The Shield and their finishers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
70bda8bf4076350af9020fb32917398f.jpg

The Shield has been around for a while now. They have wrestled a couple of matches and won all their tags, Seth's singles matches ending uncleanly. so let's discuss their finishing moves. Since they are a group they have both individual moves and the triple powerbomb which helped them bust onto the scene. But do you think that their moves fit them? Let's take a look at their finishing moves.

There's the powerbomb which they use as a group:

Then we have Roman with the spear:

Seth is the guy who if you count the NXT run has the most finishers.
There's Black out:

The Skywalker, which debuted right around the time of the Shield:

And the flying knee which I can't find a good video of but most have seen on RAW, Smackdown and PPV.

Dean is tricky since he has yet to showcase a move that can count as his finisher since the start of NXT. His one match which he go the pin in was finished by Reigns so I guess we cannot comment on any current finisher of his.

Does the powerbomb still work for the Shield or do they need to debut a new triple move?

Is the spear fitting for Roman?

Does the Skywalker, black out and knee fit Seth?

Do you think they should use any other moves instead?

What kind of move would you see Dean use as his finisher?

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well as far as Reigns is concerned i think the spear fits him perfectly but TBH i don't really like the triple powerbomb it looks impressive when done on the announcers table but in the ring it just looks like Roman is doing a simple powerbomb and the other two are watching him

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Do you feel that their finishers suit them? Is the powerbomb a good enough collective move, is the spear fitting for Reigns? Or would you change it up somehow?

Does the powerbomb still work for the Shield or do they need to debut a new triple move?

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

TOO MANY QUESTIONS

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Does the powerbomb still work for the Shield or do they need to debut a new triple move? I'd like to see another move

Is the spear fitting for Roman? I think a spinebuster or something similar would fit more than the spear

Does the Skywalker, black out and knee fit Seth? I really like Seth so I'll say yes, what I don't like is the role he actually has in The Shield

Do you think they should use any other moves instead? Instead of the triple power bomb I think it'd be better using a triple submission hold, like Nexus did

What kind of move would you see Dean use as his finisher? A submission finisher, is the only thing the group doesn't have, effective submission finishers

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think all of their finishers are alright. The powerbomb normally doesn't look that strong but it's good considering it has to involve three people and they're able to hit it on everyone. Ambrose I'm not sure what he could use as a finisher, didn't he use that Midnight Special thing on the indies/FCW?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Does the powerbomb still work for the Shield or do they need to debut a new triple move? It's fine. They should use more teamwork moves, but the powerbomb is a great ending and the move is over.

Is the spear fitting for Roman? Definitely. He hits it perfectly.

Does the Skywalker, black out and knee fit Seth? Needs to make one his main finisher, and have two signatures. Personally, I want black out.

Do you think they should use any other moves instead? Nope. Dean needs to use something quick with an impact though.

What kind of move would you see Dean use as his finisher? No idea.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The triple powerbomb is a great finisher for the group. I know Reigns could simply perform it himself (except for needing help to lift someone as big as Big Show) but when the other two are helping bring the guy down faster (or at least it looks like it), it looks like it has more maximum impact... Similar to Undertaker's Last Ride, where he would lift them even higher by their tights before slamming them.

Besides, what other move could they use as a group? Except for just hitting all three of their finishers on their victims one at a time.

On their own, Roman Reigns has a sick spear and he should own that. I could see him using the powerbomb as a second finisher in the future. It just fits big guys like him.

Out of all the moves listed and shown, the Skywalker is the best finisher for Seth Rollins. Still kinda weird for a finisher, but better looking than the other two.

Dean Amborse could use a DDT for a finisher. I don't mean the Impaler DDT that Edge used, but rather Jake Robert's DDT that could be sprung out of nowhere. Either would be fine, I guess. Could ping pong back and forth between them.

Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
The triple powerbomb is a great finisher for the group. I know Reigns could simply perform it himself (except for needing help to lift someone as big as Big Show) but when the other two are helping bring the guy down faster (or at least it looks like it), it looks like it has more maximum impact... Similar to Undertaker's Last Ride, where he would lift them even higher by their tights before slamming them.

Besides, what other move could they use as a group? Except for just hitting all three of their finishers on their victims one at a time.

On their own, Roman Reigns has a sick spear and he should own that. I could see him using the powerbomb as a second finisher in the future. It just fits big guys like him.

Out of all the moves listed and shown, the Skywalker is the best finisher for Seth Rollins. Still kinda weird for a finisher, but better looking than the other two.

Dean Amborse could use a DDT for a finisher. I don't mean the Impaler DDT that Edge used, but rather Jake Robert's DDT that could be sprung out of nowhere. Either would be fine, I guess. Could ping pong back and forth between them.
I highly doubt Roman could powerbomb Ryback shield style by himself. There is a serious problem going on with people believing in the shield's abilities WAY too much

:pity:

Stopspot said:
70bda8bf4076350af9020fb32917398f.jpg

The Shield has been around for a while now. They have wrestled a couple of matches and won all their tags, Seth's singles matches ending uncleanly. so let's discuss their finishing moves. Since they are a group they have both individual moves and the triple powerbomb which helped them bust onto the scene. But do you think that their moves fit them? Let's take a look at their finishing moves.

There's the powerbomb which they use as a group:

Then we have Roman with the spear:

Seth is the guy who if you count the NXT run has the most finishers.
There's Black out:

The Skywalker, which debuted right around the time of the Shield:

And the flying knee which I can't find a good video of but most have seen on RAW, Smackdown and PPV.

Dean is tricky since he has yet to showcase a move that can count as his finisher since the start of NXT. His one match which he go the pin in was finished by Reigns so I guess we cannot comment on any current finisher of his.

I think the shield needs a couple more triple finishers, considering the're almost always all in the ring at the same time

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
the googergeiger said:
I highly doubt Roman could powerbomb Ryback shield style by himself. There is a serious problem going on with people believing in the shield's abilities WAY too much

I'm pretty sure Reigns could powerbomb Ryback all by himself, yes.

Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
I'm pretty sure Reigns could powerbomb Ryback all by himself, yes.

Reigns could not pull 291 pounds of pure muscle up over his shoulders and slam him down with power. Yes, he could obviously do this to orton, or maybe sheamus, definitely Jericho, definitely not big show, cena, anyone can to db, and not kane. So no kane, no ryback, and no big show. deal with it

Stopspot

Reaction score
Roman could easily lift Ryback by himself. Same way as Cesaro easily could lift both Brodus and Khali. Effective strength instead of explosive strength (the kind of strength Ryback has).

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is Samoan. The dude can powerbomb a fucking bear.
:bitw:

Reactions: seabs

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
the googergeiger said:
Reigns could not pull 291 pounds of pure muscle up over his shoulders and slam him down with power. Yes, he could obviously do this to orton, or maybe sheamus, definitely Jericho, definitely not big show, cena, anyone can to db, and not kane. So no kane, no ryback, and no big show. deal with it

Big Show is the only guy out of those you named that Reigns couldn't powerbomb on his own, which is something I stated in my first post of the thread. He couldn't powerbomb Kane? Ryback? CENA? lol

Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
Big Show is the only guy out of those you named that Reigns couldn't powerbomb on his own, which is something I stated in my first post of the thread. He couldn't powerbomb Kane? Ryback? CENA? lol

I said he could powerbomb cena

Stopspot

Reaction score
A bit of a bump. But I found a move that would fit Rollins like a glove I think if he ever needed another move.

But would it be doable considering WWE's look on moves towards the head?