Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

1280px-PWG_Logo.svg.png

PWG World Champion: Daniel Garcia
PWG Tag Team Champions: Kings of the Black Throne (Brody King and Malakai Black)

Legacy OP:

The official thread for the number 1 wrestling promotion in California, Pro Wrestling Guerilla

Current Champions:

PWG World Champion:Chris Hero
PWG Tag Team Champions:The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)

PWG Roster:

Chris Hero
Nick Jackson
Matt Jackson
Karl "Machine Gun" Anderson
Austin Aries
B-Boy
Tyler Black
Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana
Brandon Cutler
Dustin Cutler
Bryan Danielson
El Generico
Human Tornado
Candice LeRae
Paul London
Scott Lost
Necro Butcher
Kenny Omega
PAC
TJ Perkins
Phoenix Star
Davey Richards
Rocky Romero
Joey Ryan
Scorpio Sky
Roderick Strong
Kevin Steen
Super Dragon
Chuck Taylor
Zokre​

Latest News:

While it would be easy to recount the successes of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) over the last five and a half years, and how we've managed to exceed even our own expectations, it would be even easier not to. If you've been with us for even part of that time, you will know that Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has had to overcome obstacles both great and small to make it this far. And if you've just recently discovered Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, well, you've got a lot of catching up to do, but April 11 & 12, 2009 will be excellent starting points.

On Saturday, April 11, 2009 Pro Wrestling Guerrilla presents Ninety-Nine, the ninety-ninth Pro Wrestling Guerrilla event ever held. To help commemorate this nearly round number, we have enlisted the services of some Pro Wrestling Guerrilla favorites, past, present and future, including: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Chris Hero, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), the Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley), Austin Aries, B-Boy, Sonjay Dutt, El Generico, "The Professional" Scott Lost, Kenny Omega, Davey Richards, Joey Ryan, and Roderick Strong. And that's not all, more participants will be announced in the coming days!

On Sunday, April 12, 2009 Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will mark its one hundredth show milestone with One Hundred. Much like Ninety-Nine, this event will feature a mixture of long-time Pro Wrestling Guerrilla veterans and some fresh faces as well. Already scheduled to appear are: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Chris Hero, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), Paul London, "Classic" Colt Cabana, Austin Aries, B-Boy, Sonjay Dutt, El Generico, "The Professional" Scott Lost, Kenny Omega, Davey Richards, Joey Ryan, and Roderick Strong. As with Ninety-Nine, more participants will be announced very soon!

You can find all of the latest information on Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Ninety-Nine and One Hundred at the event mini-site, http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/99_100/. Starting Monday, March 9 at 12:00PM PST, you will be able to pre-order your tickets for both days online. If you were with us at Express Written Consent, you know that we came perilously close to turning fans away at the door, so don't get left out in the cold, order your tickets as soon as you can!

On a side note, at Express Written Consent we learned the hard way about the new security procedures implemented by American Legion Post #308. Please know we will be taking steps to accommodate these new procedures, and we will do everything in our power to avoid the lengthy delay that marred an otherwise fantastic evening at Express Written Consent.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Ninety-Nine takes place on Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's One Hundred takes place on Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 5:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30 per night, or $50 for a two-night pass. General Admission tickets are $25 per night, or $40 for a two-night pass. Tickets go on sale on Monday, March 9 at 12:00PM PST. For more information, visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/99_100/. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.

Ninety-Nine 4/11:

PWG Championship
Chris Hero vs Austin Aries

Tag Team Championship

The Young Bucks vs. Motor City Machine Guns

Scott Lost + The Culter Bros vs. Scorpio Sky + Los Luchas

Sonjay Dutt vs Roderick Strong

Kenny Omega vs Davey Richards

TYler Black vs El Generico

B-Boy vs. Joey Ryan

Bryan Danielson vs. Chuck Taylor

One Hundred 4/12:

PWG Championship
Colt Cabana vs Champ

Paul London vs Joey Ryan

Tyler Black vs Davey Richards

Roderick Strong vs Scott Lost

El Generico vs. Sonjay Dutt

Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulpower

Danielson vs Taylor=DREAM MATCH!

Here's hoping that something stupid doesn't happen (Like someone no-showing, or getting hurt) and ends up changing the whole card.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Wheres Brandon Bonham at?

Why is he not on the roster page anymore

He was the shit... :(

Also, I think Chuck Taylor has one of the best gimmicks today.

Soulpower

Wheres Brandon Bonham at?

I don't believe he's a full-time member of the PWG roster. Though I agree that he's pretty damn good (Even if he looks too Indy >_>).

Here's the updated line-up for both the 99th and 100th shows.

Ninety-Nine 4/11:

Bryan Danielson vs Chuck Taylor
Tyler Black vs El Generico
B-Boy vs Joey Ryan

One Hundred 4/12:
Paul London vs Joey Ryan

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Predictions (So- Far)

Ninety-Nine 4/11:

Bryan Danielson
vs Chuck Taylor
Tyler Black vs El Generico
B-Boy vs Joey Ryan

One Hundred 4/12:
Paul London vs Joey Ryan

I freakin hate B-Boy... :smh rip off of Homicide

Soulpower

Some more matches were announced today.

Added to the 99th show are:

Chris Hero vs Austin Aries (PWG Title Match)
The Young Bucks vs Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley (PWG Tag Team Title Match)
Scott Lost & The Cutler Brothers vs Scorpio Sky & Los Luchas

Added to the 100th show:

Colt Cabana vs Chris Hero or Austin Aries (PWG Title Match)

Montana

Full Lineups as of today.

Ninety-Nine 4/11:

PWG Championship

Tag Team Championship

B-Boy vs. Joey Ryan

One Hundred 4/12:

PWG Championship
Colt Cabana vs Champ

Paul London vs Joey Ryan

I think the 99th show might look better than 100. I also just realized ROH is having a Thursday/Friday Double shot, while PWG does a Sat/Sun double. Good to see they ddnt try and double book.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Chris Hero vs Austin Aries (PWG Title Match)
The Young Bucks vs Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley (PWG Tag Team Title Match)
Scott Lost & The Cutler Brothers vs Scorpio Sky & Los Luchas

Added to the 100th show:

Colt Cabana vs Chris Hero or Austin Aries (PWG Title Match)

Qwake

Ninety-Nine 4/11:

PWG Championship

Tag Team Championship

B-Boy vs. Joey Ryan

One Hundred 4/12:

PWG Championship
Colt Cabana vs Champ

Paul London vs Joey Ryan

These matches look really good on paper, I hope they deliver and I will definitely try to download a fair few of them. Sonjay Dutt is awesome!

Montana

I think Chris Hero is walking out with the belt both nights. I wonder what human tornado will do on the 100th show. He's scheduled to appear.

Montana

From PWG's 99.
1. Scott Lost and The Cutler Brothers b. Scorpio Sky and Los Luchas.

2. Bryan Danielson b. Chuck Taylor in "a match that ran way too long."

3. Joey Ryan b. B-Boy in a weird finish. B-Boy piledrove Joey on the apron, and they did an injury angle with people coming out to check on Joey. Of course it was a fake as Joey flash-rolled up B-Boy for the win. Crowd loved it.

4. Kenny Omega b. Davey Richards with Croyt's Wrath. "Really good match, best of the night so far."

5. Sonjay Dutt b. Roderick Strong with an Asai DDT followed by a 450 Splash. "Fun match, crowd was a little surprised at the result."

6. El Generico b. Tyler Black. "Real good."

7. Chris Hero b. Austin Aries to retain the PWG World Title. Aries hit Candice during the match so tomorrow it's Austin Aries vs. Candice LaRae.

Joey Ryan came out wearing Paul London's old WWE gear. This resulted in a confrontation with London to build up their match tomorrow. London's promo was hilarious probably because he was high.

8. The Young Bucks b. The Motor City Machine Guns to retain the PWG World Tag Team Titles. "Exactly as good as you'd expect it to be." Shelley put over the Bucks and PWG on the microphone afterward.

Montana

i think they start in a hour or so. Oddly enough, i couldn't find any results till later this morning for 99, so i wouldn't expect anything soon from 100.

Edit: 5 o clock bell time so the show should be 2 hours in. But i dont think anyone at the show is texting results to the web. So ya kinda have to wait till someone does.

Soulpower

Ongoing PWG 100th show results:

Young Bucks def The Cutler Brothers

Roderick Strong def Scott Lost

Bryan Danielson def Kenny Omega

Joey Ryan def Paul London

Aries, Taylor and Tornado def Candace, B-Boy and Scorpio Sky

Davey Richards def Tyler Black

El Generico def Sonjay Dutt

Chris Hero def Colt Cabana with The Roaring Elbow.

Montana

99 actually looks better than 100. I hear Joey Ryan and Paul London wasn't that good of a match, as one would expect. But who knows.