The Official 2024 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Spurs are only 1 game back from the 8th seed and there might have to be a play-in game between 8 and 9 seeds :garrett

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm on edge right now with my Sixers. Ben Simmons goes down with a Dislocation of his KneeCap which could of been treated rather than Surgery, and then Embidd goes down with an Injury to his Ankle. He looked okay when he walked off so I expect him to be back by the start of the Playoffs. Still I don't know what the future holds in the Playoffs or the Offseason with this team.

Ace

Reaction score
76ers are in a pretty shit spot right now. With pieces like Simmons and Embid this team should really be peaking and threatening ring(s) given their ages. But they just can't seem to find the right parts to work around them. It's really sad cos I really like Simmons + Embid but I think both will need to move to get a ring.

I do feel they should be a lot better than they are though with Richardson + Horford backing up the two stars. It's quite a strange situation.

Luka just keeps going from strength to strength for my Mavs. Can't wait to see the next few seasons with him and Kristaps.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Simmons and Embiid are still young as hell. They could both easily still get better in the years to come, and there's no reason to think they're just going to fall off in the next 3-5 years. They both should be great for close to another decade. I know it's the NBA and the hip thing is to win now, and blow everything up if you don't win a title in the first 3 seasons of a certain lineup, but I'd much rather see them ride things out unless there's some kind of irreconcilable differences that come up (which for all I know, there is, but I'm not aware of anything).

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Simmons and Embiid are still young as hell. They could both easily still get better in the years to come, and there's no reason to think they're just going to fall off in the next 3-5 years. They both should be great for close to another decade. I know it's the NBA and the hip thing is to win now, and blow everything up if you don't win a title in the first 3 seasons of a certain lineup, but I'd much rather see them ride things out unless there's some kind of irreconcilable differences that come up (which for all I know, there is, but I'm not aware of anything).

Yeah I would love to see them ride this out, but the Organization is not as patient as is the fans like me. For some reason I don't know honestly if Embiid or Simmons will ever be locked in as players. Embiid never seems to do the right things at times being lazy as a player and not taking the game seriously whether it's his body or just his game in general. Simmons to me hasn't improved as player since his Rookie Season. I don't understand how you can not work on the mental block he has not shooting. Before his injury it did seem he was slowly becoming confident to shoot, then the injury puts him back in his funk. They really need a Veteran to get in the Ears of both guys which is why I really wanted Lebron because he would of helped elevated their games. I hope it all works out for the better.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
With the Spurs beating the Rockets it only puts them a half game back from the 8th seed and they're at 7% of a chance of making the playoffs now which will change depending on the Suns, Grizzlies, and Blazers losses (they're all going to happen) later today.

They hype is real :garrett

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not saying they're going to fall off, lol. Just that they should be at the top of their game right now, and if the best this philly team can do is be scraping into the playoffs then questions need to be asked.

I do think that Simmons and Embid can be the core to a winning team but something isn't working. Whether it's the pieces around them, the coaching staff, or their attitudes. They're clearly a team underperforming and unless they can sort out the problem, I struggle to see much hope for what should be a championship-contending team.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Orlando beat the Bucks game 1. Dat homefield advantage :hayden3

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
This is a big blow to the Celtics.

It's announced that Gordon Hayward's out for 4 weeks with an ankle sprain.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The Sixers better win tomorrow night. They showed flashes of greatness then fell apart in the 4th Quarter. I need more of Embiid and Horford bullying like I saw in Game 1. Hayward is now out 4 Weeks with an injury take advantage of that please Sixers!

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
FiveThirtyEight has bumped the Spurs up from 2% to a 3% chance of making the playoffs after that victory :garrett

They've got Celtics 2nd favorites to win it all now

:garrett

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Mavs def need higher chance after Luka's domination games 1 and 2...Porzingas getting kicked out of game 1 :calout

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3