• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
Well recently the tna impact ratings have been slowly decreasing and usually when ratings drop people usually point the finger at the World Champion. I was never the biggest Samoa Joe fan in the past but I loved when he finally won the World title and its a shame that the ratings have dropped since. I cant really see anything wrong with the way TNA have been booking their shows I mean Sting recently came back to TV, Aj turned face, LAX won back the tag gold all positive things in my mind if you can blame the recent ratings decline then I blame it on the whole wrestling business going through a slump, I mean check out the WWE rating for the past few months even Raw ratings have gone down anyway Its not Joe's fault for the recent ratings decline.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
the ratings are dropping because they aren't putting people like sting, christian cage, james storm, tomko, and kurt angle in action.
it borred me to sleep last week.
the main event last week was shit and so was the week before.
and they need more specialty matches like first blood or no disqualification matches.

Montana

Well .1 for TNA = .35 for WWE. But i think the fans are getting tired of certain guys. Cage can be heel/face but his character never really changes much. Cage/Joe/Angle/Sting have all been main eventing for the past couple years. Now i know its foolish to fault TNA for this, especially when the wwe does the same thing but twice as bad. But i think its just a lack of roster movement. Not much coming in/going out in 3 years.

No i dont think its joe's fault. But i mean there is many minor mistakes that affect it, imo. I think the fact they've been focusing on too much comedy has hurt too in the past year.

xtremebadass

Well I think that fans waited for Joe's title reign for far too long, and now that it has come the fans expected way more. IMO, now, I am not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I never saw anything special about Joe and still don't to this day. He is not that charismatic, he doesn't get the cult following like he used to in his first year, and his first title PPV defense was pretty lack luster, of course that's due to Angle' injury, but never the less. I am not saying Joe as champ has everything to do with it, but it has something to do with it.

Kaedon

Reaction score
He's the company guy so it kinda is on HIS shoulders but its not his fault he's surrounded by utter idiots and crappy wrestlers.

chessarmy

Well I think that fans waited for Joe's title reign for far too long, and now that it has come the fans expected way more. IMO, now, I am not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I never saw anything special about Joe and still don't to this day. He is not that charismatic, he doesn't get the cult following like he used to in his first year, and his first title PPV defense was pretty lack luster, of course that's due to Angle' injury, but never the less. I am not saying Joe as champ has everything to do with it, but it has something to do with it.

Samoa Joe can cut promos, and his Sacrifice match was pretty good, so I dont understand what you are talking about. Joe's World Title reign has NOTHING to do with the ratings slump, its just Wrestling has lost so many fans that even TNA is effected. As Roxxi said, RAW's rating drops and HHH doesn't get any blame, iMPACT! drops .1 and everyone goes crazy. Its not Samoa Joe's fault, and I hope TNA feels the same way