. I've already said it's not on Hogan's level so why diverse the conversation that way? You can't compare popularity with a current superstar and a superstar from the past. Wrestling was cool years ago. Now, it's incredibly uncool to be a wrestling fan. Cena was right this past RAW.

I'm not selling Hogan short, I dislike the guy, everyone knows that, but I don't use my hatred to be bias. I still respect HHH's in ring career and I dislike him more than Hogan. You just overrate Hogan and get angry when I disagree. Rock is a global global star. When you talk about mega-fame you talk about famous actresses/actors, he's one of them, he's a movie star. He (in my opinion) has surpassed anyone's celebrity status from wrestling.

Dolph'sZiggler

Crayo said:
As you say, none of us know. I've already said it's not on Hogan's level so why diverse the conversation that way? You can't compare popularity with a current superstar and a superstar from the past. Wrestling was cool years ago. Now, it's incredibly uncool to be a wrestling fan. Cena was right this past RAW.

I'm not selling Hogan short, I dislike the guy, everyone knows that, but I don't use my hatred to be bias. I still respect HHH's in ring career and I dislike him more than Hogan. You just overrate Hogan and get angry when I disagree. Rock is a global global star. When you talk about mega-fame you talk about famous actresses/actors, he's one of them, he's a movie star. He (in my opinion) has surpassed anyone's celebrity status from wrestling.

lol how do I get angry? I've made it perfectly clear on numerous occasions that I'm more than happy to agree to disagree with you. Hogan was in Rocky III, Hogan had his own string of action movies, had a reality show on VH1 in the mid 2000s.. he is much bigger than you are giving him credit for in my humble opinion.

Crayo

The Boss
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Hogan was in Rocky III, Hogan had his own string of action movies, had a reality show on VH1 in the mid 2000s.. he is much bigger than you are giving him credit for in my humble opinion.

Yeah he had a part, not a big part, a part, had his own reality show fair enough. He had one recently too, it's not really hard now'adays to get one, it was a massive flop. Rock was a leading star in Fast 5, is the lead in GI Joe, Journey 3 just broke 300 million sales. Hogan never got to that stage in hollywood. Times were different though. I probably do underrate Hogan's star power as I was not too old when he became a massive star per say, well, not old enough to care anyway.

If we are talking about the biggest stars who have come out of wrestling then Rock has to be #1, that's my opinion. Rock will be in so many more massive movies, he's going to be in fast 6 that's for sure. If we're talking about biggest stars in wrestling then again in my opinion Austin is that guy. He defined the biggest era in pro wrestling (most popular too), he carried the company on his back during tough times and took it to the most popular it's ever been. Also he was a more complete star, he was an absolute beast on the mic, a beast in the ring and had the look to be the best.

I do dislike Hogan but that doesn't cloud my judgement, I'm not immature enough to derail someone because of my personal feelings about them lol. I do think he is overrated though - probably because he talks about how "good he was" every single day.

Dolph'sZiggler

I'm not arguing against the Rock. I'm fine with anyone putting him at #1. He and Hogan are 1,2 in my eyes regardless of who you want to put at 1

I will disagree with SCSA being #1 within the confines of wrestling though. Hogan was the biggest star in wrestling history in the WWE, went to WCW and put it on the map, and his heel turn was able to do something never done before and never done since, which is move WWE to #2. Austin came back and took the throne back for WWE from WCW 2 years later, but I'd put him behind Hogan as far as biggest icons within wrestling, and maybe Flair as well.

pwilsonlf3

Jobber
Austin
Rock
Randy Savage
Hogan
Ric Flair
Sting
Cena
HBK
Bret Hart
Andre the Giant

For female I'd say Stacy Keibler, because now the world knows her as George Clooneys girlfriend.

Goldberg

The Artiste
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I have to agree with you on this completely.

If we are going by what random people on the street know about wrestling, they would say they know both Hogan and Cena. Also, in my opinion Hogan is the biggest star in wrestling and so is Rock because of his movie history.

My list:
Hogan
Cena
Undertaker
SCSA
Triple H
Rock
Flair
Bret Hart
Brock?

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Goldberg said:
I have to agree with you on this completely.

If we are going by what random people on the street know about wrestling, they would say they know both Hogan and Cena. Also, in my opinion Hogan is the biggest star in wrestling and so is Rock because of his movie history.

My list:
Hogan
Cena
Undertaker
SCSA
Triple H
Rock
Flair
Bret Hart
Brock?

Don't be afraid to put yourself on the list, brother! :laugh:

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Don't like lists, but the nicest :

Cena
Goldberg
Rey
Christian

All those ppl r really nice and have heard great things, if they aren't real busy.