The Punisher a.k.a Test a.k.a Andrew Martin Shoots On WWE; Talks TNA Debut, More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Andrew "The Punisher" Martin posted the following message on his MySpace page yesterday:

"Good morning all! So I guess by now the cats out of the bag and as many of you know, I took my ball to TNA. I never wanted to decieve any of you, trust me I was excited about going but it was something that we tried to make a secret. You have to admit in this day and age that's hard to do, I mean you guys usually know before I do what's going on. It's not that I want to keep secrets from my fans but don't you guys just miss the old way of a good old fashioned surprise in wrestling? Remember when a WWF guy would show up on WCW and vice versa, it made the show always more exciting no matter what or who it was. Remember seeing Lex luger on Raw and Nitro, the same night?...that was a great surprise. I have to thank all you guys...i have never recieved so many positive messages and reactions from you guys about my decision to join TNA and I want to thankyou for that. I also want to make the fans that were at the Impact Zone in Orlando for the greatest reaction I can ever remember getting in wrestling. Most of all I want to thank everyone at TNA for making me realize why I wanted to be a wrestler in the first place!! Something that had been beaten out out of me by years of politics, ass kissing, back stabbing, empty promises that never came, having to liten to "Vinces YES men" because everyone there doesn't want to rock the boat...Thankyou for making me realize that I wanted to be a wrestler because it'....FUN!! and I had forgotten how much fun you can have. I know TNA stands for Total nonstop Action but I learned last night it also stands for Totally NO Assholes!! I want to thank everyone for making me feel right at home right away and seeing first hand what a wrestling company really should be. I'm not here to bash any other companies...I have no regrets but in just one night at TNA I felt more comfortable than I did anywhere else. Everyone is so hands on and so positive. I mean I loved watching the guys watch the matches hoping that everyone had a great match, I'm so used to guys watching the monitor, cutting up the matches only to tell the guys when they got to the back "great match"...I'll be honest I didn't sleep much Sunday night. I was excited, nervous and wasn't sure what to expect but that all changed last night when all the TNA fans gave me without question one of the greatest moments of my career with your huge roar,my ears were ringing and inside I had a smile a mile long...thankyou because to be honest I was ready to walk away from wrestling and it would have been a shame because I would never have gotten to experience what a great group there is at TNA. So please tune in to watch TNA every thursday night at 9pm eastern time on spike tv and see what a great company with a group of guys and girls with all heart can accomplish...I know I had a blast! Take care Andrew"

Soulpower

It seems Test has never heard of the Space Bar before >_>

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Seems like a nice guy even though he forgot how 2 use the space bar as noted above lol...

Nice 2 see that he didn't bash WWE 2 much such as guys like Rhyno & Angle. I hope he becomes a Key player because TBH, i didn't see Tomko becoming as big as he has in TNA. A Tomko Vs Test match would be pretty entertaining IMO, maybe it will happen @ Hard Justice ?!?

His look is also better now than it was in 06/Early 07... Hopefully he can rekindle that promise he had back in 1999 when he looked as though he could've been a Main Eventer...

ncryan10

Reaction score
i would like to see hiim asa world champ sometime

Reaction score
seems like a nice guy, I dont like the fact that he is in TNA but maybe he turned himself around and can actually wrestle now, looking forward to his first match

This Guy

too bad he's an idiot. It must not have been too shocking to see people show up on Raw or Nitro if he thinks it was Lex Luger who was on both shows in one night, since it wasn't!!!! The shocker with Luger was that the WWE thought he was still under contract and accidently let his contract expire so he showed up on Nitro the next night after being on a WWE PPV.

Rick Rude is who he was thinking of as in the same night we saw Rick Rude along with Triple H, HBK & Chyna toilet paper sgt slaughter and the ring, and then 2 minutes later Rick Rude with the nWo renouncing Shawn Michaels as the WWE Champion when he never even beat Bret Hart. This was 2 weeks after Survivor Series 1997, as the WWE taped two weeks of Raw and the toilet paper incedent happened on the taped show for the following week. But during that week Rude's contract expired and he joined WCW. Since Nitro was live, he appeared to be in two places at once.

However on topic I will say it is true that it is hard to be suprised by debuts anymore.

straight_edge76

I am all for him in TNA i have been a fan of his for about 5 years, even in ECW lol

bdogg1

Reaction score
didnt these 2 face off before in WWE so wouldnt it just be a rehash. plus he looks bigger then he was few months ago with ECW, must still be on roids.

This Guy

He looks bigger because the majority of the guys in TNA are much smaller then WWE guys, height wise more so then anything else. Look at AJ Styles. Everyone thought he was a pretty tall guy. He fueded with Abyss and Abyss didn't appear to have him in height that badly. But then Christian shows up, and whenever you see him and Styles together Styles looks like Christian's kid brother. And remember folks were suposed to believe that Abyss is 7 feet tall. Kane is billed at 6'8 for most of his career and believe me, put Kane next to Abyss and Abyss would be looking up to Kane. So yeah Test looks bigger but thats because the majoirty of TNA stars are just shorter.

the dark knight

^^said it all. if most of the tna guys went to the wwe they're probably compete in the CW division...

ill rep after the 24 hours shit goes off...

Great One

God damn that post hurt the eyes.

Anyways, Test isn't bad, I'd put him in the same category as Tomko, and his run in WWE was GOOD. He sold his shit very, very well and was quick in the ring (sort of like Umaga). I think he'll do fine in TNA and I 100% agree about debuts not being surprising anymore!!!