The Official SmackDown Preview + Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Re: The Official SmackDown Preview & Discussion Thread (8/23/13 Preview Added)

That's good. I don't see him at work :(

Using the Force on tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Kane is quite good at his new role.

That's good. I don't see him at work :(

I'd say that's very good...that you don't see him.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I really think they are getting Glen ready for an office job since he is very smart and does appearances on other shows outside of WWE. He would he a good asset I think.

Drew

Reaction score

Don't know if anyone watched, but a surprisingly entertaining SD this week, especially match wise.

Wyatt's vs the Usos was entertaining and setting up the Tag debut of Bray and Bryan on Monday.

The 8 man tag match between the Real Americans and Rybaxle vs the Matadoros, Rey and Sin Cara was pretty darn entertaining with some good spots in there.

The match that really impressed me was Big E vs Orton. You figured it's just be a power match with Orton wining rather quickly making Big E look week. But that wasn't the case at all.

Big E looked really good and strong vs the "supposed" Top guy in the company. He didn't look out of his element and it might have been the most entertained I've been in an Orton match in a LONG time.

I guess when paired with a good partner both these guys can put on a pretty darn good match.

Drew

Reaction score

Guess I'm the only one that caught the most recent episode.

Typical SD episode, BUT there was a Anthony Cesaro vs Daniel Bryan match that was something else.

Both these dudes obviously can wrestle, but there was a ton of chemistry in the match, lots of good counters, not a lot of resting...and Cesaro showed more strength than I even thought he had.

Really great match.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I saw the Titus O'Neil promo, which was bloody hilarious

AHHH, NATURE

Drew

Reaction score

Yeah, that was pretty funny.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Can John Cena stave off The Wyatt Family before WrestleMania?

John Cena has tackled his fair share of notorious opponents, but never before has a challenger appeared to get inside the head of the Cenanation leader the way Bray Wyatt has in recent months. In his latest mental assault, The Eater of Worlds – who will face off against Cena at WrestleMania – interrupted his would-be prey on Raw, vowing to expose him to the WWE Universe.
Is John Cena afraid of Bray Wyatt?

While Cena has remained steadfast in his opposition of The Wyatt Family, an unusual level of uneasiness has revealed itself in the resilient Superstar – who has admitted that he fears that his Show of Shows opponent could destroy his legacy. Is Wyatt’s twisted soliloquy truly getting inside Cena’s head? What does The Family have in store for the 11-time WWE Champion next? Tune in to SmackDown at 8/7 CT on Syfy as Cena gets in the ring with Wyatt disciple Luke Harper.
What fallout will result from Triple H’s vicious assault on Daniel Bryan?
[resize=361]
20140317_RAW_Steph_TripleH_Bryan_2.jpg
[/resize]
After calling a “man-to-man” summit with Daniel Bryan on Raw to address their match at WrestleMania, COO Triple H unleashed a ruthless and downright chilling attack of retribution on the “Yes!” Man that left the WWE Universe in shock. The beating at the hands of The Game left his WrestleMania adversary with a potentially serious shoulder injury.
Triple H agrees to face Daniel Bryan at The Show of Shows

Make no mistake: The Cerebral Assassin’s assault on Bryan was a clear message to not only the Superstar himself, but to the entire “Yes!” Movement. With a few days to let the dust clear, how will The Authority follow up Raw’s brutal beat down? Will the leader of the “Yes!” Movement be able to recover in time for his showdown with The Game on April 6?
Who will be the new No. 1 contenders for WWE’s Tag Team Titles?
[resize=361]
20140317_RAW_Usos_RA_2.jpg
[/resize]
The Usos – who currently stand atop WWE’s competitive tag team division – will learn who is next in line to challenge for their titles when The Shield’s Seth Rollins & United States Champion Dean Ambrose, Cesaro & Jack Swagger, 3MB and RybAxel square off in a No. 1 Contender’s Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way tonight on SmackDown!

The match happens amidst a great deal of mayhem on the turbulent Road to WrestleMania that has already witnessed the explosive new reign of Jimmy & Jey, the reunited Hounds of Justice turning their fury on Director of Operations Kane and The Real Americans fighting to stay on the same page on a weekly basis.
The Usos have quickly proven to be exciting titleholders, but after losing a non-title match to The Real Americans on Raw, the Samoan brothers have shown a rare chink in the armor. But as to which combinations can rise to challenge them in such an unpredictable showdown is anybody’s guess. Find out who wants it most at 8/7 CT on Syfy!
Who will emerge to challenge the Divas Champion?
[resize=361]
20140317_RAW_Divas_2.jpg
[/resize]
With Naomi returning to action on Raw – following a painful eye injury – the new season of E!’s “Total Divas” isn’t the only show highlighting action-packed Divas drama. As AJ Lee’s Divas Title reign reaches historic lengths, Naomi has made a strong argument to be the No. 1 contender to the butterfly-emblazoned title after two-straight victories in tag team action since reemerging. However, with so much talent among the battling beauties of the squared circle, strong arguments could also be made for a number of Divas including The Bella Twins, Natalya and so many others.
The Funkadactyls talk about Naomi's return

If that wasn’t enough, AJ’s record-long title reign looks to be in serious danger after a spat with Tamina on Raw. Can AJ & Tamina recover from their rift on Raw? And who will stand out tonight, when Brie & Nikki take on an unlikely pairing of Natalya & Summer Rae?
What ‘giant’ surprises are in store for ‘Miz TV’?
[resize=361]
20140317_RAW_8ManTag_2.jpg
[/resize]
Tonight, “The Most Must-See Talk Show in WWE History” returns to SmackDown and there is a huge guest ready to tip the scales. Big Show joins The Awesome One on “Miz TV” as he readies himself for the first-ever Andre the Giant Memorial Over-The-Top Battle Royal on The Grandest Stage of Them All.
Watch Hulk Hogan bodyslam Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III

Ever since “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan announced that the colossal contest will take place at The Showcase of the Immortals on April 6, several Superstars have come forward, throwing their hats into the ring – begging the question, who is next? And what will Big Show have to say about it all to his outspoken former tag team partner?

Anyone watching SmackDown tonight?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
#SmackDown is on. If you're watching, catch it with me.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This midget in a bull costume is so annyoing. Don't worry, Summer Rae, I'll comfort you.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The Shield just got raped and murdered

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The Shield are killing in their new babyface roles. And I think I'd be down with a New Age Outlaws match with Shield at 'Mania.

Keep Kane out of that shit, though.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Mizanin needs to retire to the post and pre-shows. He's making a better commentator than a performer.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Big Show looks happy. I guess he'll honor his father by winning the battle royal