• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
The dumbest complaint I've ever heard against them as a state is that we'd have to print new flags :TI: Like oh no what a travesty would that be, shit just combine the Dakotas or something if it's that big of a deal :side:
I don't even think we'd need to do anything. Puerto Rico's flag has a single star on it. They can fly both flags as I think they do now.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
At least Puerto Ricans are citizens at birth, American Samoans don't even get that despite having the highest percentage of military enlistment of any state or territory.

Kross Rhodes

At least Puerto Ricans are citizens at birth, American Samoans don't even get that despite having the highest percentage of military enlistment of any state or territory.
I'm in favor of changing both of those facts. It would probably easier to at least start with making them U.S. Citizens, because I don't understand why they aren't already.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I'm in favor of changing both of those facts. It would probably easier to at least start with making them U.S. Citizens, because I don't understand why they aren't already.

They're considered "Nationals" and it isn't too hard for them to become citizens, I think they just have to live in the US for a short time (wanna say just a few months) and pass a citizenship test but I just don't see the point of those extra steps when other territories are considered citizens from birth. But yeah, I'm all in favor of them becoming states as long as they meet the population requirements but if they don't then territories deserve at least some voice in congress, maybe just one senator instead of two and a small number of representatives.

Sakura

I heard there is a recent request for a bill to make them the 51st state. I wholeheartedly support it.
Same here.

Honestly, I think it would be beneficial to most of the territories and everyone else to make them states.

I think it would be good from an economic standpoint, don't you?

Kross Rhodes

Same here.

Honestly, I think it would be beneficial to most of the territories and everyone else to make them states.

I think it would be good from an economic standpoint, don't you?
For sure. I understand there's some population concerns for smaller territories, but I feel most of them should be states.

You're either a part of the U.S. or you aren't, you know? It would definitely help the economy for sure.

Sakura

For sure. I understand there's some population concerns for smaller territories, but I feel most of them should be states.

You're either a part of the U.S. or you aren't, you know? It would definitely help the economy for sure.
I agree. I think the "territories" concept is dated, and no longer in the best interest of anyone.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
They probably would, unfortunately. But even then, most of them would get 1 or 2 electoral votes at most anyway.

I think it's more the extra dem senators they're worried about tho, not a presidential election. But once again "no taxation without representation" they deserve a voice even if they don't agree with you

Kross Rhodes

I think it's more the extra dem senators they're worried about tho, not a presidential election. But once again "no taxation without representation" they deserve a voice even if they don't agree with you
Agreed. Puerto Rico deserves it no matter what. That's where the population of the others comes into play. I don't think terorites with really, really small populations shouldn't get Senators. Maybe Reps for the House. It's really tricky.