The One Piece of Booking I've Enjoyed

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

TNA has been a complete mess lately. I mean the booking has been shit, and it has been all over the place. But there is really one thing that I see going extremely well on iMPACT! The one piece of booking that I have really enjoyed may come as a surprise to some people. Because that thing is: Matt Morgan.

I know a lot of people have said he isn't a great wrestler. And I am one of those people. I still stand by that. He looks a lot like a poor man's Lesnar in terms of his look. He isn't great in the ring. That can be rectified.

The point of this thread though is appreciating how well TNA have booked him as a face bulding up. He is getting some great pops. I mean, let's take a look at last week's iMPACT! Matt Morgan beat both Jimmy Rave and Lance Rock in two seperate singles matches. And the crowd ate it up. he had huge cheers. People absolutely loved him. And honestly, it is all because of the way TNA have booked him. he didn;t get that reaction back in WWE (or the heel equivelent of that reaction). This is TNA's booking.

Like I said, I'm not Morgan's biggest fan. But I have to say they have done this well.

Thoughts?

chessarmy

Matt Morgan is a decent wrestler but I think the best has yet to come for him. He has been booked well because it was simple! You have him do a few squash matches to make him look strong and have him slowly build fan support before you really push him.

Moonlight Drive

^^So true, SIMPLE! Why don't TNA think about this more of the time?

But I wouldn't be surprised if he soon got a 'Here comes the Morgan' catch-phrase to continue with TNA's screwing up of stuff like this, and making imitators (Stone Cold Shark Boy, Black Machismo) when they could've simply made Sharboy a badass instead of a Stone Cold impersonator

Qwake

Sharkboy's for Sharkboy :shifty:

Matt Morgan is quite good in ring and yeah I see the fans loving him too BKB. They havent rushed him into anything, they have really kept his push steady and if they keep this up I am going to be happy. He could be in a few small feuds and after those slowly move up to upper mid card feuds that people may care about lol. :D

lord batair

Reaction score
I'm not sure that TNA booked Morgan that nice... One day is the geneticly stuff dude and one day BAM is the blueprint (well he did mention the blueprint stuff some time before maybe but not that much), and, like Consequences Creed, juste had some jobber matches and was never involve in a storyline, not even a simple storyline (well a storyline longer than an impact show).
But he's definitly an ace for TNA but they have to play it in the good timing, what about a face/heel team with tomko ^^ the 2 giants against hummmm curry man and abyss ^^ lol (no i'm not Russo's hidden son ^^). But i keep the the tomko / morgan idea.

lord batair said:
I'm not sure that TNA booked Morgan that nice...
Would you care to explain the great reactions Morgan has been getting then?

chessarmy said:
Matt Morgan is a decent wrestler but I think the best has yet to come for him.
Agreed. He is alright, but nothing great. He has potentian. He just have to live up to it now.

lord batair

Reaction score
Well it's maybe like the guns, the booker staff put them on jobber mode but the fans still hail for them cause they got charisma.
Even if I don't see Morgan as a charsimatic guy but why not ^^
You have to admit that Morgan is still in the jobber zone, and he get involved in... well in nothing, he just came and beat rock and rave infection.
In fact I don't really explain myself the crowd reactions, but i'm not sur the booking is the cause of those reactions.

So the booking isn't why he is getting the crowd reactions? So let's say Morgan had randomly debuted instead a few months ago, and had no gimmick, then would he get the same crowd reactions?

No. The booking has made him out to be someone you should not want to face.

lord batair

Reaction score
Haa this is why i don't get the crowd reaction ^^ for me Morgan has no gimmick juste like tomko a tall guy with oiled muscles. Let's jsut say i don't have the same opinion that the TNA fans ^^

The Rated R CMStar

Why he is over? It's an acumulated effect from what he was doing almost a year ago, when TNA put him over even teasing feuds with Christian and Samoa Joe.

Now, he has been around so his overness doesn't lower, but he's not far up in the card or in booking plans as before

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I think his overness has more so to do with the whole
tna fans hating anything to do with wwe mindset...
ya-know...
cause like , with all those
"Hey, WWE sucked at booking him and made morgan studder and $hit"
videos so as to garner some sympathy for Matt Morgan... I think payed off, cause now he's being allowed to cut some promos and showcase some of his in-ring ability ,while having some former'E guys put over the fact that WWE dropped (whatever) ball on this guy instead of booking him right and stuff...and like...I dunno, I guess that kind've somewhat caught on with most of the Impact-Center fans and stuff..
either that or TNA just uses a "pre-recorded" chant for morgan.