The Ryback vs The Undertaker?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Punk was a great selection because of his safe style... it preserved the Undertaker in such a way he was willing to work a match with the Shield (whom he is very high on)

Physical workers like Brock, Triple H and Ryback put a grind on Undertaker's health so it would really have to be worth it for him... I see no payoff with a Brock feud, particularly with the deadman incarnaation... ABA Taker is a different feud altogether

If its $ you want, do Brock.... otherwise pick the most deserving guy... guys like Cesaro (who needs better build... starting now), Ziggler, Ambrose or Bray Wyatt... guys who deserve that kind of rub whether they win or not

Reactions: Snowman1

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I like Ryback and all, but there's no way he's at the caliber to get the coveted Mania match with Taker.

TheShadowSoulja

Champion
Reaction score
I like Ryback and all, especially bully Ryback, but he is not at the level where he should be the guy facing Undertaker, and to be honest, by the time he gets there Taker may already be retired.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Ryback is good as a comedy character (intentional or not) but he's just lame as a serious "monster", I can't get into him unless he's doing silly backstage promos and/or making hilarious autistic faces. No way in hell should this even be considered.

Reactions: JC4Life37

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The match would be huge for Ryback's career, even with him losing the match... but there is far more money in either John Cena or Brock Lesnar. To make the big 30th Wrestlemania the biggest draw possible, he needs to be put with one of those guys. IMO, because his time is very limited, he should only face the big names at Wrestlemania at this point (to make his match feel as epic as possible) UNLESS he's gonna lose, which he isn't.

Dolphbk

Jobber
Reaction score
That to me is a.discrace , Undertaker is at the point to where only the best that hasnt faced him before at wm should do it. I think hes last few matches should be with cena,rock,brock,sting or d-bry! Maybe a shield member with proper build up!

Pickle Dick

Jobber
Reaction score
I say hell no. Ryback is not at that level yet, and may never be.

Im sure its the goal of many guys to get in the ring with Taker at any WM. There is a loooong list of guys who just didn't make the grade.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Ryback is a shit wrestler, Shit talker and has little charisma. There is no way this would be a good match, Not even Taker can carry him.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Totally agree with Lockard. There's only a few more years left of Taker so you may as well make them count... and, um, Ryback... I'm sorry, but you're not exactly what we're looking for as a challenger. But it's okay, there's an Axxess match with your name on it!

Want nothing to do with Brock/Taker, love JC's idea of Bray Wyatt going against the Deadman but there's no way they can build him up in time (I'd argue that Bray hasn't been disproven yet, but w/e)... Isn't Cena/Taker a dream match at this point?

Also a good point on Taker's body being a mess. No way you want Ryback's reckless ass anywhere near him.

Last edited:

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I would like Ambrose to face him, Nice brawling match, The storytelling and build would be fantastic imo.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I wouldn't pick Ryback. He's been booked into looking too bad these days, wish they'd build Wyatt up for it.