The Omen vs. The Exorcist - Which is Scarier?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Scarier Film?

• The Omen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Having recently purchased The Exorcist on Blu Ray, I noticed a little blurb in the booklet that comes with it that mentions it as "the scariest film of all time." Considering that I've always felt The Omen to be a bit scarier than The Exorcist, this came as a bit of a surprise to me and I began to wonder how many others feel the same way. Personally I think the idea of paranoia and coincidence makes The Omen creepier, as the evil in The Exorcist is fully on display from near the beginning of the film. I also feel that The Omen genuinely creeps me out and sticks with me longer than The Exorcist does once its finished. I'm not sure either is the actual "scariest movie ever made" but in my opinion The Omen is certainly the scarier of the two. Besides, how could a movie with Mrs. Baylock not be the scarier? She's simply a deliciously evil character and one of the all time creepiest as well.

However, that's just my opinion, which is why I have this poll up to determine once and for all what the majority of members here think. So what'll it be, The Omen or The Exorcist...the choice is yours.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I think they both equal out, and kinda comment each other. Omens and demons are both scary things. I haven't actually finished watching The Exorcist all he way through. I got to the part
where she comes down the stairs like a fucking spider
and just haven't finished it. I think The Exorcist may have an edge because this could really happen. When Omens are just scary, because it's unavoidable I assume. But Demons can do pretty wicked stuff. Mind you, I've never seen The Omen, so my view is kinda biased. I'll watch the first one and edit my post.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Just make sure to watch the original Omen and not the remake, because it sucks and should be burnt in hell.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Just make sure to watch the original Omen and not the remake, because it sucks and should be burnt in hell.

I won't touch the remake. I know the original is the way to go. Thanks!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I have to say that exorcist is scarier than the omen. I have watched both multiple times and feel more scared with the demon aspect of the movie as it is something that can happen, not saying what happened in the omen couldn't happen but I feel that this is probably one of the best if not the best portrayal of someone possessed by a demon.

Both are scary in their own right but I believe the exorcist is scarier and they didn't hold back while making it. Where today they don't seem to get that far into it.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I like what they did with Devil Inside. That was some freaky shit as far as demonic possession goes. It's no exorcist but imagine if the guy could make the movie now, with what's available to him now. Would it be even scarier?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Another thought to this discussion the sequels to Exorcist are better than those for the Omen

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Another thought to this discussion the sequels to Exorcist are better than those for the Omen

Well Omen II is definitely better than Exorcist II, though that's not saying much considering both stink. Exorcist III is certainly better than The Final Conflict so I'll give you that. Dominion absolutely sucked and I haven't seen Omen IV in quite some time but remember it also being bad. If that holds true then I guess you're right.