The Saga of Sasha Banks (and Naomi) Megathread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
on the topic of Moxley I don't think the issue was the strength of his booking more the creative direction in his character and lines he hated. I don't think he was actually booked like jobber, just shitty ass angles at times
Again, that last run in 2018 was the catalyst. The heel turn itself wasn’t shitty. It’s what they did with it

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
the aj elsworth feud was fun tho

It had it's moments but all Mox had as top champion in WWE was a feud with Ziggler that was 5th biggest on the card, a SHIELD triple threat that did not live up to the hype that match should have and then losing the title straight to AJ. Compare that to his SHIELD brothers who are great too and you see how much lesser Mox was treated.

Dude won the title in like June and lost it in September. What’re you talking about?

And they kept him in the title picture til the end of that year.

If you are telling me that was a good title reign, I'm laughing at you. I forgot about the SHIELD triple threat which says it all because that should have been a WM main event worthy match. Feuding with Ziggler who was ice cold at that point and only became hot thanks to a feud with Miz at the 2nd biggest PPV of the summer sums up Mox's booking. He was never booked close to Rollins and Roman

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Again, that last run in 2018 was the catalyst. The heel turn itself wasn’t shitty. It’s what they did with it
for sure, as I said it's the sum of how creative works that frustrated him. I don't think he particularly loved a lot of his lines and promos and that it took forever to get new lines approved. He basically didn't like the writers and dealing with Vince. He's not a recite and act type guy which is why I think he was really unhappy. I agree with you he was still booked like a big deal

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

And that's the point. What they did with it. Same as his title reign. Same with the SHIELD triple threat. Mox had good moments but there was a ton of bad shit in there. See the Brock match as a prime example and why i'm still fairly anti brock to this day.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Btw hot take: Roman was pushed HARD but not booked well for a long time.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It had it's moments but all Mox had as top champion in WWE was a feud with Ziggler that was 5th biggest on the card, a SHIELD triple threat that did not live up to the hype that match should have and then losing the title straight to AJ. Compare that to his SHIELD brothers who are great too and you see how much lesser Mox was treated.

If you are telling me that was a good title reign, I'm laughing at you. I forgot about the SHIELD triple threat which says it all because that should have been a WM main event worthy match. Feuding with Ziggler who was ice cold at that point and only became hot thanks to a feud with Miz at the 2nd biggest PPV of the summer sums up Mox's booking. He was never booked close to Rollins and Roman
I never said the reign was good because imo he’s ass as a wrestler. But let’s not act like he was treated poorly. His reign didn’t get over; it happens.

He didn’t get booked like Reigns or Rollins because guess what…

He’s not as good as Reigns or Rollins.

But in his entire run, he was treated like a geek. His last 3-4 months just really fucking sucked

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I never said the reign was good because imo he’s ass as a wrestler. But let’s not act like he was treated poorly. His reign didn’t get over; it happens.

He didn’t get booked like Reigns or Rollins because guess what…

He’s not as good as Reigns or Rollins.

But in his entire run, he was treated like a geek. His last 3-4 months just really fucking sucked

If you are telling me that getting Dolph Ziggler at Summerslam as WORLD CHAMPION in 2016 is being booked well, OK. That would be like giving Roman Reigns Ricochet as challenger at this year's Summerslam. Mox was treated like a geek on several occasions and was not booked like a main eventer when the crowd were clearly massively into him like Roman and Rollins have been.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
:francis Hey, hey….no Ziggler slander around here pal!

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
  • Wow
Reactions: Y2Jayne

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
:francis Hey, hey….no Ziggler slander around here pal!

I like Ziggler btw but in 2016 pre-Miz feud, he was a geek and basically a low-midcarder. That doesn't mean I think he sucks but WWE booking had killed him and that was 6 years ago

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
You just made the book!

Since I’m not taking your list thingy. I got a book.
I’m convinced you don’t even like him anymore…

You’re just loyal

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Dolph Ziggler is a perfect mid-card guy and there is nothing wrong with that. I always liked Ziggler but hell, I'd push Bobby Roode over him if it was my choice.

Reactions: Cwalker