The Official 2024 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
There's no easy way out of this whole thing with Davis. You don't do it now but I think the Lakers should consider seeing what they can get for him after next season. LeBron and Westbrook will be free agents after next season and there's no way you are building your new team around Davis.
You don't think about trading AD till LeBron leaves and after you see if you can pair him with another star. AD is too good and still young to keep around for the Lakers.

He needs to take better care of his body first off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Source: Phoenix Suns star Chris Paul to miss 6-8 weeks with right thumb injury​

ESPN

CLEVELAND -- Phoenix Suns guard Chris Paul will be out for the next six to eight weeks because of an avulsion fracture in his right thumb, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The injury is a massive blow to a Suns team with the league's best record, and knocks the All-Star floor general out for at least the vast majority of the remaining regular-season schedule.

The regular season ends seven weeks from Sunday, on April 10. The playoffs begin on April 16.

"We've dealt with a lot already this year," Suns coach Monty Williams, who helped coach Team LeBron to a victory on Sunday night, said after the game. "We've lost multiple guys due to injury this year, and we've had things outside of basketball invade, so to think you're going to go through an NBA season and not have adversity, it's silly.

"You hate it, but you're prepared for it. This is different, because it's Chris. But with that in mind, it's also an opportunity to strengthen our team and give other guys confidence in certain areas, and when he does come back, I think we'll be that much better."

Paul, who is averaging 14.9 points and a league-leading 10.7 assists for the 48-win Suns, hurt his thumb during the third quarter of Wednesday's win over the visiting Houston Rockets. He was ejected for picking up a pair of technical fouls immediately after the play happened and was seen grabbing at his hand as he exited the court.

Paul came off the bench for Team LeBron on Sunday night less than an hour after the news of his injury first broke. He checked into the game for DeMar DeRozan with 3:49 to go in the first quarter. Paul was guarding his Suns teammate, Devin Booker, who half-heartedly tried to get him to fall for his own move -- the rip-through to draw a foul -- before firing up a missed jumper.

Paul, who was wearing a wrap on his right hand, had one shot at an assist, passing the ball to Jimmy Butler -- who missed a corner 3-pointer. Then he drove down the lane for a left-handed layup that he missed.

Afterward, Paul -- true to form -- swiped at the ball with his left hand after Rudy Gobert grabbed the rebound of his miss, and got called for a foul. The game then went into a timeout, and when play resumed, Paul found himself back on the bench.

"He wanted to get out there and we got him a minute or two and then after that we had already planned that, so he could play," Williams said, in explaining why Paul played Sunday night. "So we're just gonna take it day by day, and see how he heals up as we go forward.

"But again, I'm just grateful to have him in the locker room. I was talking to him about practice minutes, I've never done this before. So Chris was huge for me. Just giving me his experience and wisdom. I wish he could've played because you know how competitive Chris is. It's unfortunate, but it's going to help us going forward."

During his media availability Saturday, Paul was asked several questions about his injury. While he did his best to evade them, he admitted it was frustrating.

"We're 48-10, and if we do miss some time, I know the guys are going to hold it down," Paul said. "There's always going to be a frustration with injury. My hand surgeon is part of my family now.

"I always want to play. When I felt that in my hand, I was mad for all types of reasons," Paul added. "Obviously, we're not going to [rush it]. I'm going to try to heal as fast as physically possible. The second I'm able to play, I guarantee you I will be playing."

Phoenix is 6½ games ahead of the Golden State Warriors and eight games ahead of the Memphis Grizzlies for the best record in the Western Conference -- and the NBA -- with 24 games to go in the regular season. The Suns entered the All-Star break having won 21 of their previous 24 contests.

Williams said the Suns are already working on contingency plans for how they'll manage without Paul, saying he and his coaching staff spent time this weekend preparing for the final few weeks of the regular season.

And Devin Booker tried to look at the bright side of things, saying that the 36-year-old will be well rested when the playoffs begin thanks to spending so much time on the sidelines.

"We have to figure it out," Booker said. "Everybody has to give a little bit more. I look at the beauty in it. He gets to rest his legs. He gets to get ready for a long postseason that we're trying to make happen. So we got to hold it down without him. We got to hold the fort down. I'm sure Coach is already coming up with some game plans and schemes to make it work without him out there."

TNT first reported the news of Paul's injury.

This is indeed a crushing blow for the Suns, as they lose a huge piece of that team that is Chris Paul.

I wish for him a speedy recovery.

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

Source: Phoenix Suns star Chris Paul to miss 6-8 weeks with right thumb injury​

This is indeed a crushing blow for the Suns, as they lose a huge piece of that team that is Chris Paul.

I wish for him a speedy recovery.
That blows. They probably lose the 1 seed to the Warriors now, but at least he will be around for the playoffs.

Reactions: Doom

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Apparently Zion hasn't even talked to CJ since he was traded and JJ Redick commented saying Zion doesn't talk to his teammates and he feels like he is a "detached teammate"

Crazy lol.

Darkavius

Reaction score
Apparently Zion hasn't even talked to CJ since he was traded and JJ Redick commented saying Zion doesn't talk to his teammates and he feels like he is a "detached teammate"

Crazy lol.

The only reason I find this story interesting is the Zion story is similar to the Simmons story in that I think that this will lead to issues when the CBA comes up for renegotiation. Between Harden, Simmons and Zion I think that the players are shooting themselves in the foot in the long run.

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
The only reason I find this story interesting is the Zion story is similar to the Simmons story in that I think that this will lead to issues when the CBA comes up for renegotiation. Between Harden, Simmons and Zion I think that the players are shooting themselves in the foot in the long run.
If Zion doesn't lose any weight soon he will have no feet to shoot lol.

Apparently after the report came out he reached out to CJ.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Kyrie I guess will be able to play Home Games then. No excuses Brooklyn when your team does nothing in the Playoffs that you didn't have Kyrie as if he's some kind of Scoring Machine like KD. In other news Embiid, Harden, and Maxey are cooking the last two Games together.

:nod:kawhi

Last edited:

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

Kyrie I guess will be able to play Home Games then. No excuses Brooklyn when your team does nothing in the Playoffs that you didn't have Kyrie as if he's some kind of Scoring Machine like KD. In other news Embiid, Harden, and Maxey are cooking the last two Games together.

:nod:kawhi

"Does nothing in the playoffs"

lol 1 foot size lower we would have went to the finals. Considering Ky and the crew just beat the Bucks without Ben and KD I ain't worried. Beating the Knicks isn't impressive our rookie Cam Thomas dominated them a couple weeks ago without Ky, KD and Ben lol.

AND we all know Harden and Embiids track record in the playoffs lol. Ky and KD got the rings. We'll see you in the playoffs.

joel-embiid-crying.jpg

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I really don't fear anyone in the East that includes Brooklyn in a 7 Game Series. KD is going to cook we all know that and you know that and it comes down to Simmons and Irving. Simmons is going to needed and he's going to be the major reason why you do nothing anything in the Playoffs. I mean Harden and Embiid aren't the only guys cooking people need to put some respect on the name Maxey. He's been playing better this past Season better than some top tier Guards and he gives them an element to where you need to guard him at all times. Once Tobias finds his way that is a damn good Starting Four to go with Thybulle who is playing at a Defensive Player of the Year level right now. The Sixers in their last 12 are 8-4 and in those wins they beat Teams like Chicago who they are 3-0 against, Memphis, Cavs, and Timberwolves so this success of winning goes way beyond beating down NY.

In other News baring any setbacks the Sixers are signing DeAndre Jordan which is going spell Embiid and do the same type of role Drummond had with us.

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

Russell Westbrook's Return for 2022-23 Season Deemed 'Impossible'

And they said Dwight Howards first run as a Laker went bad. :Shaqlol:

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Dude is going to be making 47 Million next Season they are going to need to really go through alot of avenues to get him off their books for sure.

Reactions: Adapting

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Timberwolves are legit contenders this year I tell you.

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
I watched the Hornets for the first time all year tonight and now I know why I hadn't. Kyrie Irving dropped a 50 burger on us!

And possibly gave the team COVID. :DEAD:

Last edited:

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I watched the Hornets for the first time all year tonight and now I know why I hadn't. Kyrie Irving dropped a 50 burger on us!

And possibly gave the team COVID. :DEAD:
50 points in 19 shots. That's absurd.

Reactions: Swerve