• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
I'm glad I kept away from Smarks after the Game with the Bucs/Eagles ended so I can calm down and get my thoughts together. Probably one of the worst losses I've seen my Eagles take in the Playoffs it still doesn't beat out the 4 NFC Championship losses and 2 of them were at Home. Still it hurts because you thought man yeah it would be tough to beat the Defending Champs but they showed nothing out there vs a few plays from players who were actually fighting for the team. The Offense clearly needs help at WR(Reagor I'm looking at you) you can't expect Smith and Goedert to win you Games if you throwing to them every damn play. You need a Vet and you need to scrap Reagor and JJ and the Offense would be lively out there if you keep guys like Scott with Sanders in the Offense. Hurts had a terrible performance clearly the moment and the inexperience came to play as the Game went out. My GM/Owner better keep Hurts unless you have some special QB in the Draft that you expect to change life for you(looked at the Draft theirs no one super special there) then keep him. Granted their might be QB possibly there to get Wilson, Watson and maybe Rodgers but if you give up those Picks then who is that new QB going to be throwing to and it's going to the same end result.

Now to the Defense God rest his Soul Jim Johnson is rolling in his Grave watching that Defense today. We literally put out the same scheme vs them and you saw it so much how conservative we were at the worst times. Earlier this Week Gronk described the Eagles Defense as safe and if he thought that the rest of the Bucs Offense had no fear of us at all. We need need impact players on Defense at DE/LB that can help us because it sad to watch them throughout the Season get little or no pressure on the QB when it matter. Get it done in the Draft or FA I don't care how it's done get it done. We weren't suppose to be the Playoffs so in some way I'm happy we got there and got experience for the young team but geez guys you really crapped the bed today.

^I'm going to need to see energy that people gave Philly fans with us throwing Snowballs and Popcorn at players to them Cowboys Fans. Yaw played like bums like my Eagles today and the expectations were higher and people were penciling in that team in Championship and SB spots and now it's time pay the Piper. Shannon is going to eat up Skip tomorrow on Undisputed I think they put up 8 or 10 Cases of Dew on the Game.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
5mcJ2HS.jpg

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Yeah for the Niners to have a shot they'll need Bosa to play next Week and with Concussions you never know if it takes them a Week or 2 Weeks to get right. The only team this Week that looked good in a losing effort is the Raiders, and The Pats, Cowboys, Eagles, and Steelers should be ashamed of themselves but I have at least have excuses to use :lol

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Dallas wouldn’t have gotten out of the next round if they won, it was better to lose now than to get annihilated next game.

Niners are going to get pounded at Lambeau, I think the best game next weekend is gonna be Bills and Chiefs, don’t think it’s gonna be like last time they met.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Cowboys.... It was going to be an uphill battle for them anyway because of the Bucs, Packers, Cardinals/Rams being strong teams. Wish that they could have beaten the 49ers just to win a playoff game but... ugh.

The Eagles absolutely was the worst team of the weekend.

Rams vs. Cardinals should be good.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Dallas wouldn’t have gotten out of the next round if they won, it was better to lose now than to get annihilated next game.

Niners are going to get pounded at Lambeau, I think the best game next weekend is gonna be Bills and Chiefs, don’t think it’s gonna be like last time they met.

Should be a Shootout. I'm looking forward to Bengals/Titans with the return of Derrick Henry he's ready to go nuts. It's like you allowing a Lion out of his Cage and not feeding the Lion for Weeks expect him to be hungry to put a hurting on the Bengals.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Cowboys.... It was going to be an uphill battle for them anyway because of the Bucs, Packers, Cardinals/Rams being strong teams. Wish that they could have beaten the 49ers just to win a playoff game but... ugh.

The Eagles absolutely was the worst team of the weekend.

Rams vs. Cardinals should be good.

That’s why I’m highly disappointed Dallas is out, yet, also feel relieved. They were not ready for a super bowl, the challenges ahead were going to be embarrassing bitch slaps. Coaching needs to be dealt with. I’m glad I’m old enough to have watched them win 3 Super Bowls, but, this drought is ridiculous.

Doom

La Bestia
Hell yeah! King Henry's expected to play in tomorrow's Divisional Round game!

ESPN

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans will activate running back Derrick Henry for their AFC divisional-round playoff game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Saturday, and he is expected to start when the offense takes the field, a source told ESPN.

The team has until 4 p.m. ET on Friday to make the move official.

Titans coach Mike Vrabel wanted to see how Henry would respond to contact during practice on Tuesday, when the team was in pads, before deciding whether the team would add Henry to the 53-man roster. Running backs coach Tony Dews put Henry through a series of drills during the individual period of practice; each drill concluded with a collision with two defensive players.

"It has been a while since he has had contact," Vrabel said. "We are going to have to do these things that will come close to replicating what is going to be asked of him in a football game."

Henry took part in all practices this week and didn't have any setbacks. The Titans felt that Henry showed progress throughout the week as his workload increased.

"I felt great," Henry said. "I just wanted to get some pads on. Haven't them on in a while and got some contact going."

How much of a workload Henry will get against the Bengals on Saturday remains to be seen. Offensive coordinator Todd Downing said the team will monitor how Henry progresses during the game.

Henry said he isn't concerned about getting a heavy workload and is willing to do whatever it takes to help his team win. He feels he's done everything he can during practice to get ready so he can contribute on game day.

Downing acknowledged that the flow of the game could also dictate how much Henry plays. But he is looking forward to the potential of having the "three-headed monster" in the backfield, which would consist of Henry, D'Onta Foreman and Dontrell Hilliard. Foreman and Hilliard combined for 916 rushing yards and five touchdowns in nine games.

The Titans designated Henry for return to practice from injured reserve on Jan. 5. The designation opened a 21-day window for Henry to be added to the 53-man active roster.

Henry was placed on injured reserve on Nov. 1 because of a fractured foot he suffered in the team's 34-31 win over the Indianapolis Colts in Week 8. Despite only playing eight games, Henry's 937 rushing yards and 10 rushing touchdowns rank sixth among all running backs this season. Henry led the NFL in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns at the time of his injury.

Doom

La Bestia
Here's some moves going on in the NFL:

ESPN

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers coach Matt Rhule was looking for an offensive coordinator with NFL experience, and he is getting that with former New York Giants head coach Ben McAdoo.

McAdoo will be named to his new position once contract details are worked out, a league source told ESPN. He will replace Joe Brady, who was fired with five games left in the season.

Running backs coach Jeff Nixon finished the season as Carolina's play caller, but never was under serious consideration after the Panthers averaged 13.6 points under him.

Rhule talked to eight or nine candidates, some from the college ranks, before settling on McAdoo. Rhule actually considered adding McAdoo to his staff as a senior offensive assistant when he became the Panthers' head coach in 2020.

McAdoo, 44, spent this past season as a consultant for the Dallas Cowboys. He has 16 years of NFL experience, including two (2016-17) as the head coach of the Giants after two as their offensive coordinator under Tom Coughlin, one of Rhule's mentors.

McAdoo also was the quarterbacks coach for the Green Bay Packers (2012-13) and offensive line coach for the San Francisco 49ers (2005). Assisting Rhule in hiring an offensive line coach and rebuilding the offensive line will be one of McAdoo's first priorities.

McAdoo also has experience coaching tight ends, another area needing an upgrade at Carolina. He was the tight ends coach at Green Bay in 2010 when the Packers won Super Bowl XLV. That experience in the passing game under Mike McCarthy was another factor in him being hired.

McAdoo will take over a Carolina offense that ranked 30th in the NFL this past season with Sam Darnold and Cam Newton as the starting quarterbacks. In his first year as the offensive coordinator in New York, the Giants improved from 28th in 2013 to 13th in 2014.

It jumped to sixth in 2015.

Among those on McAdoo's staff were Sean Ryan (wide receivers) and Kevin Gilbride (tight ends), both with the Panthers now. Ryan is the quarterbacks coach and Gilbride is a defensive analyst but could see his role change.

McAdoo had a big impact on then-Giants quarterback Eli Manning. Manning completed a career-high 63.1% of his passes in his first season under McAdoo, up from 57.5% in 2013. He also had 30 touchdown passes, the second-most of his career at the time.

Manning threw a career-best 35 touchdowns in 2015 and completed 62.6% of his passes.

It's that consistency and improvement Rhule wants with the Panthers, who ranked 29th in passing yards (190.1 per game) in 2021, whether it's with Darnold or a quarterback added in free agency or the draft.

Darnold ranked 29th in the league in passing this past season with a 59.9% of his passes completed and nine touchdowns to 13 interceptions.

"The one thing I do want, I'd like to find someone who has experience, having done it,'' Rhule said after the season. "It's one thing to make suggestions. It's another thing to make the call.

"One thing about these jobs, whether it's being the starting quarterback, being the OC, being a DC, being a head coach, is every year you learn from the good things you did and the bad things you did.''

ESPN

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants have hired Buffalo Bills assistant general manager Joe Schoen as their new general manager. He replaces Dave Gettleman, who retired last week after a four-year stint that produced a 19-46 record.

Schoen becomes just the Giants' fifth general manager in the past 41 years. His first order of business will be to drive the organization's search for a new head coach. Joe Judge was the third consecutive New York coach to be fired after two seasons or fewer when he was dismissed after a 4-13 campaign.

"Now, the work begins," Schoen said in a statement. "My immediate focus is to hire a head coach, with who I will work in lockstep with to create a collaborative environment for our football operations."

The Giants are expected to request permission to speak with former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores for the opening, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Flores' first choice of jobs would be the Giants, a source told Raanan. Flores is from Brooklyn, and the Giants gig would represent a homecoming. He has already interviewed with Houston and Chicago.

The Giants are also expected to speak with Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, among others, sources told Schefter.

Hiring a coach will just be the beginning for Schoen, as he has to fix a franchise that is tied for the worst record (22-59) over the past five seasons with the New York Jets. League sources have indicated the Giants painted the impression with candidates that the next GM will receive sort of a carte blanche to reshape the structure of the organization as needed.

Kansas City Chiefs executive director of player personnel Ryan Poles, Schoen and San Francisco 49ers assistant general manager Adam Peters were the three known finalists for the job.

Schoen has worked closely with Bills general manager Brandon Beane, building Buffalo into a powerhouse in recent years. The Bills won their second consecutive AFC East title this season and are set to play the Chiefs on Sunday in an AFC divisional-round playoff game.

A former quarterback/wide receiver at DePauw University, Schoen was part of the group that selected quarterback Josh Allen with the seventh overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft. The Giants grabbed running back Saquon Barkley that year at No. 2 overall. It was a franchise-changing decision for Buffalo, which has recorded double-digit wins each of the past three seasons.

Schoen's career began in 2000 as an intern in the Carolina Panthers' ticket department. He worked his way up the ladder from there, spending time in personnel with the Panthers, Dolphins and Bills. He rose to director of player personnel with the Dolphins under Bill Parcells, then reunited with Beane, his former co-worker in Carolina, in Buffalo.

Schoen has worked extensively with the analytics, personnel and football operations, and has been described by co-workers as someone who "never stops working." He also interviewed with the Chicago Bears and was involved in the Panthers' general manager search last year.
Great hire by the Giants. If he manages to talk and hire Brian Flores, or tries to go after Eric Bieniemy to get his first head coaching job, or if he decides to wanting to coach the NFL again, hire Jim Harbaugh, then the rebuilding of the Giants football team will be off to a great start.

Doom

La Bestia
ESPN

The Baltimore Ravens have fired defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale with one year remaining on his contract, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Friday.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh issued a statement Friday saying he and Martindale "agreed to move forward in separate directions."

"We have had a great run on defense, and I am very proud of what has been accomplished and the work he has done," Harbaugh said in his statement. "Don has been a major contributor to the success of our defense since 2012, and especially since he became defensive coordinator four years ago. He has done a great job. Now it is time to pursue other opportunities.

"Sometimes the moment comes, and it's the right time. I am personally grateful for our friendship and for everything he has done in Baltimore."

The Ravens (8-9) this season became the first team in the past 19 seasons to go from being the No. 1 seed in the conference to failing to make the playoffs six weeks later, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

The Ravens fell to 25th in the league in points and yards allowed this season, after they led the league in points (18.2) and yards allowed (307.8) in Martindale's first three seasons as defensive coordinator (2018 to '20).

Just one year ago, Ravens players were shocked that Martindale wasn't contacted for any NFL head coaching vacancies. A year later, he is out with the Ravens and is expected to be a hot candidate for any assistant coach vacancy around the league.

Baltimore has a number of areas to address on defense this offseason with the team perhaps looking to add four new starters on that side of the ball. The Ravens managed just 34 sacks this season, which ranked 22nd in the league.

Defensive linemen Calais Campbell and Brandon Williams -- who combined for 1,012 snaps this season -- are entering free agency this offseason, and middle linebacker is also an area of concern after the team moved former first-round pick Patrick Queen out of that spot.

The secondary, meanwhile, needs a playmaking safety and a No. 3 cornerback.

I'm very shocked to see the Ravens fire Martindale after the years he's been in the organization. He should have been given one more season before he's fired.