The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Game Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I have fun with DBD but I feel it gets repetitive and some of the players make the game not as fun. If you have 3 friends it's extremely fun to play.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I still have never played Dead by Daylight.

Like Brandon though, I'm not a fan of first person games in general. Although I am trying to expand my horizons.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1

This isn't just a quick cash in attempt on the back of the new series. If it was they wouldn't have got Kane Hodder.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
They used Kane Hodder for the Friday the 13th game.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
At least they knew to use him again. He’s the King.

• Love

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
They used Kane Hodder for the Friday the 13th game.

Fo sho, playing Jason was pretty fun the little I tried it and I loved Hodder's potrayal. I know it's not a popular take on the internet, but I absolutely love Jason X. It's crazy over-the-top but has some of my favourite kills in the series. I get why people don't vibe with it, but I appreciated they tried to do something unique with the setting.

Reactions: TroyTheAverage

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Fo sho, playing Jason was pretty fun the little I tried it and I loved Hodder's potrayal. I know it's not a popular take on the internet, but I absolutely love Jason X. It's crazy over-the-top but has some of my favourite kills in the series. I get why people don't vibe with it, but I appreciated they tried to do something unique with the setting.

Jason X is my favorite Friday The 13th movie out of all of them. I don't count FvJ in that.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The thing that really irks me is they were super close to finishing the Jason X skin on that game and even had it in the showcase they added, and they knew the whole time when the deadline was for new content that would be deadlocked by the lawsuit and they had plenty of advanced warning so they could have easily finished it if they devoted the time to, but they folded.

at the very least even if we never got another map, at least we would have had all the canon Jason skins.

Reactions: TroyTheAverage

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
More footage, and it looks insanely good, tbh. Very faithful to the movie locations.

Actually looks like a movie visually. Blowing me away.

Reactions: Stellar and Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Gun Interactive has taken to Twitter this week to share a map from their upcoming The Texas Chain Saw Massacre video game, giving us our first look at one of the playable spaces.

The team notes, “You’ve seen the screenshots, you’ve seen the side by side. Now take a closer look at the playable space on The Family House map in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.”

Gun Interactive goes on to tease this morning, “Stay tuned all this week for a look at The Gas Station and Slaughterhouse, as well as an upcoming Hub post!”

The game will feature classic villains from the movies as well as new family members, and the events of the Chain Saw game will take place *before* Tobe Hooper’s original classic.

Kane Hodder is playing Leatherface, and Ed Neal, who played the Hitchhiker in Tobe Hooper’s original horror classic, will be reprising the role in the upcoming game.

Here’s the plot synopsis: “A group of five young adults led by Ana Flores set out to search for her missing sister. What they found was terror beyond their wildest nightmares.”

Reactions: Hook

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Looks awesome hope they make a phantasm and nightmare on street game as well
Nightmare on Elm Street could be really sweet with these kind of graphics. Be even better if they convinced Robert Englund to voice Freddy.

Would love to see them recreate some of the iconic locations, because I'm seriously impressed how this looks better than the film visually.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Gun Interactive’s The Texas Chain Saw Massacre video game is slashing our way next year, with Leatherface (duh!), the Cook and the Hitchhiker already confirmed as characters.

Also in the mix? Players will have to deal with Grandpa Sawyer, the oldest member of the family introduced in Tobe Hooper’s original classic. But what role will Grandpa play?

While Leatherface and the other members of the family will likely be the ones doing the slashing, Gun teases this afternoon that Grandpa’s role will be a little bit different.

“Hammer us with your theories on Grandpa’s role,” the team tweeted out today, leading fans to speculate on various different ways the character may be involved in the gameplay.

“You gotta feed him!” one fan guessed, while another wondered if he’ll be serving as something of a “monitor/alert” system. Several other fans have guessed that Grandpa will be included as “a way of finishing off survivors,” with other family members presenting captured players to Grandpa in much the same fashion he was utilized in Hooper’s 1974 nightmare.

The game will feature classic villains from the movies as well as new family members, and the events of the Chain Saw game will take place *before* Tobe Hooper’s original classic.

Kane Hodder is playing Leatherface, and Ed Neal, who played the Hitchhiker in Tobe Hooper’s original horror classic, will be reprising the role in the upcoming game.

Here’s the plot synopsis: “A group of five young adults led by Ana Flores set out to search for her missing sister. What they found was terror beyond their wildest nightmares.”