• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Darkavius

Reaction score
76ers got fucking killed in that trade, my god.

I understand off-loading Ben Simmons because he wasn't going to give you anything this year but to give up THAT much for James Harden? I just hope that when the season is all said and done we are not looking at Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving with an NBA Championship if there is a God.

Reactions: Adapting

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I understand off-loading Ben Simmons because he wasn't going to give you anything this year but to give up THAT much for James Harden? I just hope that when the season is all said and done we are not looking at Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving with an NBA Championship if there is a God.
Exactly.

You gave the Nets Ben Simmons who doesn't need to shoot because he has KD, Kyrie, Patty Mills and now Seth Curry shooters around him and who can play amazing defense and playmake. You also gave them Andre Drummond and the Nets were lacking in centers, they needed a big body. 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS, which will be flipped in the off season probably. How do you go from asking for first round picks for Simmons to trading two of your own? lmao.

You have all this to a team who is in the same conference and same DIVISON.

Reactions: Darkavius

Darkavius

Reaction score
Exactly.

You gave the Nets Ben Simmons who doesn't need to shoot because he has KD, Kyrie, Patty Mills and now Seth Curry shooters around him and who can play amazing defense and playmake. You also gave them Andre Drummond and the Nets were lacking in centers, they needed a big body. 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS, which will be flipped in the off season probably. How do you go from asking for first round picks for Simmons to trading two of your own? lmao.

You have all this to a team who is in the same conference and same DIVISON.

Even more so think about what the Nets can do in the offseason. They can do things with those first round picks and they can get Kyrie off their books to get more play makers. Although, if Simmons doesn't work out the Nets are sitting on a heavy contract for the next few years. After all this I hate to side with the owners but I hope the CBA is amended heavily in 2 years I think.

It makes no sense to be able to sit out an entire season because you can't hack it mentally only to be traded to title contenders. The Kings and the 76ers are proving to me why the CBA needs to be changed.

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Even more so think about what the Nets can do in the offseason. They can do things with those first round picks and they can get Kyrie off their books to get more play makers. Although, if Simmons doesn't work out the Nets are sitting on a heavy contract for the next few years. After all this I hate to side with the owners but I hope the CBA is amended heavily in 2 years I think.

It makes no sense to be able to sit out an entire season because you can't hack it mentally only to be traded to title contenders. The Kings and the 76ers are proving to me why the CBA needs to be changed.
Whether Simmons works or doesn't; the return rather than just letting Harden walk for free is value. Unless his "mental healthy issues" get in the way and he decides to cry again, I don't see an issue with Simmons. Kyrie is the wild card.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm sure you guys were waiting for a loyal Sixers fan to give his thoughts on the Harden Trade to my Sixers right? I understand people thinking they got fleeched but did you see Brooklyn's Team vs Boston the other night outside of Harden, Durant, and Kyrie? They have no Bench at all and even Joe Harris their best Shooter outside of Durant is still out and I'm hearing he might need another Ankle Surgery. So Durant who due to come back after the All Star Break probably won't give a shit about winning when this Team is out of the running because and Kyrie can't play Home Games in Brooklyn with the NY Vaccination Mandate so what did they gain going forward? I loved Curry it hurts for me see him go, and Drummond was playing Game for us, but I wasn't willing to give up a young Star in Maxey or Thybulle who is gonna be a top 20 Defensive stopper for years to come. Simmons to me will never want to approve his Game as much as people think he won't need to look at what happened to Durant in the Playoffs. It was all on him and when he needed his other Stars they didn't provide any kind of support for him. Simmons is going to do what he was doing before and Durant is not gonna have his team feeling like it's 5 on 4 all the time if they make the Playoffs and if it happens it will probably be through the Play in. Harden helps take the pressure off of Embiid he can win Games on his own and you'll need to look at what Harden doing freeing up Embiid to cook ever Center in the league like he's been doing since Jump Street.

They have a chance to make the Conference Final now and in the Offseason priority 1 resign Harden or Trade for Dame. After that you can try to get rid of Tobias not because of play because of money and that is another guy who is gonna love what Harden does for him on the floor. Harden, Embiid, Maxey that is a good core to have and you can fill in from there.

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Just touching on Kyrie actually because I've not been around. What are the views?

I personally think the Nets are stupid for giving in and playing him. Either he can play them all or he can play none of them should be the stance and if he can't then surely there is grounds for some form of dismissal because he is not honouring his contract. And don't get me wrong here I am in no way wanting to get into a Covid argument but the situation is what is. In most places you need to be vaccinated to play and he's not which is his choice but it is just that a choice. It's also a choice to not play him because he can't play in most Cities.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I can't hate on him for his personal feelings right or wrong on not wanting to get vaccinated but you would think at his age he would the check his ego at the Door and just sacrifice his views with the possibility of helping the Nets get to the Finals. The Nets have a big decision to make after the Season if the Mandate is still in play because I don't see too many teams wanting to touch him the way he's acted.

Give me Lopez and Schröder as Bench contributors please.

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It's incredible how the Nets have gone from Super Team that is going to win everything to one of the big 3 playing less than half of the games and another already traded away. Who saw it imploding so quickly?

• Wow
Reactions: Doom

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
That didn't take long. Ben Simmons planning to join the Nets on the road for the Miami game tomorrow... little bitch.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
That didn't take long. Ben Simmons planning to join the Nets on the road for the Miami game tomorrow... little bitch.

Yeah it shows all this stuff with Mental health he used as excuses was bs shows the type of person he is for sure. I mean has he been working out and doing what needs to do because in Game shape vs Gym Shape are totally different animals. I hope if he plays Miami burns them up and beats them by 20.

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Gary. Trent. Junior.

Just hit 42 against Houston. I fucking love this kid!

Screenshot_20220211-034051_Twitter.jpg

Darkavius

Reaction score
I'm sure you guys were waiting for a loyal Sixers fan to give his thoughts on the Harden Trade to my Sixers right? I understand people thinking they got fleeched but did you see Brooklyn's Team vs Boston the other night outside of Harden, Durant, and Kyrie? They have no Bench at all and even Joe Harris their best Shooter outside of Durant is still out and I'm hearing he might need another Ankle Surgery. So Durant who due to come back after the All Star Break probably won't give a shit about winning when this Team is out of the running because and Kyrie can't play Home Games in Brooklyn with the NY Vaccination Mandate so what did they gain going forward? I loved Curry it hurts for me see him go, and Drummond was playing Game for us, but I wasn't willing to give up a young Star in Maxey or Thybulle who is gonna be a top 20 Defensive stopper for years to come. Simmons to me will never want to approve his Game as much as people think he won't need to look at what happened to Durant in the Playoffs. It was all on him and when he needed his other Stars they didn't provide any kind of support for him. Simmons is going to do what he was doing before and Durant is not gonna have his team feeling like it's 5 on 4 all the time if they make the Playoffs and if it happens it will probably be through the Play in. Harden helps take the pressure off of Embiid he can win Games on his own and you'll need to look at what Harden doing freeing up Embiid to cook ever Center in the league like he's been doing since Jump Street.

They have a chance to make the Conference Final now and in the Offseason priority 1 resign Harden or Trade for Dame. After that you can try to get rid of Tobias not because of play because of money and that is another guy who is gonna love what Harden does for him on the floor. Harden, Embiid, Maxey that is a good core to have and you can fill in from there.

I get what you are saying about the 76ers but Harden is a different player since the changes to the flop rule. I have no doubt he will add support to the 76ers but to give up Seth and Drummond, and 2 first round picks for an older Harden who you will probably move on from within 2 seasons is crazy. Most people think the Nets won this trade but you are right. The Nets are still front heavy. Even coming back the Nets are going to ask a lot of minutes out of Durant and while they gain a shooter Curry is not great defensively.

I think the Nets will struggle against another team with good shooters because Durant cannot be on every night and if you can break Simmons in the Atlanta series he can be broken again. I mean are we forgetting that Milwaukee got a good pickup too with Ibaka?

Just touching on Kyrie actually because I've not been around. What are the views?

I personally think the Nets are stupid for giving in and playing him. Either he can play them all or he can play none of them should be the stance and if he can't then surely there is grounds for some form of dismissal because he is not honouring his contract. And don't get me wrong here I am in no way wanting to get into a Covid argument but the situation is what is. In most places you need to be vaccinated to play and he's not which is his choice but it is just that a choice. It's also a choice to not play him because he can't play in most Cities.

Kyrie believes the Earth is flat. To your point though the Nets didn't have a choice. Harden was playing bad and they can't rely on Durant to do everything. Plus, Dmac think about it. If you have a guy under contract why would you pay him millions of dollars to just sit? You play him this year but remember the Nets are not offering him an extension for next year. My guess is they are hoping for big things out of Simmons since that is a big contract they are sitting on.

We know the the 76ers have picked up Harden's option next year so Embid/Harden will be a thing next season but you can't say Durant/Kyrie/Simmons will be a thing next season and I'm not sure how much cap space they will have since they now have to pay for Durant and Simmons.

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

At the time the entire team was either hurt or had covid and the rotation was changing drastically every single night so having Kyrie out there was a better idea even if it was part time. This is not be defending Kyrie, I still think he's a bitch.
Yeah it shows all this stuff with Mental health he used as excuses was bs shows the type of person he is for sure. I mean has he been working out and doing what needs to do because in Game shape vs Gym Shape are totally different animals. I hope if he plays Miami burns them up and beats them by 20.
TBH most knew it was just excuses he never had any mental health issues, he just didn't want to play for the 76ers ever again.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I'm glad the 76ers sent Ben Simmons to the Nets for James Harden. The Nets are a dumpster fire right now with the way the team's playing. With Simmons in the mix, he's gonna continue to be a distraction. Harden with the 76ers is a big win, as the team could use him, to help the team down the stretch in hopes to get back to the playoffs once again.

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Harden is expected to play next Tuesday vs The Celtics. I'm pretty sure The Sixers haven't cleared Harden with his Physical which keeps Curry, Simmons, and Drummond not being able to play. Troll job and I love it

Last edited: