The Shield's Next Steps

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I feel swerved because I whole-heartedly expected Ambrose to betray The Shield at some point, didn't suspect Rollins at all. I look forward to seeing where this feud will go for the next month or two now that it has completely switched tracks.

As for the idea of Rollins doing it to get a guaranteed title match with The Authority backing him, that's on the table at this point and it's a cool idea once The Shield feud is done. I disagree that there's a lack of credible heels to challenge Bryan though. WWE already have a ready-made player in Cesaro along with Paul Heyman. Hell, Bad News Barrett could be launched to the main event as soon as gets away from the IC belt. But the Rollins thing is still a good idea. I might even prefer that actually.

Reactions: Cwalker

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
It looks like WWE are actually thinking about contenders for Bryan, finally!

After Kane you couldn't really see anything very interesting, apart from maybe Orton/Bryan or Batista/Bryan before he left but that would of got tedious fast, A Rollins/Bryan rivalry would be brill, would definitely be a match worth watching there. I can see Ambrose being phased out as Reigns seems to be lined up to go on-on-one with HHH, bye bye Ambrose and no more main events for you it seems.

I would love to catch a match with Regins vs HHH, it would be epic! I think Ambrose has the best chance though of really making it big, because his character and technique is so unique. There is nobody like Ambrose on the roster, but im sure he will be a mid-carder for a bit.

Where exactly would Ambrose go? He is the better talker of that group and the bitches love him. Not sure why the thought of a Kevin Von Erich or Buddy Roberts should make anyone think all 3 members of The Shield won't go on to be top stars. They all offered something different, Ambrose could have a great feud with Bray Wyatt after this, could anyone imagine the Shielkd guys taking up every quarter hour of Raw? That would fix WWE's star power right there.

YEA YEA YEA TITTY MASTER FOR LIFE

Oh man! Ambrose vs Wyatt would be insane!! I could only imagine the promos/matches they could have.

I feel swerved because I whole-heartedly expected Ambrose to betray The Shield at some point, didn't suspect Rollins at all. I look forward to seeing where this feud will go for the next month or two now that it has completely switched tracks.

As for the idea of Rollins doing it to get a guaranteed title match with The Authority backing him, that's on the table at this point and it's a cool idea once The Shield feud is done. I disagree that there's a lack of credible heels to challenge Bryan though. WWE already have a ready-made player in Cesaro along with Paul Heyman. Hell, Bad News Barrett could be launched to the main event as soon as gets away from the IC belt. But the Rollins thing is still a good idea. I might even prefer that actually.

They are just planting the seeds with Rollins, let him get some heat. I doubt he will be running for the belt anytime soon though, only time will tell. Who knows, maybe Ambrose will get launched into the main title picture...that would be an interesting swerve

Last edited by a moderator:

Pepe the Cholo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I personally think @ThatGuyFromNukemHigh is on to something with his idea that Rollins is a mole. Whatever they go with though, I hope they don't add another member to The Shield. Maybe a partner for a one time thing, but definitely not a full-time member.

That would be awesome. I can imagine Reigns be like "No, Triple H, you didn't win." and Ambrose will be all like "Rollins, you hit me too hard you bastard" before they attack Evolution.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
That would be awesome. I can imagine Reigns be like "No, Triple H, you didn't win." and Ambrose will be all like "Rollins, you hit me too hard you bastard" before they attack Evolution.

I can see it perfectly...

SanSooFighter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I think once the Shield is completely done with and all three guys are on their own, all three have the potential to have great singles careers. As I mentioned before, Ambrose has all the tools to be the top heel within the company for many years if given the chance. Seth Rollins obviously has that "Jeff Hardy Appeal" that many casual, female, and kid fans will follow. Reigns seems to already have the backing behind the scenes and has admittedly improved quite a bit in a short amount of time. I'm pretty excited to see where all of this leads for all three members, they spiced things up and made much of the last year and a half interesting and entertaining as a group and I think they can do the same as singles competitors.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Tbh, I don't want to see this 'mole' idea as to me at least, it doesn't make sense. Why would they want / need a mole to get HHH alone when they've just beaten Evolution in back to back PPV's and now they're down to 2 with Batista quitting. Sure it would make for an interesting story arc but I just think it's swerving for the sake of swerving and would do more harm than good.

I enjoyed the Seth turn though as it was genuinely a shocker as I think most people expected Ambrose to be the one to turn heel on the group. I hope he continues to get a strong push and focus in this new role as I do believe the guy was seriously overlooked by people for long parts of his tenure with The Shield. He was often seen as the third wheel but that couldn't have been further from the truth as the more time went on, the more he became a focal point.

I'm guessing he goes over Ambrose soon, which leads to Reigns over Rollins which then leads to Reigns/HHH

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Tbh, I don't want to see this 'mole' idea as to me at least, it doesn't make sense. Why would they want / need a mole to get HHH alone when they've just beaten Evolution in back to back PPV's and now they're down to 2 with Batista quitting. Sure it would make for an interesting story arc but I just think it's swerving for the sake of swerving and would do more harm than good.

I enjoyed the Seth turn though as it was genuinely a shocker as I think most people expected Ambrose to be the one to turn heel on the group. I hope he continues to get a strong push and focus in this new role as I do believe the guy was seriously overlooked by people for long parts of his tenure with The Shield. He was often seen as the third wheel but that couldn't have been further from the truth as the more time went on, the more he became a focal point.

I'm guessing he goes over Ambrose soon, which leads to Reigns over Rollins which then leads to Reigns/HHH

Where to do you see Ambrose fitting in?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Honestly I'm not entirely sure as I've barely been impressed by the guy his whole run so far. Amongst the people who'd watched him prior to the WWE, they were all confident he was going to be the star of the group and it sort of looked that way at first when he was getting the singles matches against Undertaker and what not but as time went on I honestly felt he became the clear third wheel. Reigns & Rollins have completely overshadowed him in the ring and to some extent his mic time seemed to be cut down aswell because Seth has been speaking a hell of a lot more.

Just all depends on how much freedom he is given after The Shield is over because even though I'm not a fan of him, he does have a quirky presence and some mic skills that the WWE will be able to tap into.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Agree with Dale that the mole idea doesn't make much sense. They've beaten them twice, and Batista is gone, there's no need to take them down from the inside.

The only thing that will justify Rollins joining Evolution is if Triple H abuses his power and pushes him to the top. Having been beaten by The Shield twice already there's really no other reasonable explanation as to why he'd jump ship.

It's hard to see what they're going to do though. I imagine this heel turn was only brought up a few days before Raw (if even) so I doubt they have a full blown idea of what they want to do next. Because of that I have a feeling the turn will end up lacking any real sense.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
This is more and more brilliant with each passing day. WWE did what the fans least expected, and I'm so thankful for that fact, because they hardly ever get stuff like this right.

While people here are posting how they're sure Ambrose and Reigns are the "next big things"... they're also acting like Rollins is just, meh. He has more versatility than Jeff Hardy already, so calling him Hardy 2.0 because of his risk-taking is a bit disgusting. Rollins isn't just some chump... but he needed something more to really set himself apart from the other 2... and this is a great start at it (if they're not doing the mole gimmick).

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's hard to see what they're going to do though. I imagine this heel turn was only brought up a few days before Raw (if even) so I doubt they have a full blown idea of what they want to do next. Because of that I have a feeling the turn will end up lacking any real sense.
I don't think this was some 11th hour turn, the commentary team have been building him up as the architect and glue of the group since before Mania.......Nobody remember him walking out before this?

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Him walking out on them was back when they were about to break the group up. They also had Reigns and Ambrose turning on each other at that point.

I doubt this has been a plan for months.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ambrose and Reigns didn't walk out on the team like Rollins did. All they did was exchange some dirty looks and talked some shit, brothers hug, and sometimes brothers fight.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
It was still all got to do with another storyline. They were plating seeds for a break up and then scratched in the end it for whatever reason. I just don't think they were looking that far down the line.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Because WWE just throws shit together 5 minutes before the shows start right? Why would commentary go out of their way to big up Rollins the past couple of months when they barely put over anything on commentary? Seems like they are prepped to make Rollins look like the leader and making his turn even more impactful.....nahhhh.