The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

razaki

Reaction score
I thought it wasn't that bad.

Not one of the best WM's, but it was pretty good.

I thought the MITB match was actually rather good. Although I'm not a CM Punk fan, the last minute or two of the match was quite awesome to watch. Would have rather seen Christian or MVP win, but meh.

Ricky Steamboat, man. Good god, he's still better than at least 25% of the wrestlers in the WWE. Great job from him, but the entire angle was meh to me. The Rourke segment at the end seemed so tacky and forced. Kinda defeated the purpose of having Jericho win, too.

Matt vs. Jeff was a great match overall, although I couldn't help but cheer for Jeff. Should be interesting see how the feud goes from now on. Crazy jump from the top of the ladder for Jeff. Looked really painful, actually.

Undertaker vs. HBK, if I can just agree with the others, was one of the best matches I've seen. I stood practically the entire match and paced around while watching it. Honestly thought it could have ended in a bunch of different places. Great, great match. By far the match of the night.

Don't care about JBL/Mysterio or the Divas. Both stupid matches.

Cena/Edge/Big Show was predictable, but pretty decent. Was honestly impressed with Cena picking up both of the men. Looked great. I'm on the bandwagon of hoping to see a tweener/face Edge now, so fingers are crossed.

Orton/HHH wasn't a great technical match, but it was alright. Anyone else think of Austin/The Rock with the finishers going back and forth in the first few minutes? Not that the matches were of comparable quality, but there was serious deja vu there for me. I expected to at least see Legacy or the McMahons during the match, but since there was nothing there, I'm expecting something to happen tomorrow night.

Again, as I said, I'm pleased with the WM. Could have been better, but Taker vs. HBK was worth it.

Oh, and seeing Austin drive around again was completely kickass. I marked the shit out of that.

Reaction score
Taker/HBK stole the show for me. I would've liked to have seen HBK win, though I was happy with the streak continuing. HBK and Taker kicking out of multiple finishers was fantastic, and totally needed. Good spots and botches. The entrance of HBK topped this off, I reckon, lol. Great play on the 'light vs dark' story. Overall: 4/5.

HHH/Orton was fairly decent. Nice to see a one on one encounter. The story was pushed too much and the 'anger' was there, but Orton should've won. Nothing against Trips, but the idea of Orton 'finishing off the family' would've been great! Hitting the RKO and Pedigree early on was different, and made me worry about the match. Good spots, the back body drop on the table, the punt, the DDT on the outside. All nice, but just not perfect this match. Overall: 3.5/5

Cena/Show/Edge was as good as I thought. Cena's entrance, uber gay. Show should've been utilised in more double teams, some cool moves would've made this better. More double teams in general would've made this better ... it was a triple threat after all. I'm not happy or mad at the ending. Overall: 3/5.

Diva Battle Royal: Santina made this match, lol. Mum and I just watched him, and laughed. Overall: 1/5.

JBL V Rey: 1/5. I literally missed half this match taking a piss. Sucks they shit over JBLs last match.

MitB: Average match. Had some cool spots, but needed more innovation. Last year's match ruled over this years imo, and Punk winning a second year in a row fucks me off. Overall: 2.5/5.

Fuck WWE for leaving the Tag Team UNIFICATION off the card!

Hardy/Hardy - Good solid match. both men got enough momentum, and the shock upset (and awesome chair-fate) was nice. Short, spot fest, but worth the watch and wait. Overall: 3/5.

I think that was it, can't remember. Stone Cold's 'leaving' was too drawn out, and just not needed. Even Hogan didn't get that, lol, not that I'm complaining.

Mugen

Reaction score
MITB: ****
Diva Match: **
Jericho vs. Legends: *** (Mainly because of Steamboat)
Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy: ***
Rey vs. JBL: *
Undertaker vs. HBK: *****
Cena vs. The Big Show vs. Edge: ***
HHH vs. Orton: **

An okay Mania.

Reaction score
Thumbs Up

HBK vs. Taker - Crowd were tearing off the roof!
Hardy vs. Hardy - Nice spots, defined extreme.
MiTB - Solid opener got the juices flowing.
Triple Threat - Can't complain. Exceeded my lowered expectations.
Y2J vs. Jurassic Period - Why not Steamboat vs. Jericho? The Dragon was kicking it old school! It was great under my extremely lowered expectations.
Austin - You got what you wanted.

Thumbs Down

Orton vs. HHH - Rubbish! What? Did they forget about the wrestling match entirely and tell the story only? Got bored very quickly after they dropped the big finishers 2 minutes in.
24 Diva + 1 Battle Royal - Took mere seconds to realise Santino was in drag. This must lead to Marella vs. Phoenix?
Kid Rock - Somebody shoot him. His medley + the Battle Royal could've been replaced by the tag team match, no?
IC Title - Rey's entrance was a mark-out moment + his Joker-esque attire. But it was a complete shafting of the belt again.

It was OK on the whole. I'm not asking for those 4 hours back, but I chose this over a day-trip with my 9-month-old nephew and I regret that.

PeepShow

Hmmmm, what a fuckin underwhelming show. Lets get straight to the point.

1. Money In The Bank ~ ***3/4
Christian's pop he got when he landed on the top rope and sprung back in the middle about to grab the briefcase is basically what tells the story. :eek: at him getting his gear back. When Kane threw him off the majority of the fans boo'd the fuck out of that place. lmao = CM Puke.

2. Diva BR ~ 3/4*
Worth a laugh seeing as how Santino just stood in the ring for 5 minutes doing nothing and nobody saying anything about it until like 5 were left. Lame segment, but meh.

3. Legends/Y2J ~ **1/2
Better than I expected. Snuka and Piper can gtfo, but jesus can Steamboat still go. Hard to tell his last match was 15 years ago. FUCK he did well. Haha @ Rourke. :y:

4. Hardy/Hardy ~ **3/4
Meh, had a few cool spots, but mostly just a time filler imo. Nothing special.

5. JBL/Mysterio ~ DUD
LOL

6. HBK/Taker ~ **********
ONE OF THE BEST MATCHES I'VE EVER SEEN. I laugh at people who don't give this 5 stars. Jesus Christ. What more could you want? Seriously.

7. Edge/Show/Cena ~ ***1/4
Decent world title match. Surprised there wasn't more interference than there was. Not much else to say about it.

8. HHH/Orton ~ **3/4
Lame fuckin bawl w/ DQ stips and probably the worst ref ever. Nothing more. No interference or anything was laughable. Building up Orton to the top of the world and then having HHH squash him with his own move is even more so laughable. What a fucking HORRIBLE way to end the 25 anniversary of a PPV.

Just a couple bright spots on this whole show. Fuck this company.

JimmyD

Reaction score
MITB: Second best match on the card. For me Kofi Kingston was the highlight performer, but Shelton, Punk and Christian had some nice spots. A couple of blown ones dragged it down but overall it was still an awesome match. 4 Stars.

Diva Match: Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. Entertaining - particularly with Santino involved - and although it featured one obviously blown spot it was still fun to watch: 2 Stars.

Jericho vs Legends: Steamboat was always going to carry the Legends half of this match and I thought he did it well. The ending was poor; in my oppinion Jericho should have locked Flair into the Walls before Rourke came out and chaired him, but perhaps that's a personal taste. Still, nowhere near as bad as I expected.

Matt vs Jeff: Solid match. Some nice spots and good ending that gave Matt the rub he so desperately needed.

Rey vs JBL: What can I say? It was mercifully short, though I'd be lying if I said I'd seen that coming.

Undertaker vs HBK: Never marked out harder for a match. How did Taker not injure himself with that plancha? Was it all a spot? I just can't believe it. Without a doubt my match of the year and a contender for the greatest match I've ever seen. 5 Stars and I'd have given it more if I could.

Cena vs Big Show vs Edge: This match was always going to suffer with it following such a classic bout, but it was solid and entertaining. Should have been the main event in retrospect. 3 stars.

Orton Triple H: Killed the PPV. The ending was appauling; it felt like it ended just as it was about to get going. I'll be amazed if Orton can recover his overness from this. Very, very disappointing. 2 Stars.

PeepShow

Oh, and one other fuckin thing. I don't mind Kid Rock, but fuck, I tuned in to watch WRESTLEMANIA, not a Kid Rock concert, jesus christ. Pisses me the fuck off.

(If you couldn't tell)

Wordlife

Kid Rock was good, though his lil 10-15 minute concert could've given the fans, and the viewers the Miz-orrison/Colon match we wanted to fucking see!

Reaction score
^^^What would've made HBK/Taker 5* was HBK winning. I just think it was the perfect time, perfect opponent and near perfect build up (hell, I LOVED the darkness/lightness thing). Ill admit, I was on my sore-ass leg pacing back and forth, chewing my thumb watching that match. That usually happens once every mania.

Steamboat can fucking go, alright! Shit I was amazed at his in-ring ability! Glad to see Piper and Snuka go first, and give a majority of the match to SB.

Im still pissed over Punk getting the MiTB again. Isn't the point of this match giving a guy the chance to go up the ranks for the first time properly, with pretty much a guaranteed title run. I personally hope Punk loses it, and MVP or Christian get it.

Reaction score
Is it just me or did that camara man in Taker and HBK's match look like he got his head crushed when Taker landed on his head...
Well the PPV was average IMO. Mainevent sucked 3/5 PPV

Reaction score
The biggest being the complete lack of promos... What the hell was with that? No interviews with superstars, and nothing happening backstage.

That surprised me. Todd Grisham and Matt Striker are left on the pine.

MITB was pretty good. One noticeable botch, but the match made up for it.

Was that the Unprettier? There were a few botches I thought.

HHH vs Orton was actually very good IMO. I liked the pace, and the intensity. The crowd never gave it a chance, and was dead from the start. They kept looking to the right, and I started to think there was something like a fight or injury in the crowd.

When the crowd started looking left it told plenty about the match. They lost focus. Heck, whatever was going on in the crowd would not have happened if the match was any good.

They dropped the RKO and Pedigree much to the surprise of everyone, and hence zero heat. They were unsure what to think after that. I wasn't sure either.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I am just fucking pissed

Are you Kidding Me? You have Triple H kick Orton in the head, hit him with a hammer, and than just drag Orton's lifeless body up and have him just pedigree him 1.. 2...3.. Really? This is ridiclous. Its like I was watching RAW or something with HHH against like Kane. What a shit ending and a momentum killer for Randy, when i saw that I just turned off my cousins TV.

The Show overall was like a 6/10..... Pretty shit excuse for a 25th anniversary, without Taker vs HBK.. it would have been like a 3 or 4.

PeepShow

Is it just me or did that camara man in Taker and HBK's match look like he got his head crushed when Taker landed on his head...
Well the PPV was average IMO. Mainevent sucked 3/5 PPV

Yeah, lmao, the camera was laying there and Taker fell on it and it crushed the back of his head.

Also, HBK coming down from 'heaven' and Taker coming up from 'hell' was pretty awe-inspiring. Just added to the greatness of that epic match.

Wordlife

^yeah Peep I think the camera-man might be pretty legit hurt from that

And the whole heaven/hell thing was amazing