• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Gruden, 59, said he was going to be "honest" with the gathering.

"I'm ashamed about what has come about in these emails, and I'll make no excuses for it," he said. "It's shameful. But, I am a good person. I believe that. I go to church. I've been married for 31 years. I've got three great boys. I still love football. I've made some mistakes. But I don't think anybody in here hasn't. And I just ask for forgiveness and, hopefully, I get another shot."
Gruden, 59, said he was going to be "honest" with the gathering.

"I'm ashamed about what has come about in these emails, and I'll make no excuses for it," he said. "It's shameful. But, I am a good person. I believe that. I go to church. I've been married for 31 years. I've got three great boys. I still love football. I've made some mistakes. But I don't think anybody in here hasn't. And I just ask for forgiveness and, hopefully, I get another shot."

Gruden's emails, which contained racist, anti-gay and misogynistic language, first came to light in a Wall Street Journal article Oct. 8.

I'm a good person because I still go to church :bosque

• Haha
Reactions: Doom

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Happy to see my Eagles sure up that Secondary today getting one of the better Young Cornerbacks/Safeties in C. J. Gardner-Johnson. From what I heard from Players and Reports dude is a scrapper and is a guy who will be make impactful Tackles when you need him.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
2020 Eagles' 1st round pick Jalen Reagor's traded to the Vikings for late round picks, according to the Bleacher Report.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
:lol

He got rid of Reagor for a 2023 7th-round pick and a 2024 conditional 4th-round that could drop to a 5th Round Pick if Reagor doesn't meet some Stats. 2 Picks for a guy who I'm saying nicely was a major bust when you look at the rest of the Field from that Draft especially at WR. Lamb, Jefferson who was drafted a pick later than Reagor, Jerry Jeudy, Brandon Aiyuk, and I would even say Higgins>Reagor. We'll be fine at WR with Smith, AJ Brown, Pascal, Watkins, Cain, and Covey on the Depth Chart.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Titans linebacker Harold Landry out for the season with a torn ACL.

FUCK!!!

:sodone:

This sucks for the defense as a whole, because he's our top pass rusher. I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Sad
Reactions: Swerve

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG

FUCK!!!

This sucks for the defense as a whole, because he's our top pass rusher. I wish him a speedy recovery.
I hope he gets well soon!

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

FUCK!!!

Oh fuck didn't he just get $$$$$ to

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Oh fuck didn't he just get $$$$$ to
Yep. He signed a 5-year $87.5 million contract extension with $52.5 million guaranteed.

Surprisingly, Blake Martinez was released by the Giants. This is the Titans' chance of signing him because the team really do need a replacement for Landry, pronto.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Pittsburgh Steelers to retire Franco Harris' No. 32 to honor 50th anniversary of Immaculate Reception​

ESPN

PITTSBURGH -- As part of a weekend-long celebration to honor the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception, the Steelers will retire the No. 32 jersey of Franco Harris.

The running back's number is only the third to be retired by the Steelers, joining Ernie Stautner (70) and Joe Greene (75). Harris is also the first Steelers offensive player to have his number retired.

"The Immaculate Reception marked the turning point in franchise history," Steelers team president Art Rooney II said. "My grandfather once was quoted saying, 'Before Franco got here, we didn't win much. Since he got here, we don't lose.' I think that sums it up pretty good. Franco's impact on the franchise would be hard to overstate."

Harris' number will be retired at halftime of the Dec. 24 primetime game against the Oakland Raiders. The Steelers will also wear a special yellow patch on their jerseys honoring the 50th anniversary of the game.

Rooney asked the NFL for a home game on the weekend of the Immaculate Reception anniversary.

"I pointed out to them that we actually had the Raiders on our schedule this year, not thinking that they would actually put the Raiders in Pittsburgh that weekend," Rooney said. "So I was surprised when it happened."

The day before, on the actual anniversary of Harris' legendary play, the Steelers will hold a ceremony at 3:29 p.m. on the marker outside the stadium in the exact spot where Harris made the catch in 1972. The ceremony will be open to the public and attended by Harris, some of his teammates and former Raiders players Mike Siani and Phil Villapiano. A replay of the radio broadcast will be available on the team website.

"In my wildest dreams, I never expected it and, and it never crossed my mind," Harris said of having his number retired. "It just wasn't something that was top of mind. The Steelers don't retire numbers. So you don't have any thoughts about it. And so when Art mentioned it to me, I was blown away. I mean, that was a wow moment and unbelievable."

Not only did Harris snag the Immaculate Reception, he also was a part of four Super Bowls and was the Super Bowl IX MVP. He also earned the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 1972 and was named NFL Man of the Year in 1976. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1990.

"No one saw the Steelers of the '70s coming," Harris said. "Nobody saw that, and it probably was beyond all expectations and dreams."

Congrats to Franco on having his number retired.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Emmanuel Sanders calls it a career.

Two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders calls it a career after 12 seasons in NFL​

ESPN

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With a job as a television analyst waiting and a desire to move on to the next stage of his life, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, 35, formally announced his retirement from the NFL on Wednesday.

Sanders, who spent most of six of his 12 NFL seasons in Denver, was in the Broncos' complex with his family to make the announcement. He closed out his career with 13 starts with the Buffalo Bills last season.

A third-round pick by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2010 draft, Sanders finished his career with 704 receptions, 9,245 yards and 51 touchdowns. He was a two-time Pro Bowl selection, played in three Super Bowls and was part of the Broncos' Super Bowl 50 winning team.

"I'm proud to stand up here and tell you ... that I chased down this dream and it was a hell of a ride,'' Sanders said.

Sanders said he "had a couple teams reach out'' to play this season but ultimately said his long-term health considerations, as well as the death of longtime friend Demaryius Thomas last December, factored into his decision. Sanders said he wasn't ready to make formal announcement Wednesday about his immediate future but added he has agreed to a deal to be a television analyst.

"Game of football is tough on the body, and I lost a close friend [in Thomas],'' Sanders said. " ... I had a heck of a career. I've been to three Super Bowls. For me, what else do I have to prove?''

All three of Sanders' 1,000-yard seasons came with the Broncos, two with Peyton Manning at quarterback. Sanders was part of the Broncos' 2014 free-agency binge that also included linebacker DeMarcus Ware, cornerback Aqib Talib and safety T.J. Ward.

At the time, he called Denver "wide receiver heaven'' because of Manning's arrival in 2012. Wednesday, Sanders recounted just how close he was to signing with the Kansas City Chiefs instead of Denver in 2014 -- he was in the Chiefs' complex when then-Broncos general manager John Elway called -- and not playing with Manning.

"I wanted to sign three years [in Kansas City] and they wanted me to sign four,'' Sanders said. " ... I get the call, in the facility, that I can go to Denver ... and I remember telling [the Chiefs] I kind of want to go back to my hotel and figure out the situation ... I was just trying to get out there so I could celebrate that I'm about to go play with Peyton.''

The Broncos traded Sanders to the San Francisco 49ers after seven games in the 2019 season, the same year he had characterized the struggles of the post-Manning Broncos as "living in a world of suck.'' Sanders then played 2020 with the New Orleans Saints before he had 42 receptions for 626 yards and four touchdowns for the Bills last season.

• Sad
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Tonight's the start of the 2022 NFL Season!!!

I'm hyped!

Reactions: Hidden Blaze