• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 MLB Regular Season Discussion Thread

Matrix

We're All Just Weird Kids In The End
I can’t blame you, kids really really good. Wonder who Boston would offer up for him. :lol wouldn’t mind getting Duvall back haha
I would love a Duvall for Grissom trade lol. Clears a spot for Duran to play every day for us, and gives us a 2nd basemen or shortstop for the rest of the year to replace Yu Chang and pair with Story for the season and potentially pair with Mayer as our middle infield of the future.

Matrix

We're All Just Weird Kids In The End
Bloom taking a nap every trade deadline day is so infuriating.

Also Brendan Donovan is having season ending surgery, guess he's not being traded.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Yankees did fuck-all at the deadline, picking up a reliever. Surprised they didn't do anything thought they'd either sell or buy and instead they did fuck all.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Braves didn’t do much either, but I guess they probably felt they didn’t need to. They were talks about starting pitchers but I’ll let AA talk about that for yall

Storm Trooper

Brandon Blaze said:
Braves didn’t do much either, but I guess they probably felt they didn’t need to. They were talks about starting pitchers but I’ll let AA talk about that for yall
yeah Braves didn't need to do anything. They're one of the best teams in baseball this season. Yankees are in last place in August for the first time since 1990.

Storm Trooper

Bobby Barrows said:
Justin Verlander to the Astros and I continue to die a little inside.
I know I actually don't hate Verlander and wouldn't have minded being able to root for him but no he went from the Ass-Tros to the Mets then back to the Ass-Tros.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
yeah Braves didn't need to do anything. They're one of the best teams in baseball this season. Yankees are in last place in August for the first time since 1990.
Got people in Braves groups I’m in upset by it, and I’m just like “this team is really great the way it is, sure they probably could’ve made a few more moves and traded away some of the prospects, or something like that, but at the end of the day this team still is great.”

like a lot of them get so nervous at even the slightest hiccup. No teams gonna win 162 games in a season. But they are a lot of them who if the Braves win 23 games in a row, when they lose that first one after those 23. They act as if the world is ending. I’m sure all fan bases are like that. But when you are 67-37, with an 11 game lead, they are plenty of teams who would gladly be in that position. It just gets annoying seeing them fans like that.

Storm Trooper

yeah I mean I get you see a flaw in your team you want them to address it, but when you are that good the flaws are miniscule and not worth breaking the status quo.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Phillies beat the Marlins, so Braves stay at 11 over the Phillies but the Marlins fall 12.5 back. Mets still playing KC right now, so go KC. Thanks to the Brewers, the Nats lose, but they so far back they ain’t even a threat at 24.5 games back.