The Official SmackDown Preview + Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Re: Smackdown LD 8-9-13

Unfortunately I am not at home at the moment. I would have joined you guys otherwise.

Sent from my GALAXY S®4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

First hour Smackdown notes..

It’s looking like Orton is already on the verge of heel-ism. The beard is growing out, that makes me think it’s just a setup for a corporate makeover from Vince. Also what’s up with the Just 4 Men Touch of Grey look? Anyways, good match from Van Dam-Orton here just as expected. Lots of near-falls and plenty of subtle dirty moves from Orton. I dare people to say that Orton has no ring savvy. He has some of the best ring psychology there is in the game. He did a great job of targeting the back of Van Dam throughout and sold the kickouts like a champ. Like he was sincerely surprised/furious.

I noticed that JBL was setting Cole up for “VINTAGE ORTON!!” but Cole totally worked him by saying “CLASSIC ORTON!!”.. just a little side note.

Miz zy pops for a guy who doesn’t actually actively involve himself in many storylines. The Universe loves him for some reason. Deserves the World Heavyweightgets cra Championship soon, imo. Also, this was a weird AJ promo. I actually didn’t dig it that much, I was hoping for an actual alliance of Layla and AJ. I still maintain that Dolph looks like Feraligatr. Also, all the Diva’s theme songs suck. Miz is still impeccable on the mic. Part of me is hoping that Big E Langston defeats Dolph at SummerSlam, but since it’s a big 4 PPV, the faces will probably win.

I missed Raw but did Wade’s beard get shaved all the way off? I certainly hope not. Wade needs that beard.

Man that Lesnar/Punk brawl looked nuts. Sorry I missed that but at least the video package was great enough to recap properly.

Kofi in long tights? Well that’s new. I don’t hate it by any means but it gives him a completely new look. He almost looks super hero-esque to me. 1000 look changes later and he finally looks dangerous to me. I like the Blue USA chants from the fans. Decent match by Fandango and Kofi, Too bad Fandango doesn’t have the same momentum he did before the injury. Some other things I’ll note: Kofi took a sick bump into the turnbuckle on the outside. Looked like a legit clash. Also, I wish Summer Rae had some hotter outfits. The ballroom dancer look isn’t doing it for me.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I'll also add that it's sad that Barrett has done close to nothing for almost 2 years now.

3 on 1 handicap match, time to find something better to do.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I take that back. Slater took a vicious bump by being thrown across the announce table the way he was.

The Viper

Reaction score
Re: The Official SmackDown Preview & Discussion Thread (6/21/13 Added)

BFmi0xp.jpg

SMACKDOWN SHOWDOWN~!!!

Once again, Christian goes 1 on 1 with Alberto Del Rio in a Summerslam rematch (aka the RUBBER MATCH!!). Also, will Daniel Bryan get his revenge on Orton for RKO'ing him this past Monday on Raw? Will Bryan have a helping hand from a couple of others on the roster to fend off The Shield, who also helped Orton and the rest of the McMahon family to annihilate Daniel Bryan. Find all that out and more on this weeks Smackdown where we FIGHT on Friday Nights!

--------------------------

Join us this Friday for a pretty huge episode of Smackdown. More heel Orton alone should entice you to check out the show!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Going to do my best to be here, show looks pretty great.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I will be working though I must say I am very I.intrigued

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I be here.

The Viper

Reaction score

If not, I'll post the show once it gets on YouTube so you, and anyone else who wants to watch can watch it and give their thoughts in here. Either way is fine.

Also, what a horrible preview I put up. I like, did fucking play-by-play of everything that happened the last few days.

EDIT: I also posted it from my phone so it's not the greatest preview of all time but once WWE puts up theirs, I'll put it in and make it look much better.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

If not, I'll post the show once it gets on YouTube so you, and anyone else who wants to watch can watch it and give their thoughts in here. Either way is fine.

Also, what a horrible preview I put up. I like, did fucking play-by-play of everything that happened the last few days.

EDIT: I also posted it from my phone so it's not the greatest preview of all time but once WWE puts up theirs, I'll put it in and make it look much better.

Sweet I can watch it on the YouTube.

You better clean this up and make it better. Did you have issues putting pics in with your phone.

The Viper

Reaction score

Sweet I can watch it on the YouTube.

You better clean this up and make it better. Did you have issues putting pics in with your phone.

I thought the photo would look better but once I posted it and then when I just saw it on my PC, it looks horrible. I'll clean it up. Thought the logo would be transparent or whatever and not have a black background.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I thought the photo would look better but once I posted it and then when I just saw it on my PC, it looks horrible. I'll clean it up. Thought the logo would be transparent or whatever and not have a black background.
Wow, you really need to calm your ass down. I was kidding around, you little shit. You don't get it? Get the fuck out.

The Viper

Reaction score

Wow, you really need to calm your ass down. I was kidding around, you little shit. You don't get it? Get the fuck out.

Cool.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I was just ribbing you man. You know is your phone like an IPad

The Viper

Reaction score

I was just ribbing you man. You know is your phone like an IPad

No, I know. I just felt like explaining my situation because that really is what the problem is. It pissed me of when I saw it. Called my computer a cunt but we're on good terms now.

Yeah, if I had an iPad I'd just make an excuse saying "I have an iPad. I can't post photos correctly"... -_-