The Official Nascar Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
So, the title says it all. I dont see one at the top of the page. I was just wondering what you guys thought. Do you guys like NASCAR? Have you ever watched NASCAR? Even if you don't like NASCAR I would like you to post in here and tell us why you do not like NASCAR. So onto the discussion...

Who is your favorite driver? My favorite driver is Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt. Been that way forever. I like other drivers but I only cheer for Jeff Gordon. I watch NASCAR, yes for the crashes, but I also watch it to see the crazy finishes that some races have in the last 5 laps. It is really boring to watch green flag racing I do admit, but the excitement of the races that over shadows that boringness is what drives me.

Thats my look on NASCAR, onto some current events in NASCAR.

So, Jeff Gordon has been setting the trend this season. Martin Truex Jr has a couple wins as well. And as usual, Jimmie Johnson is in the top running, too. So who do you think is going to win the points chase and take home the Nextel Cup Points Championship. I honestly believe that Jeff Gordon will hold off the competition and gain another points championship. If it is not Jeff Gordon, I believe possibly Denny Hamlin could get it this year. He was so close last year, Jeff Burton and Matt Kenseth are having a solid year as well. Thats what I believe to be the chase picture.

Who is the driver that you dislike most? For me, it is Tony Stewart. Honestly, its his attitude that make me dislike him. He talks way too much, and voices his opinion in places he shouldn't. He also nags on the young drivers when they got there in some other way than he did. Anyway, I've said enough about him I just dont like him.

What about Dale Jr. Signing with Hendrik. I can't wait for 2008 to see how he does with the likes of Gordon and Johnson. I think that the three of them are going to feed off each other and click on the track and be unstopable. I wonder if Hendrik is going to try and buy the number 8 off of D.E.I.? Well that is a good start, let me know how you feel about what I have said. Share your favorite driver, your disliked driver, your view on the chase picture, whats gonna happen with JR, or anything else you can think of. And like I said, let us know why you don't like NASCAR, if you dont.

Thank you, happy discussion.

circle

Reaction score
My favorite driver is Tony Stewart

Overall, I like Nascar...its hard to get into, but the drivers are funny and I enjoy watching the Nextel Cup Series.

I know a lot of die hard fans hate J. Gordon

Reaction score
I know, not a lot of people like Jeff Gordon. Oh, well. Well, this thread fizzled out. Obvioulsy NASCAR doesnt mix with wrestling very well.

Reaction score
I believe the car of tomorrow will help in some ways as well. Sure I wish they would have it split up, so they still use the old car on the long ones so it goes faster. But the car of tomorrow, once the drivers get used to it, I believe will be more exciting that anything we have seen.

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
I believe the car of tomorrow will help in some ways as well. Sure I wish they would have it split up, so they still use the old car on the long ones so it goes faster. But the car of tomorrow, once the drivers get used to it, I believe will be more exciting that anything we have seen.

It's too big and the speed goes way down. The only way that you are able to out edge the competition is engine power now so no more good chassis setups. Also when these things crash they barely spin around instead of the fantastic crashes we have seen before, that is why some watch Nascar. Nascar needs to make the cars without the spoiler but improve safety.

Reaction score
I agree with you about the crashes. However, I believe that goes along with the drivers not being used to them. You know, they dont want to try and get it to do something if they dont know it will do it. So that might be cutting back on huge wrecks. The decision has been made though for the car of tomorrow to be fully instituted next season. We will have to see how it goes.

Y2JFan

Reaction score
Woo-hoo! NASCAR--I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it.

My favorite is Junior, or course, but I have several other favorites as well:
Elliot Sadler, Casey Mears, Tony Stewart, Michael Waltrip, Ken Schrader, Kenny Wallace, Carl Edwards and David Stremme

Still not sure what to think about the COT

I don't understand why people are so mean to Jeff Gordon. He is a perfectly nice and decent guy.

I also don't understand why people boo Jimmie Johnson, same thing-very nice and decent guy.

The finish of the Pepsi 400 was the best I've seen.