• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Ace

So the Lakers are looking to start their defense by making a fairly big trade by the looks of it.

Rumours are that they are going to ship Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green and JaVale McGee to the Spurs for LaMarcus Aldridge.

Who wins that trade, if it happens?
Spurs

Lakers lose solid depth and get a 35-year-old in return.

Not sure why they'd look for that sort of shakeup when they've just won the championship anyway?! They've got a system that works...

Ace

Mavs are gonna clear out our high wage deadwood and prepare to meet Giannis' wage requests. The allure of FREAK MAGIC is too much for him to resist
:garrett

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
20201028-192649.jpg

Nets leaked City edition jersey.

And may I be the first to say. What in the blue hell is that???

Ace

Mavs would presumably need to ship KP for that to happen?
Not really, we have:

• Hardaway on 20m this season, 19 next, expiring after next.
  • Courtney Lee on 12.7m expiring now
  • Dwight Powell on 10m, expiring 22/23
  • Delon Wright on 9.5m, expiring 2021/22

If we could get rid of those guys in trades/free agency it would theoretically be possible.

Realistically we won't ever get Giannis lmao, it's just my dream scenario. Would like to get rid of Hardaway and Lee ASAP and get better players to play around Luka though.

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Shit, that's some mediocre over-payment right there.

Who would you see as a realistic get to throw into the 5 with Luka and KP?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Anyone mind if I merge this with the other NBA Thread and rename the og thread for consistency and cleanliness?

I don't really care either way. One long NBA thread is fine with me but most sites seem to make a new one for each offseason and season and then make a new one so I've never really questioned it :lol

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
If there is an OG thread it was more than 3 pages back so I just thought a new one would be fine.