The Official SD Discussion thread for 7/24/09

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Discuss next week's Smackdown in here. Remember, all spoilers or match cards must be in spoiler tags.

Should follow up on the recently great shows.

CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy has been announced as the main event.

seX-Power

Hopefully what they're going to do is change the PPV match to a gimmick match of some sort after Punk DQes himself on Smackdown in their match.

Airfixx

Hopefully what they're going to do is change the PPV match to a gimmick match of some sort after Punk DQes himself on Smackdown in their match.

That could help spice the PPV match up a bit (My expectations aren't high so far), but I generally hate it when the only way they can find to promote a PPV match is to have the same match on TV 3 days before.... What the hell happened to the days of "....And finally they stand toe to toe in the ring"??????

kali3

Reaction score
That could help spice the PPV match up a bit (My expectations aren't high so far), but I generally hate it when the only way they can find to promote a PPV match is to have the same match on TV 3 days before.... What the hell happened to the days of "....And finally they stand toe to toe in the ring"??????

Agreed.

Soulpower

There's been a change of plans. It seems someone realized how STUPID it is to give away a PPV match on free tv (Just days before the PPV), so the ME has been changed.

It will now be CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio.

Airfixx

I'm curious TDK; if not Jeff OR Rey then who on the roster would you suggest Punk faces this week? (...Pressumably not Morrison AGAIN?)

...Truth?

...Finlay?

...Khali?

...JTG (or worse Shad)?

Are there even any other faces on SD right now?

vs. Rey seems fair enough to me... Especially as it'll prob pan out to be a decent match.

WARNING: If anyone spoils the 'Jericho's Partner' cliff-hanger before the show airs tonight.... I WILL hunt you down!

the dark knight

I'm curious TDK; if not Jeff OR Rey then who on the roster would you suggest Punk faces this week? (...Pressumably not Morrison AGAIN?)

...Truth?

...Finlay?

...Khali?

...JTG (or worse Shad)?

Are there even any other faces on SD right now?

vs. Rey seems fair enough to me... Especially as it'll prob pan out to be a decent match.

WARNING: If anyone spoils the 'Jericho's Partner' cliff-hanger before the show airs tonight.... I WILL hunt you down!
..............i wasn't talking about the main event. the entire show sucked dick. i know some of you might like a match or two but shit, it was so boring and it did almost nothing to advance any storyline.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
I liked this week's SmackDown. I liked the match between Jeff Hardy and Chris Jericho.

Airfixx

Has anyone EVER seen anyone sell the Khali-bomb as well as Knox did this week? It actually looked GOOD!!! :wdf:

...Wasn't the greatest show this week (based on recent standards), but still some pretty good ring action for TV.