The Official 2024 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
The Timberwolves have won 6 straight for the first time since 2004. Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming but is this hope I'm feeling?

Reactions: Swerve

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Grim Theft Auto said:
The Timberwolves have won 6 straight for the first time since 2004. Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming but is this hope I'm feeling?
gonna get knocked out round 1

Reactions: Adapting

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
gonna get knocked out round 1
no-question-about-it-ready-to-get-hurt-again.gif

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Big Game tonight with the Nets/Sixers and I hope Philly gives it to Ben as he sits on the Bench. I want that win though so we can go 6-1 since the All Star Break ended.

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Plus Anthony Edwards has been out for a while or was. *Too lazy to look and see if he's back*

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Plus Anthony Edwards has been out for a while or was. *Too lazy to look and see if he's back*
Ant's back. He had 16 points the other night.

Speaking of, Malik Beasley fucking went wild:

11-17 for 33 points. Most three pointers made without attempting a single free throw or two pointer in NBA history.

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Big Game tonight with the Nets/Sixers and I hope Philly gives it to Ben as he sits on the Bench. I want that win though so we can go 6-1 since the All Star Break ended.
Lol do I need to say anything?

Playoff Harden showed up last night and those Ben chants got real quiet at the end while y'all got blown out by 29.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Lol do I need to say anything?

Playoff Harden showed up last night and those Ben chants got real quiet at the end while y'all got blown out by 29.

I can eat Crow when it happens congrats to the Nets for winning last night but one Game is one Game. We were bad in transition and the Nets probably played their best Defense of the Year because lately even when your Stars were playing it was laughable to watch them defend. I would rather want to see my team go through something like that rather in the Playoffs. We'll see you there but it's pretty obvious that with the mandate that will be most likely be there for Irving it's going to come down to Durant needing to go 40 plus to have this team go anywhere and in a 7 Game Series you saw what happened in the end with that.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just overheard my coworker talking to a friend about her fantasy team and she said "I'm not getting Devante Graham he's not even a real basketball player anymore" :lmao the disrespect bro

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Portland only has eight healthy players or so they say. That is the minimum amount to play games. They are tanking so hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich gets 1,336th win to break Don Nelson's all-time NBA wins record​

ESPN

Gregg Popovich became the all-time winningest head coach in the NBA with 1,336 victories.

Popovich surpassed Don Nelson, who previously held the record for most wins in NBA history, with the San Antonio Spurs' 104-102 win over the Utah Jazz on Friday night.

"Very happy for Pop," longtime Spurs point guard Tony Parker told ESPN. "Very happy. That is a helluva achievement. Well-deserved. That shows his hard work ethic and longevity."

Popovich, 73, is in his 26th season with the Spurs, the longest tenure of any head coach in all four of the U.S. major sports leagues.

All-Star point guard Dejounte Murray said the Spurs did not discuss Popovich closing in on the record but that the players were ready to celebrate the feat.

"Pop doesn't like praise," Murray said. "He doesn't like any of that. It's kind of a good thing. But you also want to remind him of his success because it's rare. Because he's a guy that just wants to focus on winning and every day. He never brings up anything to praise himself.

"We don't talk about [the record], but we damn sure going to enjoy it when we do get it for him because he's a great man and he deserves it. He pushes all his players, whether you're the first guy, last guy, G-League player, 10-day contract, he embraces you from Day 1. He deserves everything."

Popovich, who was named to the NBA's top 15 greatest head coaches of all time in February, has won five championships and is a three-time Coach of the Year winner. He has a record 23 consecutive winning regular seasons and also had a streak of 22 straight playoff appearances.

After coaching at Pomona-Pitzer in Claremont, California, Popovich joined Larry Brown's Spurs staff in 1988. After four seasons with the Spurs, Popovich joined Nelson's staff in Golden State in 1992 as an assistant.

"He's just the greatest coach to ever lace them up," Nelson told ESPN. "When I hired him as an assistant coach [in Golden State in 1992], I figured he could learn something from me. But I learned more from him than he learned from me, that's for sure."

Popovich was with Golden State for two seasons before returning to San Antonio as the general manager and VP of basketball operations in 1994.

During the 1996-97 season, Popovich moved back to the bench, taking over as head coach, where he has remained ever since.

"It's like a no-brainer," said Milwaukee head coach Mike Budenholzer, who spent 17 seasons as a Spurs assistant coach. "If you want to do the top three or the Mount Rushmore [of coaches], I don't think there's any doubt where he is and where he belongs. The success, consistency and the longevity, and the impact he's had on an entire organization, on individual players, on coaches, on GMs, on scouts, on equipment guys, on families. He's been incredibly impactful in just so many ways that go way, way beyond the wins and the games and the championships and all those things.

"Just the consistency to have it, not now, but for 20 years to be a championships contender, playing for championships and playoffs, I just don't think you will ever see that again from one organization, from one coach. That run, the [New England] Patriots kind of similar, I think that is the thing that I know I am probably the most in awe of."

With the Spurs in a rebuilding phase, wins have been tougher to come by for Popovich this season. But those close to him point out that this is just another example of his greatness -- his ability to adapt to the times, the changing game and talent and skills on his roster.

"I think he's adjusted, he's adapted," Hall of Fame center David Robinson told ESPN. "He's won under different circumstances with different mixtures of teams. We were a dominant defensive team, to [the teams] with Kawhi [Leonard] and all those guys, they were dominant offensively. They had a nice mix [on both sides]. And even now, you see how he's had to adjust to a very, very different team.

"I think that's what's made him great. How do you win 67% of your games or whatever it is for 25 years? It's ridiculous. It's pretty amazing."

Popovich has long had the respect from his players and his peers. Besides his coaching success, Popovich has always been vocal about what he believes in, taking a stand for social justice and racial equality.

And while Popovich has now won more games than any other NBA coach, some of his players and staff members also remember how he did some of his best work after excruciating losses by keeping his team together.

After an overtime loss in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals, when the Spurs lost in part due to Ray Allen's iconic 3-point shot, Popovich gathered his team for dinner in Miami and consoled each of his devastated players. The Heat beat the Spurs in seven games, but San Antonio bounced back to beat them in the Finals the next season.

"After losing Game 6 when it was almost the championship won, his phrase was [often], 'Win it together. Lose it together. Man's got to eat.' So we ate together," longtime Spurs forward Manu Ginobili told ESPN. "We talked and basically cried together, and we looked at each other and he went one table at a time with different players, had conversations and tried to cheer us up when we were devastated. That was another great example of leadership and trying to hold us together and optimistic about the next one or trying to find answers."

ESPN's Marc Spears, Dave McMenamin, Brian Windhorst and Baxter Holmes contributed to this report.

Congratulations to Coach Pop on becoming the all-time winningest coach of all-time!

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

A few Years ago he had Back problems that put him out with my Sixers for some time no shock to hear this. Hope to play some of the last few Games of the Regular Season yeah you might as well shut him down now for the rest of the Season and call it a day. Even if he comes back his body won't be in Game shape with the risk of him getting hurt again even easier. It's like when a WR hasn't played for a bit and they get on the field and boom Hamstring problems.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler