• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

Doom

La Bestia
Yeah crazy situation, but I have seen people drunk do some crazy things. Hopefully it was just one of those times that he was loopy drunk. Doesn't make it right, but still always seemed like a good dude.
I believe he's a good dude. He probably had too much to drink, that can make you make bad decisions. It's never pretty when it goes down that road.

Doom

La Bestia
Judge orders Richard Sherman to be released from jail without bail with several conditions

A King County (Washington) judge ordered Richard Sherman to be released from custody on his personal recognizance Thursday under several conditions.

Judge Fa'amomoi Masaniai also ordered Sherman not to drink alcohol or do drugs and he is not allowed to have contact with his father-in-law as part of his conditions to be released. Sherman also is not allowed to possess a weapon.

Sherman, who did not appear before the judge in Thursday's hearing and was represented by his attorney, was released without bail after prosecutors had requested bail of $10,000 be set.

"I see Mr. Sherman as a pillar in this community. He's a business owner, a husband, he's a father. I'm going to release Sherman on his own promise to return to court," Masaniai said during the hearing, according to KING 5 News.

Masaniai found probable cause that Sherman could be charged with four offenses: misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor charges of criminal trespass in the second degree and malicious mischief in the third degree, both carrying domestic violence designations, and misdemeanor charges of resisting arrest and driving under the influence.

King County prosecutors did not ask Masaniai to consider the felony charge of burglary domestic violence that the free-agent cornerback was booked for at 6:08 a.m. Thursday after he was arrested for allegedly trying to break into his wife's parents' residence.

Sherman's next hearing is set for 2 p.m. PT on Friday. He does not have to be present for the hearing and can be represented by his attorney.

King County prosecutors are still reviewing law enforcement documents and have not made a decision on whether to pursue charges. A charging decision is expected as soon as Friday, according to a spokesperson with the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Cam Newton: 'It's time for me to uphold my end of the bargain' with Patriots

I'm sure he wants to, but don't think it's possible at this point.

Necro

AP: 4 NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated - Washington, Indianapolis, Arizona and the Los Angeles Chargers.

:smh

Necro

Richard Sherman charged with five misdemeanors, including DUI and resisting arrest

In February, King County prosecutors and the sheriff obtained an "extreme risk protection order'' for Sherman, which barred him from having guns after a judge determined he posed a danger to himself or others. Details of the case were sealed, and it was not immediately clear whether any weapons had been seized from him.

------

Mental health is no joke, hope he gets the help he needs.

Necro

Report: Ravens' Lamar Jackson's New Contract Expected to Be Between $40-45M per Year

Good for him!

Necro

NFL warning to teams: COVID-19 outbreaks among unvaccinated players could lead to forfeited games

The NFL has added an additional COVID-19 vaccination incentive for players, threatening forfeits and the loss of game checks if an outbreak among unvaccinated players causes an unresolvable disruption in the regular-season schedule.

Commissioner Roger Goodell informed clubs of the new policy Thursday in a memo. The league has encouraged vaccination for players but has not required it, per an agreement with the NFL Players Association.

Instead, the league has set up a series of incentives. As of Thursday, Goodell wrote, more than 75% of NFL players were at least partially vaccinated and more than half of the league's teams have player vaccination rates above 80%.

Unvaccinated players will be subject to severe protocols during training camp and the regular season, including daily testing, mask-wearing and travel restrictions. Thursday's memo made clear that unvaccinated players could, in theory, be responsible for the losses of games and paychecks as well.

The new policy drills down on a scenario that never occurred in 2020, when the NFL postponed five games and moved 10 others to accommodate outbreaks. A forfeit will be called in 2021 if all of the following circumstances occur:

• A game is postponed by requirement of government authorities or medical experts, or at the discretion of the commissioner, because of ongoing health concerns of an outbreak.

• The league can't find a suitable date to reschedule within the 18-week framework of the regular season.

•. The original postponement was caused by an outbreak among unvaccinated players of one team.

The NFL was able to reschedule all of the games it postponed in 2020, but it's possible it might not go to the same extremes -- such as playing a game on a Tuesday or Wednesday -- as it did during its first pandemic season.

According to the memo: "Whether to reschedule a postponed game will be dependent on health and safety reasons at the recommendation of medical experts as well as considerations of stadium availability, schedule integrity, fan convenience, and other appropriate matters."

If the forfeit occurs, players from both teams will lose their game checks. The team that suffered the outbreak would be responsible for any shortfall into the league's revenue-sharing pool and also would be credited with a loss for the purposes of playoff seeding, with the opposing team credited for a win.

According to Caesars William Hill, if a game is forfeited, a wager for standard spread, money line and total wager on that game will be voided.

"These operating principles are designed to allow us to play a full season in a safe and responsible way," Goodell wrote, "and address possible competitive or financial issues fairly. While there is no question that health conditions have improved from last year, we cannot be complacent or simply assume that we will be able to play without interruption - either due to Covid outbreaks among our clubs or outbreaks that occur within the larger community. These principles are intended to help inform decisions, recognizing that, as in 2020, we will need to remain flexible and adapt to possibly changing conditions."

According to the memo, if an outbreak among vaccinated players causes the postponement of a game, the league "will attempt to minimize the competitive and economic burden on both participating teams."

I'm not surprised by this.

Doom

La Bestia
Rick Dennison out as Minnesota Vikings assistant after refusing COVID-19 vaccine, sources say

EAGAN, Minn. -- After refusing to receive a vaccine for COVID-19, Rick Dennison is out as a Minnesota Vikings assistant coach, sources told ESPN on Friday.

Dennison, who had served as the Vikings' offensive line coach/run game coordinator the past two seasons, is believed to be the first NFL position coach to leave his team after choosing not to receive a vaccine.

The vaccine is required for all Tier 1 staff, including coaches, front-office executives, equipment managers and scouts. Players are not required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine but will face strict protocols during training camp and throughout the season that vaccinated players will be able to forgo.

In a memo released by the league this summer, the NFL said any unvaccinated Tier 1 staff member must provide a valid religious or medical reason for not receiving the vaccine. Losing Tier 1 status prohibits coaches from being on the field and in meeting rooms and having direct interactions with players.

Phil Rauscher has been promoted from assistant offensive line coach to fill Dennison's position, sources told ESPN. The Vikings also hired Ben Steele, who had recently been hired by Auburn as a special-teams analyst, to fill the position Rauscher had held since 2019.

Dennison's departure comes at a time of transition for the Vikings' offense, which will be guided by first-year offensive coordinator Klint Kubiak. Kubiak, 34, was promoted to fill the role his father, Gary, held in Minnesota during the 2020 season.

With 27 years of NFL coaching experience, Dennison was considered a vital piece in helping bridge the gap for the younger Kubiak, given his experience calling run plays and knowledge of the scheme the Vikings have used since the 2019 season.

The Vikings were one of the league's prominent running teams in 2020 behind Dalvin Cook, who became the first Minnesota player to rush for at least 1,500 yards and 15 touchdowns in a season. Cook was responsible for 30.5% of the Vikings' scrimmage yards, the second-highest rate in the NFL behind Tennessee's Derrick Henry (33.8), according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Dennison, 63, worked with Gary Kubiak for more than three decades in Denver (1995-2009, 2015-16), Houston (2010-13) and Baltimore (2014). Before joining the Vikings in 2019, Dennison served as offensive line coach/run game coordinator for the New York Jets in 2018

Rauscher is entering his seventh season as a coach in the NFL after joining the Vikings in 2020. He coached with Dennison on the Broncos staff during the 2015 and 2016 seasons and was Washington's offensive line coach in 2019.

Steele was on several NFL rosters as a tight end from 2001 to 2007, including in Houston under Gary Kubiak. He began working in the NFL in 2013 as an offensive quality control coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a position he held until 2016. Steele was later promoted to tight ends coach for the Buccaneers before moving to the Atlanta Falcons, where he was an offensive assistant in 2019 and tight ends coach in 2020. He was hired by Auburn earlier this year.

The Vikings will hold their first training camp 8io practice Wednesday.
I wonder what Grim thinks of this because the NFL's not bullshiting for anyone who turns down the vaccine.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Rick Dennison out as Minnesota Vikings assistant after refusing COVID-19 vaccine, sources say

I wonder what Grim thinks of this because the NFL's not bullshiting for anyone who turns down the vaccine.

good_im_glad_donald_glover.gif

Doom

La Bestia
Minnesota Vikings rookie DT Jaylen Twyman, who was shot 4 times in June, to report to camp, agent says

rookie defensive tackle Jaylen Twyman, who was shot four times this summer in Washington, D.C., "has recovered enough from his gunshot wounds that he will be reporting to training camp Sunday with the other rookies," agent Drew Rosenhaus told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"He's really excited," Rosenhaus said.

Twyman is expected to start camp on the non-football injury list, but he believes he will be able to play at some point early this season, Rosenhaus said.

Two of Twyman's gunshot wounds are completely healed, but his pelvis wound still is causing some issues.

Twyman was in a vehicle when he was shot four times -- in the arm, leg, buttocks and shoulder -- in June. He was one of several people wounded.

Minnesota drafted Twyman with the 199th pick in May. Before opting out of the 2020 season, Twyman became the first interior defensive lineman to lead Pitt in sacks (10.5 in 2019) since Aaron Donald achieved the same feat six years prior.
I find this very inspirational for the man who survived being shot, to report to camp and train for the upcoming season. He's a gutsy guy to keep focus on his NFL career.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights