The Official Raw Discussion Thread for 7/20/09

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Won't get to see this weeks show in a hurry, but jeeeeez it sounds shit.

WDF is that US title match all about?

Kofi, MVP, Miz, Carlito, Swagger, and Show

Miz has been jobbing to Cena all for the last month, Carlito hasn't wrestled since the Colon's split on the back a of 2 big losses & MVP jobbing all over the shop, yet they can't find space for the guy (Bourne) that beat the champ clean just 2 weeks ago???????

FUCK THAT! (By that logic we shouuldn't expect to see Morrison get his WHC title shot any time soon either....)

So what's this "six-pack challenge" biz all about anyway? I assume it won't be elimination rules, so.... First decision wins...? Gauntlet match rules...? I can't recall the rules when they did it for the cruiserweight title.

Soulpower

I'm just wondering why Primo got the pin (And actually looked great throughout the tag match), if he's not even going to be in the US title match at NOC?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I said this in my last review... nobody picked it up... but has anyone noticed that Primo has an Eddie Guerrero kinda style in the ring? He wrestles like a big man, but still with a luchador background. Fast, strong, works the elements, doesn't make so many dumb decisions. Body-wise they're about the same, height, weight, stature. I'm not saying he's the next EG, but his work ethic is pretty high and it looks like he can really work if the WWE books him right and pushes him.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Raw wasn't all that there were some good bits but majority of show sucked. Opening segment was alright, Is it just me or did Cena and Trips come off a bit DXish in that segment ?. Any how ZZ Top sucked Balls. But Santino made up for that he is gold. 6 man Tag was OK match. Bit pissed MVPs push has cooled off. Primo looked really good through out that match. Kendrick/King was meh. Jericho/Henry was good match i though and Henry is over big time. Chavo/Horny pointless piece of crap. Diva's cant comment FWD it. Main Event i quite liked this match wasn't contender for MOTY or anything but i thought it was pretty good. all in all not a very good Raw TBH. Hope next weeks picks up were last weeks left off, Because this weeks Raw tanked.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
The opening segment of RAW with Cena, Triple H. and Legacy was funny. ZZ Top sucked as the guest host of RAW. I did like the Legacy vs Cena and Triple H. match. The look on Orton's face after Cena pinned him was funny.

rossyboy

Reaction score
Is this right? I heard that Brian Christopher was in a match.

Soulpower

but has anyone noticed that Primo has an Eddie Guerrero kinda style in the ring?

Just a bit, though its more similar to Eddie in his early days (In Japan and Mexico) than Eddie in his later days (After the steroid use and abuse). Though I have to admit, Primo is nowhere near as good as Eddie on the mat, but he might have him beat in the aerial department.

Is this right? I heard that Brian Christopher was in a match.

Lol, no.

Airfixx

Managed to catch Raw last night afterall...

Very rare I reach for the ffwd button cos you don't know what you've missed until you miss it (so to speak. lol), but they really did have nothing this week:

ZZ Top brought very little save for a few puns and being props for Santino to lark about with (The legs match was horrible.... Felt sorry for the girls having to stand on that chair and feel themselves up for the camera.)... Sorry, my mistake, they DID have a tour to promote. (LOL @ those out there stating that they performed track X or Y... I'd hardly call waving a couple of guitars about in time with a tape a "perfomance".... Shit, they have a fully amped arena p.a. to play through, they could have at least marked their appearance by actually PLAYING one of their songs in front of the crowd if they were serious about using their appearance to promote their tour). Shaq should be a massive step up from this insignificant nonsense, but c'mon Vince, stop fucking around and bring some more legends in.

The Cena/HHH/Orton segments/match were "meh" except perhaps for the instance when HHH refered to Priceless as 'the girls'.

Only bright spark was Jericho vs Henry and Jericho's promo with Rhodes/Dibiase.

Everything else was totally forgettable.

The midcard is a fucking mess (See previoulsy posted feelings about the challengers).... IMO, the best thing they can do is have Kofi retain and embark on a proper fued (although for no discernable reason other than my thinking they'll want a few title changes to spice up the PPV, I don't belive he will - The match reeks of a lazily booked title-change.).

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah i also think that there will be stupid title changes. I hope to god that the Randy retains and that is not one of the title's that changes hands. IMO i think Rey could possible lose to Ziggler or get cheated out of the title. Women's and or Diva will change hands and a bit of a long shot i know but Jeff takes Punks title. More likely be USA or IC change hands of 1 or both Womens titles change. Really hope the 2 major titles dont change.

the dark knight

santino appearing between every segment killed whatever raw might've been good for.