The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That being said Boris is a fucking joke

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Tony Blair was a good leader , I enjoyed watching him
Ye he's probably the best we've had for a good while. Whilst not being a conservative, I didn't really mind Cameron as a leader either. Cant think of anybody else I've even remotely liked tho lmao

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Ye he's probably the best we've had for a good while. Whilst not being a conservative, I didn't really mind Cameron as a leader either. Cant think of anybody else I've even remotely liked tho lmao
Idk much about brit pol but Cameron >>>> may and boris. Pre brexit cons seemed a lot less nutty

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
That being said Boris is a fucking joke
Agreed. He wasn't elected in the first instance though, he replaced an outgoing leader who replaced another outgoing leader that was actually the one elected :bosque He got re-elected in 2019 (I think it was) pretty much on the back of everybody being sick to fucking death of hearing about brexit and him promising to get it done and dusted. He is a fucking joke though, embarrassing really.

At least he was actually a politician though so it wasn't an abomination that he was even up for election, which is more than can be said for Trump lmao.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Its a shame really because Boris was probably the rank worst person to have in power when it came to responding to a pandemic. It was shocking how piss poor everything was handled from beginning to end.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm guessing there's 0 way he gets re elected again w all the scandals but who knows. W war looming over Europe people also tend to go w familiarity

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I'm guessing there's 0 way he gets re elected again w all the scandals but who knows. W war looming over Europe people also tend to go w familiarity
I predict him being replaced in the run up to the next election. The plan is to probably keep him there to take all the flak whilst shit is hitting the fan and then bring in a new leader in time for election as Im pretty sure they're aware he is unelectable at this point. It also doesnt help that Labour doesnt exactly have a swell of support in recent times either and they really need to get their act together in order to ever be re-elected as a majority, if that's ever even possible. Think the best chance is going to be some form of coalition with Labour, Scottish National Party and the Lib Dems

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Labour party main issue is horrible leadership yes? Like they don't have a superstar candidate like Trudeau. ( love him or hate him the dude is charismatic as fuck n made of Teflon)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Or does their platform also suck / need improving

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
How much you wanna bet the ruskies influenced that brexit vote w their troll farms? Highly likely

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
How much you wanna bet the ruskies influenced that brexit vote w their troll farms? Highly likely
With what we know now then yeah it does seem highly likely lmao

With Labour yeah they do have a leadership problem for sure. There are no outstanding candidates. I believe Keir is doing ok now but he wasn't well received by any stretch when he got the gig. I think the party is largely just a mess in general though. A lot of their key personnel are just not up to scratch and I don't really think they have any kind of clear message for what they stand for. The old leader Corbyn (who suffered a pretty horrendous smear campaign) represented an outright left approach, whereas Keir is far more of a centrist. As was Blair. I think they've realised they stand a far greater chance of being elected by being more centre than left but Im not sure they really know what stances they want to take. One of the great missteps of the last election is they said they'd offer another referendum on brexit (which they did solely to offer an opposing stance to the Tories, who were pledging to "get brexit done", not many of their party even really believed it was the correct thing to do), people didn't want that at all. They wanted their vote to be respected and they wanted the whole ordeal to be fucking over lmao.

Although tbf I really don't follow politics all that closely, this is just the shit I pick up from the stuff I do occasionally read.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Brexit and Covid certainly changed the dynamic.

Bojo has become the liar you know, rather than the liars you don't, but really the Labour party has those that want to be more in the centre and Momentum that was Corybyn's schtick. Next GE - Boris is probably not even going to be the candidate for PM anyway.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Although, Theresa May's indecisions and general shiftiness - really ranks her as a worse PM in terms of leadership and decision, but it seems she has already been forgotten about

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
With what we know now then yeah it does seem highly likely lmao

With Labour yeah they do have a leadership problem for sure. There are no outstanding candidates. I believe Keir is doing ok now but he wasn't well received by any stretch when he got the gig. I think the party is largely just a mess in general though. A lot of their key personnel are just not up to scratch and I don't really think they have any kind of clear message for what they stand for. The old leader Corbyn (who suffered a pretty horrendous smear campaign) represented an outright left approach, whereas Keir is far more of a centrist. As was Blair. I think they've realised they stand a far greater chance of being elected by being more centre than left but Im not sure they really know what stances they want to take. One of the great missteps of the last election is they said they'd offer another referendum on brexit (which they did solely to offer an opposing stance to the Tories, who were pledging to "get brexit done", not many of their party even really believed it was the correct thing to do), people didn't want that at all. They wanted their vote to be respected and they wanted the whole ordeal to be fucking over lmao.

Although tbf I really don't follow politics all that closely, this is just the shit I pick up from the stuff I do occasionally read.
Cheers this is very informative. Makes a lot of sense. And ya as far as brexit, regardless if I feel it was tainted , you can't really run on a platform to re vote. First off , that's gonna be extremely expensive. Brexit is a disaster but it's too ate n loke with wwe you have to let it play out regardless if the culminating pay off will be about as well received as batista winning the rumble over Daniel Bryan

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Although, Theresa May's indecisions and general shiftiness - really ranks her as a worse PM in terms of leadership and decision, but it seems she has already been forgotten about
Im not British n thought she was easily the woat not called thatcher